JohnPaulGeorge is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need help to gain muscle

Situation: I've been lifting for about two years. I've only gotten marginally stronger and larger. I kept telling myself that I need to be patient and it will happen and I'll wake up and be satisfied with my gains but I finally realize that I must be doing something wrong. I clearly did not do enough research beforehand and just got into weightlifting blind. That being said I feel like I should have had more progress than I did.

Current Body:
    -5'9"
    -170 lbs.
    -Not fat

Current plan:
    -Bro split
    -Day 1
    Bench 3x8 75% of max
    Bicep curls 12x3
    12x3 half weight slow
    Tricep pulldowns 12x3
    12x3 half weight slow
    Follow along to Thenx Youtube core workouts (let me know which you think is best)

-Day 2
    Squats or deadlifts with shrugs 3x8 75% of max
    Back pulls 75% of max
    Follow along to Thenx Youtube core workouts

-Working out almost every day. I heard Chris Hemsworth did this for Thor.
    -Trying to get 200 grams protein a day
    -Avoiding carbs except fruit and vegetables
    -Whey
    -Quit creatine
    -Trying not to consumer sodium since I'm trying to get my jaw more chiseled
    -Drink a lot more water now
    -No cardio but plan on getting a speed rope

Problems:
    -For a while I didn't do leg day. My legs are wide from when I used to be a runner and I didn't desire to make them wider. I did not know the connection between leg day and testosterone levels and only desired to o
    -Eating: I drank a protein shake every night but the rest of my diet was just whatever I would find around the house.

Goal: I really like what Zac Efron did with his body for Baywatch. I actually don't care much about strength just looks.

I'm need a new plan because clearly what I've been doing hasn't been working. Any foods and workouts you recommend for my workout. Preferably free workout plans. Any other advise is appreciated. Any supplements that I need?
    Last edited by JohnPaulGeorge; 08-19-2020 at 05:28 PM.

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stop trying to be someone you see on Television or in Movies. They probably were chosen because of their genetics. It's likely they did anabolics.

Find a real program. There are physique programs such as Upper/lower splits that focus on building a physique.

Your program lacks shoulder work, which is one of the big ones for body building. Stop with the arm building, and build mass on your whole body.