Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    lol wut? Keeping a home is not a 24/7 job lmao.
    Loled at that too. Keeping up with basic house-hold chores takes a few hours per day at most. Some days may take a bit more time then others if you have to go grocery shopping or something like that.

But in her mind a woman should sit at home all day and only do like 1-2 hours worth of chores. And the dude should work 8h per day and get home and do a few hours worth of household chores. Lmao.

Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by spazzin View Post
    remote job makes it easier to raise kids while working, for the first couple years u can alternate her parents/your parents to help with the kids
    Not everyone has parents that aren't working jobs themselves. I can't even imagine trying to do my job with a baby or toddler here at home. There's no way I'd get my work done.

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    lol wut? Keeping a home is not a 24/7 job lmao.
    I didn't say that, but that caveman attitude makes me balk. Just because a woman is a stay at home mom doesn't mean she should be your slave. You're a grown man and you can't make your own breakfast or make your family breakfast or lunch on a weekend? Your wife has been up most of the night with your newborn and you expect her to wake up to make your breakfast? Yeah, just lol at that.

Originally Posted by guest89 View Post
    Loled at that too. Keeping up with basic house-hold chores takes a few hours per day at most. Some days may take a bit more time then others if you have to go grocery shopping or something like that.

But in her mind a woman should sit at home all day and only do like 1-2 hours worth of chores. And the dude should work 8h per day and get home and do a few hours worth of household chores. Lmao.
    Please show me where I said that.
    ~ In a world where you can be anything, be kind ~

Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Legz422 View Post
    Not everyone has parents that aren't working jobs themselves. I can't even imagine trying to do my job with a baby or toddler here at home. There's no way I'd get my work done.

I didn't say that, but that caveman attitude makes me balk. Just because a woman is a stay at home mom doesn't mean she should be your slave. You're a grown man and you can't make your own breakfast or make your family breakfast or lunch on a weekend? Your wife has been up most of the night with your newborn and you expect her to wake up to make your breakfast? Yeah, just lol at that.

Your problem is that you are using the words "slaving away". Why is it slaving away exactly? Because she does not get paid in cash?

Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Celsus View Post
    Your problem is that you are using the words "slaving away". Why is it slaving away exactly? Because she does not get paid in cash?
    Sheesh, I was exaggerating but my point still stands. If someone is going to tell their wife that is caring for a newborn 24/7 (because yes, there are newborns that don't sleep all day or happily sit in a bouncy seat all day) that they have to do every single piece of housework, cooking, errands, etc etc then that is expecting a slave and not a partner.

Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sheesh, I was exaggerating but my point still stands. If someone is going to tell their wife that is caring for a newborn 24/7 (because yes, there are newborns that don't sleep all day or happily sit in a bouncy seat all day) that they have to do every single piece of housework, cooking, errands, etc etc then that is expecting a slave and not a partner.
    I don't agree with people who think that if I go to work and my wife stays at home then she has to do everything herself.

But, if I'm on some 90 hour week from hell, she's going to need to do most of the things herself. But we would have talked about my work commitments before ever having a baby. So, I think that the partner communication / expectation is the key to a happy balance in any relationship, with or without kids.

Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Celsus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why are you complicating it, though? Of course no man expect his wife who just had a new born child, to do 100% all of the tasks she usually does when she did not have a newborn child.

I have a friend who works a normal, steady job. 3 kids now. His wife has been a stay at home wife since the beginning, because that's what she wanted and that's how their culture and religion is.

She has never complained and does not mind cooking, cleaning, doing all the stuff a man would want his woman to do while he is working and coming home either tired or not.

She does this because she knows this makes his life better, just like he does stuff for her that makes her life better. Ying and Yang?

Does he come home and just sit there? No, he plays with the kids, kisses his wife, laughs, jokes, eat together, etc.

Edit: She even gets up before him in the morning to cook him breakfast every day for years now, without him ever asking her to do it.

Originally Posted by Anachron View Post
    But that's not what was said either - a newborn is a newborn forever I guess?

What do stay at home moms do after the kid hits 6?
    Of course a newborn is not a newborn forever. Well, I wasn't a stay at home mom when my son hit 6, so not really sure. Once he went to preschool I worked the entire time he was in school. Once I picked him up it was kids actives time/ then as he aged homework time, cooking dinner (which btw usually takes much more than 30 min) serving dinner, eating, cleaning up from dinner, any chores that needed to be done, getting him into bed and then finally being able to sit down and relax at 8-9 pm. While my ex worked 8 hours that day and sat on his ass or did whatever he wanted all night. Tell me how that's fair?

Tell me why he couldn't lift a finger and do the dishes? I'd love to hear the reasons.

Originally Posted by Aristotelian View Post
    I don't agree with people who think that if I go to work and my wife stays at home then she has to do everything herself.

But, if I'm on some 90 hour week from hell, she's going to need to do most of the things herself. But we would have talked about my work commitments before ever having a baby. So, I think that the partner communication / expectation is the key to a happy balance in any relationship, with or without kids.
    Exactly this. I have no problem with pulling my weight and more when there is a partnership and exchange of responsibilities depending on the situation.

3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 3basic5me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this is very true. srs.

in third world countries, all the middle class families have live-in maids plus errand boys, so a lot of chores are taken care of.
    and all the families, rich or not, are relatively big or extended families live together so the women help each out more.
    also, the women are trained in these things from a young age, dealing with younger siblings or cousins, or nieces and nephews.

over here, it's one woman doing everything and it's all new.

made some friends from south africa. they started laughing at how we live here, they said our women are being tortured. all of their household chores are done by domestic workers. it's the same all over africa, middle east, indopak region, etc.

Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This thread is about choosing a SAHW over a career woman. I listed my criteria for what I would expect from a woman if I were to be the sole provider for the house-hold. Your insinuating the basic list of house-hold tasks I listed is a 24/7 job. Its not. I grew up with a SAHM and my sister is a SAHM. They manage to finish all the house-hold chores in just a few hours per day. With plenty of time for recreational activities.

As it is now, I average 55h per week at work and manage to do everything around the house and yard myself. If an unemployed female moves in with me, she isn't a 50/50 partner in the relationship. A 50/50 partner would be someone with a career that splits all of the bills and house-hold chores 50/50.

If a woman isn't capable of making my life easier at home and contributing to the house-hold. Then why should I choose to house her, financially support her and allow her to be part of my life? My life is already established & secure. If someone wants to be part of my life, they have to bring something to the table other then sex. Because I don't need to marry and/or support someone financially for that.

DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanielleGreen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by elterrible987 View Post
    lol at their expenses, those people are retarded. You can literally knock off like 100k expenses a year off that with barely trying.
    Especially with the car payments!
    #DaveRamsey

MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MuscleXtreme has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by guest89 View Post
    The only way I'd consider it is if she was a country girl with family/old school values, who didn't go to college, who appreciates femininity and who believes in being submissive towards her husband. Also she'd have to be fairly young so no baggage or having been run through 50 different chads/tyrones.

But if I'm going to support the entire family the wife had better be willing to cook me breakfast, lunch and supper daily. Do the laundry/dishes/clean the house daily. Take care of the kid(s). Exercise/stay fit. Grocery shop. Pay the bills, etc. Also wouldn't hurt if she grew a small vegetable garden for fresh veggies in the back yard.

If she isn't going to be taking care of all that ^ on a daily basis she isn't fit to be a stay at home wife. I know dudes who's wives stay at home and just shop, talk to their friends on the phone, browse social media, etc. Laundry is piled up on the couch. Kids toys scattered around the house. They just pick up take-out or fast food for dinner because they don't cook, etc. They pretty much just blow money and leach. No thanks Jeff.

Exactly, I look at it as an equal partnership in the above scenario.

The wife is saving $1.2 - $2k per month on day care fees, priceless amount against indoctrination or learned bad behavior, and saving money by preparing meals at home and maintaining the home.

I truly don’t understand those that hold the viewpoint that SAHM aren’t admirable. The work of a SAHM is measured in opportunity costs rather than income producing.