BWRT is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Critique my diet plan.

I’m a student and can afford to eat this for around 30 a week. Suggestions and criticisms welcome. It’s definitely not perfect but is it healthy enough?

Meal 1:

- Scrambled eggs or PB toast + Shake (Milk/Oats/Banana/PB) (1500c)
    =================================
    Meal 2:

- Shake (Milk/Oats/Banana/PB) (1000c)
    Meal 3:

- Chicken thighs w seasoning/veg/honey (700c)
    Or
    - Beef burgers w spinach/tomatoes/cheese and sweet potato fries (1000c)
    Or
    - Chicken pasta w cheese/pesto (1000c)
    Meal 4:

- Cereal (Krave) (500c)
    Total calories: 3000-4000 depending on choices.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    throw in some veggies and you should be good

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    totally true, but at least he mentioned calories. judging by the foods he listed, he should be getting his minimum protein and fat requirements

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    4000 calories sounds high. Don't attempt to gain more than about 2lbs a month. Most of the extra will just be fat.

Also, you need to know what your protein and fat amounts are (in grams). I don't see much fruit and veg.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    4000 calories sounds high. Don't attempt to gain more than about 2lbs a month. Most of the extra will just be fat.

Also, you need to know what your protein and fat amounts are (in grams). I don't see much fruit and veg.
    Yeah I’m hitting my macros, if anything I’m going over. I’m also hitting calories but some days I can go over, some days I’ll be eating smaller portions. What fruits and veg could I add on top?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BWRT View Post
    Yeah I’m hitting my macros, if anything I’m going over. I’m also hitting calories but some days I can go over, some days I’ll be eating smaller portions. What fruits and veg could I add on top?
    It's easy to hit minimums with that many calories - but my point is: do you really need that many? Why do you think you need 4k calories?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's easy to hit minimums with that many calories - but my point is: do you really need that many? Why do you think you need 4k calories?
    Not to mention a RANGE of 1000 calories... that's massive
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

No I definitely don’t need that many. I’m saying I’m not too bothered if I hit that mark a few days of the week I’m more interested in filling out rather than maintaining a low body fat, I’m skinny

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No I definitely don’t need that many. I’m saying I’m not too bothered if I hit that mark a few days of the week I’m more interested in filling out rather than maintaining a low body fat, I’m skinny
    5-10" and 160lb or so isn't skinny... that's a perfectly normal weight to be in... there's no need for an aggressive bulk...
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    5-10" and 160lb or so isn't skinny... that's a perfectly normal weight to be in... there's no need for an aggressive bulk...
    Going by the mirror I am mate, could be my frame I’m not sure. I’m not actively looking to get fat, I’m just not fixating on body fat and if I gained a few pounds I’d welcome it because I’ll be more filled out

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try 3000 kcal first. If that doesn't work try 3200. Etc.

You probably don't need 4000.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well if your goal is to just gain weight non-discriminately I think it looks okay. More green vegetables would be a plus as mentioned already.

But I do agree with Suffolk and Adam. 4000cal may be a bit excessive, and varying your caloric goal interrupts a most important concept in my opinion; CONSISTENCY.

What are your goals anyhow?

WeightSwinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeightSwinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeightSwinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeightSwinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeightSwinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeightSwinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeightSwinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeightSwinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I’m a student and can afford to eat this for around 30 a week. Suggestions and criticisms welcome. It’s definitely not perfect but is it healthy enough?

Meal 1:

- Scrambled eggs or PB toast + Shake (Milk/Oats/Banana/PB) (1500c)
    Meal 2:

- Shake (Milk/Oats/Banana/PB) (1000c)
    Meal 3:

- Chicken thighs w seasoning/veg/honey (700c)
    Or
    - Beef burgers w spinach/tomatoes/cheese and sweet potato fries (1000c)
    Or
    - Chicken pasta w cheese/pesto (1000c)
    Meal 4:

- Cereal (Krave) (500c)
    Total calories: 3000-4000 depending on choices.
    I'm really cheap with my groceries I like rice and beans (I think brown rice and black beans are one of the healthiest but not the cheapest). And if makes a complete protein when combined and helps with my micronutrients too.

Vegetables are expensive but I get broccoli still. Sometimes others especially when on sale. If I find fresh veggies, berries etc on a good sale I freeze them.

You got a lot of good budget stuff on your list. Milk, eggs, chicken.

I make my own greek yogurt out of milk in my instant pot (I use emeril lagasse air fryer plus) . I buy low fat cottage cheese and been eating it before bed. Easy protein without adding too much fat or carbs. I don't know how cost effective it is since I just started buying it. Supposively eating before bed is good for you.

Tomato paste is pretty cheap and helps me keep from getting bored.

I avoid nuts too expensive. Can't afford seafood either.

Originally Posted by cljolley View Post
    Well if your goal is to just gain weight non-discriminately I think it looks okay. More green vegetables would be a plus as mentioned already.

But I do agree with Suffolk and Adam. 4000cal may be a bit excessive, and varying your caloric goal interrupts a most important concept in my opinion; CONSISTENCY.

What are your goals anyhow?
    I don’t seem to put on weight on 3000, my weight goes up a few pounds and then back to normal the next day. That’s why I’m aiming for the 3-4000 range. My goals are to fill out, I start Uni next month.

I don’t seem to put on weight on 3000, my weight goes up a few pounds and then back to normal the next day. That’s why I’m aiming for the 3-4000 range. My goals are to fill out, I start Uni next month.
    How long did you try 3000 for? It takes at least 2 weeks to get a meaningful result from a particular calorie level.

cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^ What he said
    [QUOTE=BWRT;1613206491]I don’t seem to put on weight on 3000, my weight goes up a few pounds and then back to normal the next day. That’s why I’m aiming for the 3-4000 range. My goals are to fill out, I start Uni next month.[/QUOTE
    Also, you should be monitoring your weight using a rolling average. Don't just look at the scale and think "Hmm well I gained a couple pounds today." Because that isn't necessarily accurate. Your weight will fluctuate day to day anyhow.

How long did you try 3000 for? It takes at least 2 weeks to get a meaningful result from a particular calorie level.
    Roughly two weeks. 3300 might be the one

Roughly two weeks. 3300 might be the one
    That sounds more reasonable. A fairly active person could have a TDEE of 3000.