OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Next Routine After Fierce5

I've been doing the Fierce5 routine for about a year or so now. I used it to bulk up, ended up getting fat, and then cut back to my target weight. All using the full body Fierce5 barbell routine. I'm ready to bulk again, and want to focus on hypertrophy now. I want to move on from this routine for now as well and start a program aimed at gaining mass. I keep reading that more volume is needed to optimize hypertrophy. Does anyone have a good go-to routine/program focused on hypertrophy that is a good next step? Maybe one of the Viking Bare Bones routines?

Stats: 30 years old. 5'11, about 165lbs and around 16-18% body fat. I don't mind about getting a bit chubby again since weight is already hard to keep on with boxing.
    Last edited by OralB; 08-08-2020 at 12:11 PM.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OralB View Post
    I've been doing the Fierce5 routine for about a year or so now. I used it to bulk up, ended up just getting fat, and then cut back to my target weight. All using the full body Fierce5 barbell routine. I'm ready to bulk again, and want to focus on hypertrophy now. I want to move on from this routine too for now. I keep reading that more volume is needed to optimize hypertrophy. Does anyone have a good go-to routine/program focused on hypertrophy that is a good next step?
    Are you looking to do full body still or would you want to switch to a ppl or something similar.

OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50) OralB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Are you looking to do full body still or would you want to switch to a ppl or something similar.
    I think either would be great. The full body was convenient for me, though a ppl or any other split would be great too if people recommend it.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think either would be great. The full body was convenient for me, though a ppl or any other split would be great too if people recommend it.
    I like Coolcicada PPL. Maybe give that a look/try?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    A year? A novice routine should be done much sooner than that. How much have your lifts improved? How much in the last month?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    A year? A novice routine should be done much sooner than that. How much have your lifts improved? How much in the last month?
    Agreed. Initially I was adding ~5lbs every week to my lifts for the first couple months, though for the past few months (at least) I haven't been increasing weight at all, and only maintaining what I can currently lift. I'm ready to start adding weight and training more seriously again.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why not just move to the inter upper lower ?

rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    What is the average duration for a novice routine, in your opinion? (If it is even possible to generalise in such a way).

I always read: "As long as you can make linear progress", but that is quite an ambiguous statement, if one wants to make estimates.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by rpedrosb View Post
    What is the average duration for a novice routine, in your opinion? (If it is even possible to generalise in such a way).

I always read: "As long as you can make linear progress", but that is quite an ambiguous statement, if one wants to make estimates.
    In ideal circumstances, about 3 or 4 months I guess.

By ideal, I mean reasonably young, healthy, no injuries or impairments, able to eat enough (i.e. not too fat already), follows planned progression without deviation - perhaps is coached to give required levels of intensity (avoids falling into the traps of either going through the motions or pushing too hard and hitting a wall).

So it's easy to see how that can turn into a much longer period.

Agreed. Initially I was adding ~5lbs every week to my lifts for the first couple months, though for the past few months (at least) I haven't been increasing weight at all, and only maintaining what I can currently lift. I'm ready to start adding weight and training more seriously again.
    So it depends where you got to. Why did you stagnate? Because of cutting? If you still didn't make progress even in a surplus then there is a deeper issue to investigate - probably more volume required.

If you can keep making linear progress, another novice routine would fit the bill. Perhaps one with a little more overall volume than what you were doing previously. The Vikings would be OK.

daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pretty simple.

If you can make weekly gains, stick with the program.

If you can't, and are constantly resetting on the major lifts (while on a caloric surplus), switch to intermediate programming.

Fierce 5 U/L is excellent.

ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by daudi81 View Post
    Pretty simple.

If you can make weekly gains, stick with the program.

If you can't, and are constantly resetting on the major lifts (while on a caloric surplus), switch to intermediate programming.

Fierce 5 U/L is excellent.
    Hi, may i ask how do i check if i still make weekly gain?

Is it by able to increase the weight or rep weekly?

Thanks.