bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Folks who have passed in the OV35 - Life

I am not sure if everyone in the OV35 knows of the folks who have passed that were members here (May they all RIP) I know about 5 of them and while I just mentioned them, not by name, this post is not about them but about the living in the OV35 in general.

I have gotten to know all of you over the years, some real life friends now, some great online friends (both here and in FB), some good online friends and of course the folks who dislike me..

But thinking that eventually we will all start dying it kind of brought a lump to my throat....

So, much love to all you old fckers in the OV35, here is to health, happiness, love and prosperity in life..

Stay strong and continue hitting the iron till we can't anymore!
    Last edited by bodyhard; 08-12-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    On the list for Bannukah

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Back to you, Big Johnny.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    So, much love to all you old fckers in the OV35, here is to health, happiness, love and prosperity in life.
    Does that include me? ("I'm just funnin' ya" - quote from a old Steven Seagal film)

I breached 73 earlier this year.
    I've somehow lived this long due to some appropriate training, desire to survive and a healthy dose of luck over the decades.

As most here know, I played in live bands from 1970-1980 and I write/record original music.

In the last 1.5 years two of my closest friends/band mates, whom I've stayed in contact with since those days, have passed on.
    Tom Crain - main writer/ rhythm guitarist/lead vocals for our band Ambush - died of complications after dealing with MS since 1993.
    Casey Crain - Tom's son of about 45 - died this passed July from sclerosis of the liver.
    Pat Davis - bass player/vocals for our band Ambush - history of pancreas issues/seizures/alcoholic - died this passed April, never took the doc' orders/remained an alcoholic.

So...is my other decades old friend/band member next?.....am I next?
    But....one does not dwell on these unknowns.

Those of us who can relate to this topic will understand....we all will reach a stage in our lives when life stops giving and start taking things away.
    My POV....knowing our own sense of mortality is what makes all of our lives worth living....to it's fullest.

I can relate to the topic....from an "old fcker"....hoping to grow a bit older.

Riding off into the sunset.....carry on....
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great post. Honoring the dead makes me remember the gift of life. I am starting to have friends die; It's horrible. I don't sweat petty disagreements like I did before. Long life to you all. I hope I keep training until I die; that is my plan.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "old fcker" has ring to it. I like it. Thanx John.

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The opening post and some of the subsequent replies really punch me in the gut. I recently discovered that 3 of the guys from my intramural basketball team in high school--have already passed on. That's almost half of the team (I think we had 7-8 players). None of them even made 40 years of age (which I just recently celebrated).

To everyone here, in the words of Robin Williams--"Make your life spectacular".........

-AJ
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Back to you, Big Johnny.
    Big ups brotha!

Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Does that include me? ("I'm just funnin' ya" - quote from a old Steven Seagal film)

I breached 73 earlier this year.
    I've somehow lived this long due to some appropriate training, desire to survive and a healthy dose of luck over the decades.

As most here know, I played in live bands from 1970-1980 and I write/record original music.

In the last 1.5 years two of my closest friends/band mates, whom I've stayed in contact with since those days, have passed on.
    Tom Crain - main writer/ rhythm guitarist/lead vocals for our band Ambush - died of complications after dealing with MS since 1993.
    Casey Crain - Tom's son of about 45 - died this passed July from sclerosis of the liver.
    Pat Davis - bass player/vocals for our band Ambush - history of pancreas issues/seizures/alcoholic - died this passed April, never took the doc' orders/remained an alcoholic.

So...is my other decades old friend/band member next?.....am I next?
    But....one does not dwell on these unknowns.

Those of us who can relate to this topic will understand....we all will reach a stage in our lives when life stops giving and start taking things away.
    My POV....knowing our own sense of mortality is what makes all of our lives worth living....to it's fullest.

I can relate to the topic....from an "old fcker"....hoping to grow a bit older.

Riding off into the sunset.....carry on....
    While age is a factor and of course inevitable as no one lives forever, death comes to all ages, my reference to "you old fckers" was tongue in cheek as we are the OV35.

And not sure why but it hit me today that while in real life you lose family and friends, that our internet friends as well will pass on and some will affect you more than others.

Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    Great post. Honoring the dead makes me remember the gift of life. I am starting to have friends die; It's horrible. I don't sweat petty disagreements like I did before. Long life to you all. I hope I keep training until I die; that is my plan.
    Longevity in training!

Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    "old fcker" has ring to it. I like it. Thanx John.
    We were all once "young fckers"....

Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    The opening post and some of the subsequent replies really punch me in the gut. I recently discovered that 3 of the guys from my intramural basketball team in high school--have already passed on. That's almost half of the team (I think we had 7-8 players). None of them even made 40 years of age (which I just recently celebrated).

To everyone here, in the words of Robin Williams--"Make your life spectacular".........

-AJ
    Keep on keeping on bigman..
    On the list for Bannukah

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    On point for sure!
    On the list for Bannukah

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like that message IC!
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    I like that message IC!
    Pretty deep...
    On the list for Bannukah

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When my father was 84, the new owners of the automotive hardware company where he worked as head shipper, forced him to retire. On his last day there, his bosses daughter gave him a plaque that read:

Look to this day!
    For it is life, the very life of life.
    In its brief course lie all the verities and realities of your existence:
    The bliss of growth,
    The glory of action,
    The splendor of beauty;

For yesterday is but a dream,
    And tomorrow is only a vision;
    But today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
    And every tomorrow a vision of hope.
    Look well, therefore, to this day.
    Last edited by supramax; 08-12-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    When my father was 84, the new owners of the automotive hardware company where he worked as head shipper, forced him to retire. On his last day there, his bosses daughter gave him a plaque that read:

Look to this day!
    For it is life, the very life of life.
    In its brief course lie all the verities and realities of your existence:
    The bliss of growth,
    The glory of action,
    The splendor of beauty;

For yesterday is but a dream,
    And tomorrow is only a vision;
    But today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
    And every tomorrow a vision of hope.
    Look well, therefore, to this day.
    Words can express so much..
    On the list for Bannukah

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Each day is a gift. One of the best things that ever happened to me was almost dying at 36. It forever changed my outlook and I realise that happiness is in the present. I always lived in the future....and for no one is there a guarantee. Learning to find the best of each day is a great gift.

My saying is....There is no such thing as a 'bad' day, just some are not as great as others.

Even going through what I have, I have to remind myslef from time to time to just 'be'. A great example is I used to take pictures of things like my kids games or performances....now I just experience them.

Wishing all the best. Life is good and I it never ceases to amaze me what comes around the corner at times. Invite it in and experience it.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Each day is a gift. One of the best things that ever happened to me was almost dying at 36. It forever changed my outlook and I realise that happiness is in the present. I always lived in the future....and for no one is there a guarantee. Learning to find the best of each day is a great gift.

My saying is....There is no such thing as a 'bad' day, just some are not as great as others.

Even going through what I have, I have to remind myslef from time to time to just 'be'. A great example is I used to take pictures of things like my kids games or performances....now I just experience them.

Wishing all the best. Life is good and I it never ceases to amaze me what comes around the corner at times. Invite it in and experience it.
    I like that saying I just bolded.
    On the list for Bannukah

Registered User quicksand jesus's Avatar
    quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "There is no such thing as a 'bad' day, just some are not as great as others."

Words to live by.
    COYS!

Cancer sucks!

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by quicksand jesus View Post

Words to live by.
    I don't remember what play it's from, but Shakespeare pointed out the actual reality with: "There is neither good nor bad, but thinking makes it so."

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by quicksand jesus View Post

Words to live by.
    Took crashing out of the sky, breaking my neck and suffering a front brain injury with subsequent amnesia for me to come up with that. Some good did come out of it.

Actually, my accident was the best thing that ever could have happened to me. (srs). It was truly a gift that gave me the perspective to enjoy each day forward.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Took crashing out of the sky, breaking my neck and suffering a front brain injury with subsequent amnesia for me to come up with that. Some good did come out of it.

Actually, my accident was the best thing that ever could have happened to me. (srs). It was truly a gift that gave me the perspective to enjoy each day forward.
    Sometimes life has a way of putting things in perspective.
    On the list for Bannukah

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "Brothers, what we do in life echoes in eternity."
    Maximus Decimus Meridius

slightly off topic, but when I heard this quote (from the movie Gladiator) it has stuck with me and the spirit of the quote is what I wish to pass on to the younger people in my life.

BH,
    it is because of the "connection to" or "impression left by" those you wish to honour through this thread, that gives you that melancholy ... it simply means that you are human

what do each of us leave behind? Are we proud of that? Will future BH's post about us?
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)