Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

About to get the leverage machine. Assure me that this is better than Bowflex

I really do like Powertec. I had a bench press machine from PowerTec in the past and miss it. I remember doing back rows and shrugs on it too. The really cool thing about the recommended leverage machine is that it can not only do the bench press, but it can do squats, back rows, deadlifts and even pulldowns and cable work. I'm quite impressed. I really think I'm going to order one, I just need to make sure that it's the right choice. I'm 99 percent sure.

1 to 2 weeks ago I was dead set on getting a Bowflex. I hadn't considered a leverage machine. The thing that appealed to me was the low impact rods and the chest presses and flys. The only downside with the Leverage machine is that you can't do cable flys or cable chest presses. Those exercises feel pretty good (in terms of smoothness) and you get a good stretch. I know that I'll benefit from all the back work on the Leverage Machine, especially the Pull downs too. And the legs and arms as well.

I don't have joint pain in general, but I remember that doing barbell bench presses at the gym the last several years was no good for me at times and a lot of it depended on the position I slept. So I thought maybe the Bowflex would be easy. 20 minutes a day, 3 times a week, easy and low impact to tone you up. And of course some of that is not true, that's just advertising. Toning up is more about body fat and not doing cable exercises.

Am I really missing out that much on the cable flys? I ordered some bands. Maybe that will help me with my accessory work.

I got to admit the Bowflex does ''look'' cool and I always remembered loving the ads. I just want some assurance that I'm making the right choice by going with the Leverage Gym instead of the Bowflex. I know that the Bowflex won't offer me the same quality for most muscle groups, but I do like the look of the accessory exercises.

I'm not trying to put on a ''ton'' of muscle as I'm naturally a stocky guy with wide shoulders. And I bike a lot as well, so I wouldn't want to bulk up excessively. It's more about just building a healthy amount and maintaining for the long run. That's one of the reasons why I was drawn to Bowflex. You didn't see any Ronny Coleman's. But I have to keep on reminding myself that toning is a myth. You really do have to use resistance.

Now as far as the chest and shoulder work on the Leverage Gym, I'm not sure how it will feel for me. I would think it wouldn't be terrible, but I shouldn't start going super heavy out on it. I know that for every other muscle group (Legs, Back, Biceps, Triceps, Traps, Calves, I will love the machine.

Functional Trainers were recommended for me as well, but I'm just not really interested. I like using them at the gym as accessory work and will continue to use them once we are back to normal and can go back. I'm hoping that the Leverage Machine plus dumbbells and some bands will be enough for me.

I think it was the rods of the Bowflex that appealed to me. I believe on their website it says the secret is through building muscle without inertia and it's highly patented technology through rods. If you have had a Bowflex, let me know how there's nothing special about their patented technology. For some reason, the machine does LOOK good. I think I tried it at the store once and it felt kind of weird. I just hope that by not getting it I'm not missing out on something special. The funny thing is my friend has one and he says he loves it, but I don't think he knows how to use it lol.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Einhander12 View Post
    I really think I'm going to order one, I just need to make sure that it's the right choice. I'm 99 percent sure.
    I'd suggest posting 2-3 more threads first. You don't want to jump into anything that might not be 100% perfect, especially when you could have had a Bowflex.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What actual machine are you considering?

Workbench levergym? They have a fly attachment that will work with that.

Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    What actual machine are you considering?

Workbench levergym? They have a fly attachment that will work with that.

Yea the fly attachment looks good. It’s not a cable though but probably does the trick.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am trying to convince my brother in law to get one of these. Is that the one you want?
    Attached Images

I am trying to convince my brother in law to get one of these. Is that the one you want?
    Yup.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am trying to convince my brother in law to get one of these.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it's good enough for Lee Priest, it's good enough for me
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The machines have a pretty good reputation overall. Definitely better than a bowflex.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd get the Powertec for sure.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I really do like Powertec. I had a bench press machine from PowerTec in the past and miss it. I remember doing back rows and shrugs on it too. The really cool thing about the recommended leverage machine is that it can not only do the bench press, but it can do squats, back rows, deadlifts and even pulldowns and cable work. I'm quite impressed. I really think I'm going to order one, I just need to make sure that it's the right choice. I'm 99 percent sure.

1 to 2 weeks ago I was dead set on getting a Bowflex. I hadn't considered a leverage machine. The thing that appealed to me was the low impact rods and the chest presses and flys. The only downside with the Leverage machine is that you can't do cable flys or cable chest presses. Those exercises feel pretty good (in terms of smoothness) and you get a good stretch. I know that I'll benefit from all the back work on the Leverage Machine, especially the Pull downs too. And the legs and arms as well.

I don't have joint pain in general, but I remember that doing barbell bench presses at the gym the last several years was no good for me at times and a lot of it depended on the position I slept. So I thought maybe the Bowflex would be easy. 20 minutes a day, 3 times a week, easy and low impact to tone you up. And of course some of that is not true, that's just advertising. Toning up is more about body fat and not doing cable exercises.

Am I really missing out that much on the cable flys? I ordered some bands. Maybe that will help me with my accessory work.

I got to admit the Bowflex does ''look'' cool and I always remembered loving the ads. I just want some assurance that I'm making the right choice by going with the Leverage Gym instead of the Bowflex. I know that the Bowflex won't offer me the same quality for most muscle groups, but I do like the look of the accessory exercises.

I'm not trying to put on a ''ton'' of muscle as I'm naturally a stocky guy with wide shoulders. And I bike a lot as well, so I wouldn't want to bulk up excessively. It's more about just building a healthy amount and maintaining for the long run. That's one of the reasons why I was drawn to Bowflex. You didn't see any Ronny Coleman's. But I have to keep on reminding myself that toning is a myth. You really do have to use resistance.

Now as far as the chest and shoulder work on the Leverage Gym, I'm not sure how it will feel for me. I would think it wouldn't be terrible, but I shouldn't start going super heavy out on it. I know that for every other muscle group (Legs, Back, Biceps, Triceps, Traps, Calves, I will love the machine.

Functional Trainers were recommended for me as well, but I'm just not really interested. I like using them at the gym as accessory work and will continue to use them once we are back to normal and can go back. I'm hoping that the Leverage Machine plus dumbbells and some bands will be enough for me.

I think it was the rods of the Bowflex that appealed to me. I believe on their website it says the secret is through building muscle without inertia and it's highly patented technology through rods. If you have had a Bowflex, let me know how there's nothing special about their patented technology. For some reason, the machine does LOOK good. I think I tried it at the store once and it felt kind of weird. I just hope that by not getting it I'm not missing out on something special. The funny thing is my friend has one and he says he loves it, but I don't think he knows how to use it lol.
    A lot of the reasons that you mention in favor of Bowflex are the influence of your consumption of their fraudulent marketing. It simply doesn't do anything to give results either way. It does not offer enough resistance to do anything for you. The "toned" versus "buff" stuff is all nonsense. Getting a lean physique is fairly simple. To get a lean low body fat state you need to most importantly reduce your overall calories, and secondly increase the amount of exercise you do. As far as exercise, you can increase your amount of muscle using resistance training, generally easiest to do this with heavy weights, and that raises the amount of calories you need to maintain that muscle (increased BMR - Basal Metabolic Rate), you can perform exercise that simply requires a lot of calories to complete (such as long duration cardio), or you can perform extremely rigorous HIIT exercises that cause calorie consumption after they are completed (EPOC). Bowflex doesn't require much calories to perform so it isn't going to make you leaner. Unlike a treadmill, rower, elliptical, or a bicycle, you aren't going to be using a bowflex for an hour or more straight of uninterrupted exercise. And it isn't heavy enough resistance to increase your muscle mass and therefore raise your basal metabolic rate to maintain said muscle mass, nor is it rigorous enough to create a state of EPOC (excess post exercise oxygen consumption) like you would have from doing HIIT. A pair of quality adjustable dumbbells (ironmaster or powerblock... not bowflex), a bench, and a cardio machine of your choice (whichever style cardio you enjoy doing for a few hours per week) would be a good way to go. The powertec leverage machine would be good if the machine's angles suit your body's personal geometry. You might want some form of cardio as well, its good for you.
    Last edited by ampire; 08-10-2020 at 09:14 AM.

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    FYI!
    Shake weight > leverage gym > bowflex
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    FYI!
    Shake weight > leverage gym > bowflex
    Tug Toner > than all.

Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    A lot of the reasons that you mention in favor of Bowflex are the influence of your consumption of their fraudulent marketing. It simply doesn't do anything to give results either way. It does not offer enough resistance to do anything for you. The "toned" versus "buff" stuff is all nonsense. Getting a lean physique is fairly simple. To get a lean low body fat state you need to most importantly reduce your overall calories, and secondly increase the amount of exercise you do. As far as exercise, you can increase your amount of muscle using resistance training, generally easiest to do this with heavy weights, and that raises the amount of calories you need to maintain that muscle (increased BMR - Basal Metabolic Rate), you can perform exercise that simply requires a lot of calories to complete (such as long duration cardio), or you can perform extremely rigorous HIIT exercises that cause calorie consumption after they are completed (EPOC). Bowflex doesn't require much calories to perform so it isn't going to make you leaner. Unlike a treadmill, rower, elliptical, or a bicycle, you aren't going to be using a bowflex for an hour or more straight of uninterrupted exercise. And it isn't heavy enough resistance to increase your muscle mass and therefore raise your basal metabolic rate to maintain said muscle mass, nor is it rigorous enough to create a state of EPOC (excess post exercise oxygen consumption) like you would have from doing HIIT. A pair of quality adjustable dumbbells (ironmaster or powerblock... not bowflex), a bench, and a cardio machine of your choice (whichever style cardio you enjoy doing for a few hours per week) would be a good way to go. The powertec leverage machine would be good if the machine's angles suit your body's personal geometry. You might want some form of cardio as well, its good for you.

Yea that's some good truth. Would you say that the Bowflex is really easy on the joints and provides resistance throughout the whole entire range of motion? That's what their claim is, they say it gets even harder where it's supposed to be easier and you can't cheat. I saw one video where this incredibly strong guy built like a lineman was struggling to do a basic chest press and started sweating due to all the balancing and stabilizing. I don't know how real that was though, it could have just been an act.

I think the thing that looks appealing is that the Bowflex looks fun and easy, but super challenging. Although that could just be the models putting on a show making it look tough.

What about for someone that is a runner or cyclist? Would you recommend a Bowflex for them since they don't want to put on serious size?

I think that people will do what they love more often than something they don't love. I'm thinking that Bowflex could be better than nothing for some people. But I wonder how much they enjoy using it. In the videos they seem to love it, but it could be an act.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yea that's some good truth. Would you say that the Bowflex is really easy on the joints and provides resistance throughout the whole entire range of motion? That's what their claim is, they say it gets even harder where it's supposed to be easier and you can't cheat. I saw one video where this incredibly strong guy built like a lineman was struggling to do a basic chest press and started sweating due to all the balancing and stabilizing. I don't know how real that was though, it could have just been an act.

I think the thing that looks appealing is that the Bowflex looks fun and easy, but super challenging. Although that could just be the models putting on a show making it look tough.

What about for someone that is a runner or cyclist? Would you recommend a Bowflex for them since they don't want to put on serious size?

I think that people will do what they love more often than something they don't love. I'm thinking that Bowflex could be better than nothing for some people. But I wonder how much they enjoy using it. In the videos they seem to love it, but it could be an act.
    I work in marketing and I wish everyone was like you. Not a single person on this forum has recommended Bowflex in any of your threads, yet you continue to hold out hope that it's the best solution. I now wholeheartedly recommend Bowflex to you. Give it a try and report back your results in a few months.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it's fitness related and can be described as 'fun and easy', that should be your red flag that it's nothing more than a clever marketing scheme. I'll 100% guarantee you that EVERY fitness model they use has built their amazing looking physiques in a typical gym setting with FREE WEIGHTS. If you want results, REAL results and not that magical unicorn fairy dust bullsh!t they are peddling, then get yourself a real setup and stop looking for the easy way out. That includes a rack, bench ,and 300lb weight set. If you are only semi-serious about being healthy and want something 'Dummy' proof, then the leverage machines are the next best thing. Hopefully a leverage gym would be your gateway drug into buying a real setup and making true progress.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I work in marketing and I wish everyone was like you. Not a single person on this forum has recommended Bowflex in any of your threads, yet you continue to hold out hope that it's the best solution. I now wholeheartedly recommend Bowflex to you. Give it a try and report back your results in a few months.
    100% agree, this is what it looks like when you are searching for ONE person to justify a purchase that you already know isn't smart haha.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Well I’m probably not getting it. There’s just something about it that looks engineering and I’m wondering if it’s great for your joints.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well I’m probably not getting it. There’s just something about it that looks engineering and I’m wondering if it’s great for your joints.
    I'm pretty sure someone already said it wasn't good for your joints. Regardless, if your joints are in that bad of shape, I'd recommend checking with your doctor before lifting weights and/or strenuous exercise.

IMHO there is ONE universal truth to health and fitness, and that is the theory of progressive overload. Whether its lifting, running , swimming, or extreme weather crocheting. You NEED to increase your volume/capacity to continue making progress and achieve your desired results. First question I'd ask you to think about when considering a Bowflex machine would be: Are you getting stronger, or are the rods getting weaker? No matter how many times you pick up a 45lb plate it's still going to weight 45lbs at the end of the day.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This has been covered ad nauseam. Junk. Period. The end. If you really want one though, just buy it. There are tons of them on ******** Marketplace. Prior to March, they were all free because of how worthless they truly are.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

When I was younger, I remember seeing a buddy's tiny 18 year old girlfriend max out the bowflex machine at the mall. They don't offer enough resistance to do anything for anybody. The videos are fake.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bowflex is great for people that want to get ripped but don't want to get too big.

/s
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    Bowflex is great for people that want to get ripped but don't want to get too big.

/s
    LOL

A serious answer for someone looking for those exact goals might be a Concept 2, but that would actually involve some strenuous exercise, maybe that's why it is effective?

Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    /s

Do you think there is truth that it’s good for sculpting but not bulking?

No. This was also answered above. Go read ampire's post.

Yes, it's well known that you'll get ripped but not bulky. That's why we don't like it, everyone here wants to get HUGE and don't like that small but ripped look.

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    If it's fitness related and can be described as 'fun and easy', that should be your red flag that it's nothing more than a clever marketing scheme. I'll 100% guarantee you that EVERY fitness model they use has built their amazing looking physiques in a typical gym setting with FREE WEIGHTS. If you want results, REAL results and not that magical unicorn fairy dust bullsh!t they are peddling, then get yourself a real setup and stop looking for the easy way out. That includes a rack, bench ,and 300lb weight set. If you are only semi-serious about being healthy and want something 'Dummy' proof, then the leverage machines are the next best thing. Hopefully a leverage gym would be your gateway drug into buying a real setup and making true progress.

100% agree, this is what it looks like when you are searching for ONE person to justify a purchase that you already know isn't smart haha.

I’m not disagreeing with your science, just trying to see if we’re missing something. For instance running is better than cycling or an elliptical but not everyone likes to run so they do things a bit easier on their body. I’m just wondering if Bowflex is good for getting back into weight lifting because it’s easier on the joints. I’m just wondering if there’s any truth.

I know for a fact I can’t do Heavy behind the neck barbell presses like Rocky. It would really hurt my shoulders. I know I can do a chest fly on the Bowflex and I can tell that you have to really stabilize the rods. But that’s really the only thing that appeals to me.

As for free weights, the barbells hurt me. They used to not hurt when I was younger, I don’t know why. I’m planning on getting dumbbells and working my way up.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For instance running is better than cycling or an elliptical
    Better for what? I think you need to flush your preconceived notions and start over, you seem to "know" too many things.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Be careful with Bowflex if you just want to be "toned" (whatever that means).

I accidentally walked too close to a Bowflex display at the mall and the next thing I have gained 25lb of muscle.

Anyone suggesting that Bowflex is no good for gaining muscle has obviously never been past the Bowflex display at my local mall.
    Last edited by daniel327; 08-10-2020 at 03:54 PM.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Tug Toner > than all.
    Really helps with stabilizing the rod.