Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User GoldenEraMuscle's Avatar
    GoldenEraMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Your Favourite Exercise to Build Your.....

Chest....

Lats....

Shoulders....

Upper Back....

Triceps....

Biceps....

Rear/Side Delts....

Quads....

Posterior Chain....

What are your personal go-to favourites?
    Im curious, copy and fill in the blanks

Registered User GoldenEraMuscle's Avatar
    GoldenEraMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chest.... Low Incline Hammer Strength

Lats.... Lat Pulldowns

Shoulders.... The Classic Overhead Press

Upper Back.... Chest Supported T-Bar Rows

Triceps.... Laying Dumbbell Extensions

Biceps.... Kinda Cheaty Dumbbell Curls

Rear/Side Delts.... Rope Face Pulls on a Seated Cable Row

Quads.... Hack Squats

Posterior Chain.... Weighted Hip Hinges on a 45 Degree Back Extention Bench

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Chest.... barbell guillotine bench press

Lats.... pullups - both wide and neutral grip

Shoulders.... Cable laterals

Upper Back.... Close grip cable rows

Triceps.... Mostly just do pressing but sometimes do overhead extensions with a cable

Biceps.... Cable curl

Rear/Side Delts.... Cable laterals

Quads.... Barbell back squat (high bar)

Posterior Chain.... Romanian Deadlift - but may be converting to SLDL

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GoldenEraMuscle View Post
    Chest.... Bench, possibly reverse grip

Lats.... chins

Shoulders.... strict press or dB press

Upper Back.... any sort of row, varies

Triceps.... bench

Biceps.... maybe a bayesian curl

Rear/Side Delts.... face pulls

Quads.... squat

Posterior Chain.... sumo deadlift

Answers
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chest.... Conventional Bench Press

Lats.... Lat Pulldown

Shoulders.... Seated DB Press

Upper Back.... Seated Row

Triceps.... Dips

Biceps.... Barbell Curl

Rear/Side Delts.... Facepulls

Quads.... Hack Squats

Posterior Chain.... Conventional Deadlifts

ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Chest....Bench press or Spoto press

Lats....Chins

Shoulders....Overhead press

Upper Back....Pendlay row

Triceps....Skullcrushers

Biceps....Curls

Rear/Side Delts....Rows for rear, I don't train side

Quads....Squat

Posterior Chain....Conv. DL
    Currently cutting: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1616872851&viewfull=1#post1616872851

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Chest.... low incline DB or reverse band smith

Lats.... Nautilus plate loaded lat pulldown

Shoulders.... high incline DB press (but really, lying cuff laterals)

Upper Back.... chest supported tbar row

Triceps.... weighted dips

Biceps.... single arm DB preacher

Rear/Side Delts.... reverse pec dec / lying cuff laterals

Quads.... reverse band hack squat

Posterior Chain.... RDL
    Last edited by jk202; 08-10-2020 at 02:37 AM.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Breaking the flow a bit but i'm gonna list my favorites for all muscle groups head to toe:

Traps - hang clean
    Neck - neck extensions/flexions
    Delts - scott press to y-press
    Chest - underhand benchpress
    Back - wide grip bent rows
    Triceps - tricep dips
    Biceps - chinups
    Forearms - towel/rope pullups
    Abs - ab rollouts
    Glutes - hip thrusts
    Quads - barbell hack squats
    Hamstrings - conventional deadlift
    Tibialis - farmer's walks on heels
    Calves - farmer's walks on toes
    Last edited by TheShadowMan; 08-10-2020 at 03:00 AM.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GoldenEraMuscle View Post
    Chest....

Lats....

Shoulders....

Upper Back....

Triceps....

Biceps....

Rear/Side Delts....

Quads....

Posterior Chain....

Chest - barbell bench press
    Overall back - barbell bent over rows
    Lats - cluse hammer grip cable pulldowns
    Tris - one arm dumbell skullcrusher
    Bis - one arm dumbell curl
    Rear delts - machine reverse flyes
    Quads - barbell squats
    Hams - Romanian deadlfits
    Calves - calf raises on the leg press
    Shoulders - one hand dumbell lateral raises
    Abs - dragon flags
    Traps - wide grip deadlifts

Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Chest - Flat barbell bench press

Lats - Pull-ups (weighted when I can)

Shoulders - Standing barbell press

Upper back - pendlay row or 1-arm DB row for high reps

Triceps - lying tricep extensions with ez curl bar

Biceps - barbell curls with slight cheat

Rear/side delts - I feel delts get alot of work from pressing and pulling but for more specific work for the rear and side heads I’d usually opt for face pulls or reverse DB flys. Very occasionally I’ll do laterals. Used to like wide grip upright rows but have heard too many people say they’re bad for your rotator cuffs

Quads - barbell high bar squats. Lately I’ve been experimenting with safety bar front squats, still trying to figure out a comfortable position on these but will soon find out if they’re worth doing. Normal front squats are decent but I often find my back fatigues before my quads. Great for abs too.

Posterior chain - deficit deadlifts. I also like Good Mornings for hamstring mass and as an assistance exercise to the squat and deadlift.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ironface View Post
    Chest - Flat barbell bench press

Lats - Pull-ups (weighted when I can)

Shoulders - Standing barbell press

Upper back - pendlay row or 1-arm DB row for high reps

Triceps - lying tricep extensions with ez curl bar

Biceps - barbell curls with slight cheat

Rear/side delts - I feel delts get alot of work from pressing and pulling but for more specific work for the rear and side heads I’d usually opt for face pulls or reverse DB flys. Very occasionally I’ll do laterals. Used to like wide grip upright rows but have heard too many people say they’re bad for your rotator cuffs

Quads - barbell high bar squats. Lately I’ve been experimenting with safety bar front squats, still trying to figure out a comfortable position on these but will soon find out if they’re worth doing. Normal front squats are decent but I often find my back fatigues before my quads. Great for abs too.

Posterior chain - deficit deadlifts. I also like Good Mornings for hamstring mass and as an assistance exercise to the squat and deadlift.
    ssb fronts? Was regular ssb not challenging enough? Lol
    5 day full body crew

Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000) Ironface is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    ssb fronts? Was regular ssb not challenging enough? Lol
    At the risk of sounding like a bro....I want to blast the hell out of my quads. Lol
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *No fap crew*

At the risk of sounding like a bro....I want to blast the hell out of my quads. Lol
    Honestly I think regular ssb or high bar will be far more productive for that than any front loaded.
    Anything front loaded is going to be much more upper back limited
    5 day full body crew

EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Chest.... Flat Barbell Bench Press

Lats.... Lat Pulldown

Shoulders.... Dumbbell Lateral Raise

Upper Back.... Bent Over Rows

Triceps.... Cable Pulldown or dips (I lack tricep isolation in my routine)

Biceps.... Barbell curl

Rear/Side Delts.... Don't isolate rear delts; they make a clicking noise which is concerning; so DL, and then lateral raises for the medial head

Quads.... Squats (I don't train this enough though)

Posterior Chain.... (Deadlift)
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 475

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Chest....dips

Lats....Chest supported row machine 1-arm at a time. Plate-loaded pullovers as pre-exhaust.

Shoulders....Seated DB or standing BB press

Upper Back....rows take care of this as well. Reverse planks on off days.

Triceps....also dips

Biceps....DB curls

Rear/Side Delts....also rows. Lateral raises as pre-exhaust before presses. Reverse planks on off days.

Quads....Hack squat. Leg extensions as pre-exhaust.

Posterior Chain....Hack squats (for the glutes) and a combo of back extensions and leg curls.
    Reverse planks on off days.

Is my love for reverse planks apparent yet?
    Last edited by BeginnerGainz; 08-12-2020 at 03:48 PM.

AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chest....bench press

Lats....barbell rows

Shoulders....Arnold presses

Upper Back....lat pulldowns

Triceps....dips

Biceps....barbell bicep curls

Rear/Side Delts....seated dumbbell rear delt flys

Quads....squats

Posterior Chain....squats

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Honestly I think regular ssb or high bar will be far more productive for that than any front loaded.
    Seconded

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Seconded
    Noted. Still going to experiment with this - the idea of using the SSB was to hopefully alleviate the issue of upper back fatigue, although we won't know until I try challenging weight with it. Right now though I'm focusing more on box squats, so will probably start incorporating light SSB fronts either on a rest day or on upper day just to feel it out and gradually start slowly incorporating them into my lower day. Repped both of you (Wolf I'm on spread sowie)
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *No fap crew*

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Chest.... Flat DB bench

Lats.... Wide grip pullups

Shoulders.... Barbell OHP

Upper Back.... Wide grip BB rows

Triceps.... Dips

Biceps.... standing DB curls

Rear/Side Delts.... rear delt cable flies

Quads.... High bar back squat

Posterior Chain.... Standard deadlift although since I can no longer do these heavy, RDL

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Noted. Still going to experiment with this - the idea of using the SSB was to hopefully alleviate the issue of upper back fatigue, although we won't know until I try challenging weight with it. Right now though I'm focusing more on box squats, so will probably start incorporating light SSB fronts either on a rest day or on upper day just to feel it out and gradually start slowly incorporating them into my lower day. Repped both of you (Wolf I'm on spread sowie)
    You try them regular way with some heel elevation? You can stay pretty upright and pretty damn close to a front squat (depending on the bar) without the extreme upper back demand
    Last edited by jk202; 08-11-2020 at 03:44 AM.

Originally Posted by jk202 View Post
    You try them regular way with some heel elevation? You can stay pretty upright and pretty damn close to a front squat (depending on the bar) without the extreme upper back demand
    You mean regular SSB squats with a plate under the heels?
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *No fap crew*

You mean regular SSB squats with a plate under the heels?
    yeah or something like the Prime wedges

Hammersia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hammersia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hammersia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hammersia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hammersia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hammersia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hammersia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hammersia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hammersia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hammersia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hammersia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lol at spending money on wedges

All the gear, no idea
    Lifetime Natty

Veteran Warrior of the Iron Game

Platz squat with an ssb? that's just evil...

I want to try it now
    5 day full body crew

Originally Posted by Hammersia View Post
    Lol at spending money on wedges

All the gear, no idea
    Yeah my quads are garbage

https://imgur.com/a/gSJhJpp

Platz squat with an ssb? that's just evil...

I want to try it now
    Still pretty much a normal stance, just lets you keep it a bit more quad biased.

Total pain in the ass, and I've only done it 2-3x, but SSB with reverse bands is about as perfect of a quad builder you can get with a free weight squat imo. Still prefer hacks for pure output with the added bracing, but these are a solid kick in the dick through the entire concentric

https://imgur.com/a/OwutMTl

Interesting idea, gonna look into this
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *No fap crew*

Still pretty much a normal stance, just lets you keep it a bit more quad biased.

Total pain in the ass, and I've only done it 2-3x, but SSB with reverse bands is about as perfect of a quad builder you can get with a free weight squat imo. Still prefer hacks for pure output with the added bracing, but these are a solid kick in the dick through the entire concentric

Look good. I'm down to just a power bar and rack for a while, got a peaking block next so doesn't matter. But after that I'll be running my own concurrent hup-strength cycle and need a good quad hit for my hypertrophy squat

There's a chance I'll have an ssb by then though, 2 months away
    5 day full body crew

I pretty much replaced regular squats with hack squats. Turns out, my back was doing most of my lifting with squats, as hack squats cause one mother of a leg burn, with less weight to boot. I use my regular squat stance with them.

Look good. I'm down to just a power bar and rack for a while, got a peaking block next so doesn't matter. But after that I'll be running my own concurrent hup-strength cycle and need a good quad hit for my hypertrophy squat

There's a chance I'll have an ssb by then though, 2 months away
    If I may make a suggestion, I got a Titan fitness SSB V2, and I can’t say enough good things about it. $215 at my door.

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post

If I may make a suggestion, I got a Titan fitness SSB V2, and I can’t say enough good things about it. $215 at my door.

Cheers, but U.K haha. Likely be a strength shop one, have used before and it's good.
    5 day full body crew