WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)

FID bench that's also a decent prone leg curl machine?

As much as I'd like to get a dedicated leg curl, leg extension machine, I just can't make it work in my already packed garage gym. So I'm stuck using the leg attachment for my FID bench. But it probably goes without saying that it leaves a lot to be desired. But maybe some manufacturer out there has made a FID bench where the leg attachment isn't just an after thought and I just don't know about it.

Can anybody recommend a FID bench that has a leg curl attachment that will turn it into a prone leg curl machine that doesn't suck?

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not aware of a single FID bench that has a decent leg extension/curl attachment. The closest would probably be that big Body Solid FID bench (I forget the model number).

What about alternatives, like Sissy Squats for quads and Natural GHR's or Swiss Ball Curls for hams? It's just a thought...
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    As much as I'd like to get a dedicated leg curl, leg extension machine, I just can't make it work in my already packed garage gym. So I'm stuck using the leg attachment for my FID bench. But it probably goes without saying that it leaves a lot to be desired. But maybe some manufacturer out there has made a FID bench where the leg attachment isn't just an after thought and I just don't know about it.

Can anybody recommend a FID bench that has a leg curl attachment that will turn it into a prone leg curl machine that doesn't suck?
    Ironmaster is fairly decent. Their bench is solid and what I liked about the leg attachment was the ability to do both Leg Ext and Curls without any adjustments. Downside was the leg extension the bench was flat, so no back support.

I have a HOIST Light Commercial FID and the attachment is better than others I've used, but still not great. Leg extensions I have to add a pad to the seat to get in the right position, and leg curls a band or chain is almost required for the right strength curve as it bottoms out HARD at the top.

I think no matter what, they are all just going to be varying shades of OK to garbage.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Somehow I have 3 of those. I have Powertec, BodySolid and Northern Light. They kind of all are about the same except the NL has nicer bearings. I alternate them around along with the Body Solid seated leg curl/ext that nobody seems to like. You get used to what you have. I do not have room for commercial stuff.

Don't you have the one from NYBB? It probably is the same as all the others.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll preface this by saying bench leg extension/curl attachments are not the best. But I'm not sure I have ever used a better one than the Ironmaster Pro, and it makes for a pretty awesome FID bench to have as well. The bench is also at an angled position for ham curls which makes it one of the better ones that I have used, the attachment has definitely it's grown on me quite a bit this past year.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll chime in with my thoughts. I own bodysolids gfid 71 and the leg curl leg extension is a selectable option. I got the official bodysolid attachment and it is workable, but imo all weight plate on a horn setups will sort of suck at the top of the movement, due to how the weight is loaded. Top of movement the lever arm is basically neutral and you go too far and the apparatus falls into your butt. My remedy is to do the movement one leg at a time with my other leg bent up towards my butt to block the leg curl from hitting me in the ass. This method works well enough, and I think will be necessary with ANY prone leg curl that loads this way.

Nowadays I mostly use my GHR for a similar move. I also have a TUFFSTUFF multigym (atx-3 i believe) with a seated leg curl that's cable driven and I use it about as much as my prone bodysolid attachment. As far as cost goes I think the add on with a fid bench is the most cost effective and versatile option. I liked the idea of the cam driven seated leg extension/leg curl that bodysolid makes, but all here who own it aren't super fond of how it actually works (but it would be a solution to hitting yourself in the ass).
    Last edited by Cpl.Girthington; 08-12-2020 at 07:45 AM.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very good points on the range of motion for these machines, especially for hamstring curls where you start to lose the weight at the top. Bands help, but they require setup and more often than not I find myself annoyed with anything that requires more than a minute to setup. I'll say for the IM attachment that they are very effective for my intended use, using a more limited range of motion and for higher volume work (burnout after heavy leg session). All-in-All I don't really miss having my dedicated Nautilus extension/curl machines, my attachment gets the job done while saving space.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I also use the ironmaster leg curl/extension attachment. Done normally lying for curls and seated for extensions, works great. But I still haven't figured out how to comfortably do standing leg curls, because I really want the better activation from them vs laying down where part of the movement I don't feel anything at all. I want it more vertical so the pull of gravity makes it harder. If you have a chair next to you, you can grab it to balance yourself and kinda lean sideways out of the way, but it's still hard to avoid the top leg from bonking you. My other idea is to use my weight pin, buy an ankle strap, load it with the weight, and do em freestanding that way while holding onto something to brace with. Would be a heck of a lot easier and cheaper than getting a machine specifically for this, and I avoid machines anyway for the most part. Would also work to do freeweight style leg extensions, among other exercises held back by stability or limb limitations.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261