dazlsmith is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Meal Plan for Pescatarian

Hey all, this is my first post here.. i've been following and using advice from the forums for a long time but now i'm being brave and posting myself haha.

I am looking for either a week or day meal plan example for a pescatarian. I find i am sticking to the same type of things; eggs, tuna, tofu, quorn etc and whist I have no issues at all with this.. I have only been pescatarian for a few months now and so know there is more i can do.

I am 6,2, 29 years old, weigh 224 pounds and am an ectomorph with a ridiculous metabolism so trying to see gains is proving quite difficult. My TARGET DAILY CALORIC INTAKE: 3166 CALORIES

My usual daily eating plan would be:

Breakfast: 1 Banana and a bowl of bran flakes (i travel a lot for work so breakfast has to be something fast)

Meal 2: 2 x Egg mayo sandwiches using 4 free range eggs, a bit of mayo and then salad such as lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber.

Lunch: Brown Rice with tofu or white fish and broccoli or brown pasta with tuna and more salad

Meal 3: Protein Shake and 1 Banana.

Dinner (evening meal) will always vary but its never crazy unhealthy.. usually some form of veg, quorn/fish and sweet potato

Pre-Workout: bowl of Greek yoghurt, mixed fruits (usually berries and raisins) and granola

Post-Workout: Protein Shake

As i get out of gym around 9pm and have my protein shake I then dont tend to have another meal in thje evening, if however i am on a rest day I will have a protein shake with a spoonful of peanut butter and a banana blended in after Dinner.

Thanks in advance for all your help guys ! I hope my rambling makes sense haha
    Last edited by dazlsmith; 08-11-2020 at 03:57 AM.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do you really need a plan? most of us just eat IIFYM style instead of having a set meal plan with certain foods

cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by alisaweaver View Post
    Don't you think that you eat a bit too often? Eight times is a really too much. think about it?
    I wouldn't say it's too much. It just isn't necessary. If somebody likes eating that way there isn't anything inherently wrong with it.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I doubt that you should be trying to gain weight at 224lbs. You can probably get stronger or gain muscle with maintenance or a slight calorie deficit.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I doubt that you should be trying to gain weight at 224lbs. You can probably get stronger or gain muscle with maintenance or a slight calorie deficit.
    I have always been quite slim, even though I am this weight, I still don't look like I am lifting weights very much (I've been set back a lot since the whole lockdown scenario) I just want to start putting muscle. The extra fat doesn't bother me too much for now as I know its hard to gain without a bit of extra weight. Do I eat too much or anything that should be changed? I always get paranoid it's not enough to be honest lol

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dazlsmith View Post
    I have always been quite slim, even though I am this weight, I still don't look like I am lifting weights very much (I've been set back a lot since the whole lockdown scenario) I just want to start putting muscle. The extra fat doesn't bother me too much for now as I know its hard to gain without a bit of extra weight. Do I eat too much or anything that should be changed? I always get paranoid it's not enough to be honest lol
    This 'bit of extra weight' you're talking about is probably like 30+ lbs more than you need to be healthy.... you're already technically overweight.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    This 'bit of extra weight' you're talking about is probably like 30+ lbs more than you need to be healthy.... you're already technically overweight.
    So what would people say is a good amount to eat each day? Could you give an example of a days worth of eating? Keeping in mind I'm an ectomorph so putting on weight is tough

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So what would people say is a good amount to eat each day? Could you give an example of a days worth of eating? Keeping in mind I'm an ectomorph so putting on weight is tough
    man... with those stats, eating 3166 calories to gain weight isn't exactly an "ectomorph with a crazy metabolism". would you say a really obese person who needs 5000 calories to put on weight is an ectomorph too?

i'm not trying to rag on you here, just trying to make a point. a crazy metabolism would be a kid who's your height, weighs 150 lbs and needs 3500 calories a day to put on weight

by the way, this ecto/meso/endo body type thing has been debunked iirc

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You didn't end up at 224lb having a 'hard time' putting on weight....

I have no idea how much you should eat. You need to figure out how many calories you're burning through trial and error, and then eat that.

'Ectopmorph' isn't a thing.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Post a pic of current physique.
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat a lot of fish and vegetables, hit your macros, what's the hard part?

Originally Posted by 1MANU View Post
    Post a pic of current physique.
    Hmm, I've tried sending links but because I'm new I can't just yet sorry, I have uploaded two pictures to my dashboard/profile though if you're able to access them?

I'm not trying to annoy anyone but it looks like it's coming across that way 😅 I'm just looking for some advice on if the diet needs a change. My pictures are 10 months apart but I don't feel I saw much progress after the first 3 or 4 months so was looking to find out if I was eating enough and if not, what could be changed. Thanks for all the replies though.

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You look slightly leaner but could be due to lighting.

For 11 months, progress should be better - just being honest. Don't think it is as much as diet as your training. Check your training. What is your training like?
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

Originally Posted by 1MANU View Post
    You look slightly leaner but could be due to lighting.

For 11 months, progress should be better - just being honest. Don't think it is as much as diet as your training. Check your training. What is your training like?
    I go to the gym three times a week for about 2 hours. I split my workouts into back and bi, chest and tri, shoulders and legs.

Each day I'll try to get around 4 different exercises in for each part and will usually do 4 x sets of 10 reps but some weeks change it up to do either more reps with less weight or less reps with a higher weight. I'll always make sure that chest includes the bench press and shoulders Includes the military press but I'm not strict with it to the point of noting what I do each time I go. Maybe doing 4 x sets of 10 reps is too light? Or maybe I need to do more than 3 days a week? I found the first 3months it worked really well but then although I got stronger the muscle just didn't appear.

Maybe doing 4 x sets of 10 reps is too light? Or maybe I need to do more than 3 days a week?
    3 days is enough if you're doing full body, which is what you should be doing imo

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    3 days is enough if you're doing full body, which is what you should be doing imo
    Yeah? Hmm maybe that's it then... I'll admit it does feel like once a week isn't enough for each part so that could be it.. Potentially not working them enough

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat what you want just meet minimums:

0.7g/lb bodyweight protein
    0.4g/lb bodyweight fat
    healthy dose of micros and fibre

Beyond that do not stress. You do not need to eat 8 times a day, just do what works for you, is the least stressful and leaves you feeling the most energized for your workouts (if that is 8 times and that isn't inconvenient then by all means). As FaithBrah says, nobody knowledgeable on this forum follows a 'meal plan' or a 'diet'. We just meet macros and calories and generally try to be healthy, if you are doing those things then the other 99% of 'advice' and 'plans' on the internet will make absolutely no difference to your results.

As Faithbrah also says you look like a beginner, you would likely see better progress hitting each muscle group more than once a week. Usually full body 3x per week is recommended but if that doesn't suit you, you could also have a look at some upper/lower routines.

Good luck mate

Edit: Also agree that you don't need to be in a surplus. Eat at maintenance until you stop progressing on your lifts

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Eat what you want just meet minimums:

0.7g/lb bodyweight protein
    0.4g/lb bodyweight fat
    healthy dose of micros and fibre

Beyond that do not stress. You do not need to eat 8 times a day, just do what works for you, is the least stressful and leaves you feeling the most energized for your workouts (if that is 8 times and that isn't inconvenient then by all means). As FaithBrah says, nobody knowledgeable on this forum follows a 'meal plan' or a 'diet'. We just meet macros and calories and generally try to be healthy, if you are doing those things then the other 99% of 'advice' and 'plans' on the internet will make absolutely no difference to your results.

As Faithbrah also says you look like a beginner, you would likely see better progress hitting each muscle group more than once a week. Usually full body 3x per week is recommended but if that doesn't suit you, you could also have a look at some upper/lower routines.

Good luck mate

Edit: Also agree that you don't need to be in a surplus. Eat at maintenance until you stop progressing on your lifts
    I will try that then, thanks a bunch mate and to everyone else who chipped in. Hugely appreciated. 🙂