Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by HYDRAE View Post
    I only deadlift with a hex bar anymore. Honestly, unless you compete in deadlift, I'm not sure what advantage a straight bb deadlift gives the average dude besides injuries.
    The deadlift is a very functional lift it literally teaches you how to pick **** up on the ground

HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mephiles9 View Post
    The deadlift is a very functional lift it literally teaches you how to pick **** up on the ground
    fascinating - I had no idea. Do please go on....
    “The Misc. is a stone-faced Uncle Sam with Popeye’s forearms and a cocked pistol in each hand. It’s a screeching bald eagle with a foreign Bad Thing in its talons. It’s everything that defines America’s bro culture, magnified and weaponized. But it’s deeper than that.“

leoric1997 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leoric1997 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leoric1997 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leoric1997 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leoric1997 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leoric1997 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leoric1997 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leoric1997 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leoric1997 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leoric1997 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leoric1997 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol @ deadlifting

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I care more about training grip than anything else, so I always do double overhand.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Double overhand crew.

Purely because I believe that your wrists/grip is a sign the weight is getting beyond your means. Ignore this grip signal and the next signal is snap city.

Bad back brah so I don't want any of that ****.

mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by leoric1997 View Post
    lol @ deadlifting
    For bodybuilding I agree there are much better exercises you can do to hit your posterior chain more effectively for muscle growth but for strength the deadlift is definitely essential

swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its 275lb now @ 135lbs
    Don't slam the bar down when you're done. Control the weight slowly as you set it down. Just think of the reverse of when you were pulling it up.
    "It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience."

- Julius Caesar

Originally Posted by swolefnatic View Post
    Don't slam the bar down when you're done. Control the weight slowly as you set it down. Just think of the reverse of when you were pulling it up.
    I did slowly control the weight I hip hinge to the level of my knees then I bent at the knees to bring the weight down to the ground

78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Pumpinmirin View Post
    Double overhand crew.

Purely because I believe that your wrists/grip is a sign the weight is getting beyond your means. Ignore this grip signal and the next signal is snap city.

Bad back brah so I don't want any of that ****.
    I've never understood this line of thought. Do you actually believe that your hamstrings/glutes/erectors/rhomboids/lats/traps/core all working together (basic half the musculature of your entire body) are only safely capable of lifting what your forearms can hold?
    Permabulk/bloatlord Crew
    Tradie Crew
    HTC

quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That’s your 1 rep max?

Should’ve made thread when you could at least do 3 plates

Originally Posted by 78novacaine View Post
    I've never understood this line of thought. Do you actually believe that your hamstrings/glutes/erectors/rhomboids/lats/traps/core all working together (basic half the musculature of your entire body) are only safely capable of lifting what your forearms can hold?
    Jason blaha said that any grown man should be able to deadlift 405 for 5 reps in 1 year of training

Originally Posted by quadfecta View Post
    That’s your 1 rep max?

Should’ve made thread when you could at least do 3 plates
    It's not my 1 rep max I could have easily done 2 more reps and it was double overhand no straps, chalk or weightlifting belt so I could probably deadlift 315 double overhand with straps

quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) quadfecta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's not my 1 rep max I could have easily done 2 more reps and it was double overhand no straps, chalk or weightlifting belt so I could probably deadlift 315 double overhand with straps
    Straps are cope

The purpose of chalk is to do the same thing, except it’s power lifting contest legal

Get a bar with more aggressive knurling if chalk isn’t enough to increase your grip

78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Heeeee-HAAAAAAWWWW
    STFU you fukking donkey.
    Permabulk/bloatlord Crew
    Tradie Crew
    HTC

Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Same premise as a rolled ankle having deeper implications for your knees, hips, back and neck.

Body operates as a chain by your own admission. By twisting one arm to form an assymetrical mixed grip there are deeper implications for traps, lats, hips etc.

Key thing is health and longevity versus diminishing returns.

STFU you fukking donkey.
    I have know idea why you hate me so much

Same premise as a rolled ankle having deeper implications for your knees, hips, back and neck.

Body operates as a chain by your own admission. By twisting one arm to form an assymetrical mixed grip there are deeper implications for traps, lats, hips etc.
    This

So why not use straps or hook grip? I only use a mixed grip on heavy pulls off the floor, which I only do a few times a year at the moment so imbalances aren't a concern...
    Permabulk/bloatlord Crew
    Tradie Crew
    HTC

yewotm8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yewotm8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yewotm8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yewotm8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yewotm8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yewotm8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yewotm8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yewotm8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yewotm8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yewotm8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) yewotm8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just use straps. Lol at people who think they are badass because they use mixed grip and develop posture imbalances.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Up to 315 double overhead
    Over 315 gets mixed grips
    Straps just feel weird on deadlifts off the floor

So why not use straps or hook grip? I only use a mixed grip on heavy pulls off the floor, which I only do a few times a year at the moment so imbalances aren't a concern...
    What's your total on the big three

Originally Posted by yewotm8 View Post
    I just use straps. Lol at people who think they are badass because they use mixed grip and develop posture imbalances.
    This also the mixed grip can tear your bicep

CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CeBKa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    doing hook grip since last month, yall retards got me paranoid with that bicep tear sht.
    S 420/B 310/D 515 @173lb
    BSc Dietetics/Sports Nutrition
    MSc Biomedical Sc/Endocrinology

"Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it." - Mike Tyson.

Originally Posted by CeBKa View Post
    doing hook grip since last month, yall retards got me paranoid with that bicep tear sht.
    Because the mixed grip is very dangerous who hell wants to tear their bicep and also have posture imbalances

DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Because the mixed grip is very dangerous who hell wants to tear their bicep and also have posture imbalances
    It's not very dangerous.

Driving a car is very dangerous.

Mixed grip deadlift is more like a privilege.

What's your total on the big three
    Not a fukkin clue at the moment, I haven't squatted with a straight bar in months or done anything below ~5 reps on any lift. Probably only like ~1,100 if I had to walk into the gym right now and do a meet with zero prep.
    Permabulk/bloatlord Crew
    Tradie Crew
    HTC

Originally Posted by DrewDarden View Post
    It's not very dangerous.

Driving a car is very dangerous.

Mixed grip deadlift is more like a privilege.
    Yeah that's why I don't drive or take the bus to work I just walk there