Sptz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need help on choosing a new bar (UK)

Hi everyone! Newbie here from the UK.

I've started lifting around April (right when lockdown was beginning) and managed to buy a Jordan 5FT barbell, it's only 13kg but I've been looking at getting a proper new 7FT one.

I don't do any oly, though I wouldn't disregard it for the future but right now it's mostly the big compounds. Since Rogue is always out of stock in the EU, I've shortlisted a few bars but have no idea which one to go to, mainly with the shaft diameter. I know 28 and 28.5 is what's used for Oly and 29 for Powerlifting but will it really make that much of a difference?

Here's a couple I've selected:

perfectgymsolutions.com/product/york-barbell-7ft-mens-elite-olympic-training-bar/ - York Barbell 28.5MM Mens Elite Olympic Training Bar

thegymrevolution.co.uk/index.php/atx-hybrid-power-bar.html -
    ATX 28.5MM Hybrid Power Bar (Chrome, with Centre Knurl)

extremefitness.co.uk/the-bareknuckle-20kg-bar - EX Bareknuckle 28MM Bar

extremefitness.co.uk/the-silverback-power-barbell - EX Silverback 29MM Bar

Thanks and apologies for yet another one of these threads!

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Where are you based in the UK?, my choice would be the ATX.

PM sent.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've an ATX Comp and am very happy with it.

Not sure about the one you mention though...

would probably go for the Silverback out of that list
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Sptz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    I've an ATX Comp and am very happy with it.

Not sure about the one you mention though...

would probably go for the Silverback out of that list
    I'd be keen on almost any of those ATX, even the ceratoke ones. Extreme fitness has excellent reviews on trustpilot and on some barbells on their website but I can't find any actual reviews externally on any of those barbells which makes me a bit weary of it, though they do look really good.

I guess my question also would be, will 28mm / 28.5 / 29mm really make that MUCH of a difference if I'm not doing any oly?
    Last edited by Sptz; 08-11-2020 at 08:33 AM.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sptz View Post
    I'd be keen on almost any of those ATX, even the ceratoke ones. Extreme fitness has excellent reviews on trustpilot and on some barbells on their website but I can't find any actual reviews externally on any of those barbells which makes me a bit weary of it, though they do look really good.

I guess my question also would be, will 28mm / 28.5 / 29mm really make that MUCH of a difference if I'm not doing any oly?
    That wouldn't much, but how much spin you have and centre knurl is fairly big IMO
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee