Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Einhander12 View Post
    As for free weights, the barbells hurt me. They used to not hurt when I was younger, I don’t know why. I’m planning on getting dumbbells and working my way up.
    You have to contort yourself to barbells. An example lesson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI

You will have to do the some of those barbell tricks with lever machines.

They didn't hurt before because you were less hunched over (or some other physical shortcoming caused by modern lifestyles which require a lot of sitting) You need to build back muscles first to make sure shoulders stay in position and don't hurt.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Einhander12 View Post
    I'm not trying to put on a ''ton'' of muscle
    Good call, don't want to end up looking like one of these guys who can't scratch their own backs.

Attached Images

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    Bowflex is great for people that want to get ripped but don't want to get too big.

/s
    I hate it when I get too big by accident. Then I have to take months of to shrink back down to look like a pro athlete instead of a Mr Universe contestant. What a PITA.

Serious answer: you can likely mimic a Bowflex with bands. Get a power rack and some bands. Then you'll have the best of both worlds. Tie off the bands to the rack and work away
    Last edited by RGrizzzz; 08-11-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||