mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Misc critique my deadlift form

I haven't deadlift in 4 months thanks to Covid 19
    and I'm wondering if my deadlift is good or chit because I don't want to snap my chit I want to have perfect form at all times when I'm deadlifting I decided to deadlift 225lbs for 5 reps double overhand it fell very easy to me I fell like I could of got like 6 more reps but my grip was given out
    http://imgur.com/a/VlzGzf1

2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation
    No sig crew

GODself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GODself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GODself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GODself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GODself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GODself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GODself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GODself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GODself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GODself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) GODself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    squat more and keep your chest higher (I bet you are feeling it all on your lower back)

I would increase my feet width a little bit aswell.

mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Straightjkt View Post
    Strong feet width

Looks fine tho
    Thanks for the feedback bro

Originally Posted by GODself View Post
    squat more and keep your chest higher (I bet you are feeling it all on your lower back)

I would increase my feet width a little bit aswell.
    Thanks for the feedback bro I would definitely keep my chest higher and increase my feet width a little bit

TappingTheZen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TappingTheZen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TappingTheZen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TappingTheZen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TappingTheZen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TappingTheZen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TappingTheZen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TappingTheZen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TappingTheZen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TappingTheZen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TappingTheZen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need a slightly wider stance, and you need to point your toes out a little to engage your abductors with the natural tracking of your knees.

You also let your hips rise too fast and almost do a stiff legged deadlift. Your back angle is flat from the very start so you have no hope of engaging all the potential muscle groups that could be used, it should be at more like 45 degrees otherwise you will barely use your posterior chain, you won't pull big weight like this.

So; bring your stance out a bit, try pointing your toes out a little (what feels natural, maybe 30 degrees), start with your ass lower, keep a big chest and try to engage your glues and hamstrings by sitting back into the deadlift, your shoulders should almost start behind the bar, not over it

I'd say the form isn't dangerous as such, but it's poor form in terms of efficiency and is probably hampering your recovery by putting nearly all the load on your lower back, and engaging minimal posterior chain.
    Last edited by TappingTheZen; 08-07-2020 at 05:53 AM.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I generally try and keep my feet closer to shoulder width apart and my arms a little wider.

Your stance and grip seem so narrow that your shoulders are actually hunching inward a little and everything looks a little crowded

78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Post a video that's actually you and I'll be happy to critique it in a constructive manner. Until then, fukk off you fukking donkey.
    Permabulk/bloatlord Crew
    Tradie Crew
    HTC

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That’s actually pretty good form srs. You’re gonna have to use mixed or hook grip or straps eventually though unless you want a twink level posterior chain forever
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    wow your face is shocking, ruined my weekend

Generation X Capitalist GordonXXX's Avatar
    GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OffwhiteBrah View Post
    wow your face is shocking, ruined my weekend
    it's just the Autism.

Originally Posted by TappingTheZen View Post
    You need a slightly wider stance, and you need to point your toes out a little to engage your abductors with the natural tracking of your knees.

You also let your hips rise too fast and almost do a stiff legged deadlift. Your back angle is flat from the very start so you have no hope of engaging all the potential muscle groups that could be used, it should be at more like 45 degrees otherwise you will barely use your posterior chain, you won't pull big weight like this.

So; bring your stance out a bit, try pointing your toes out a little (what feels natural, maybe 30 degrees), start with your ass lower, keep a big chest and try to engage your glues and hamstrings by sitting back into the deadlift, your shoulders should almost start behind the bar, not over it

I'd say the form isn't dangerous as such, but it's poor form in terms of efficiency and is probably hampering your recovery by putting nearly all the load on your lower back, and engaging minimal posterior chain.
    Thank you for the feedback bro yeah I had a feeling my deadlift form was holding me back on deadlifting more I will try to increase my stance width and lower my ass and keep my chest higher.

Originally Posted by Ironface View Post
    That’s actually pretty good form srs. You’re gonna have to use mixed or hook grip or straps eventually though unless you want a twink level posterior chain forever
    I will definitely start using straps because that 225lb deadlift felt very easy to me I fetl like I could of got 6 more reps
    Last edited by mephiles9; 08-07-2020 at 06:22 AM.

DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 78novacaine View Post
    Post a video that's actually you and I'll be happy to critique it in a constructive manner. Until then, fukk off you fukking donkey.
    I was just about to make a post, but I'm not going to waste my time if OP isn't srs.

How do you know it's not him?

edit: oh wait, that's the guy who was critiquing linear periodization in my thread. OP is this really you?

Originally Posted by DrewDarden View Post
    I was just about to make a post, but I'm not going to waste my time if OP isn't srs.

It's me bro dead srs why would I go to all the trouble to use some else is video and photo and also how would I even have access to other people's photos and videos

DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mephiles9 View Post
    It's me bro dead srs why would I go to all the trouble to use some else is video and photo and also how would I even have access to other people's photos and videos
    You may not be interested in my deadlift advice.

But I have been doing it for a long time, been around a whole lot of lifters, and have very good deadlift form myself.

Anyway, you can take it or leave it:

At 225, it's fine, and you're in a safe pulling position throughout. But as the weight increases, you're going to find that you are starting with your hips too high. You're lifting with almost all mid and lower back in the video. Now to accomplish that, you may beed to move your foot stance and hand position out just a little bit.

If you sit down into the pull more, you can incorporate more of your musculature into the lift, namely your hips and legs. Try it like this old fat guy below:

Now obviously you're not built like me, so you're not going to look like me when you deadlift, but surely you can see how I have spread the weight around to multiple muscle groups in that lift?

You may not be interested in my deadlift advice.

But I have been doing it for a long time, been around a whole lot of lifters, and have very good deadlift form myself.

Anyway, you can take it or leave it:

At 225, it's fine, and you're in a safe pulling position throughout. But as the weight increases, you're going to find that you are starting with your hips too high. You're lifting with almost all mid and lower back in the video. Now to accomplish that, you may beed to move your foot stance and hand position out just a little bit.

If you sit down into the pull more, you can incorporate more of your musculature into the lift, namely your hips and legs. Try it like this old fat guy below:

Now obviously you're not built like me, so you're not going to look like me when you deadlift, but surely you can see how I have spread the weight around to multiple muscle groups in that lift?
    Thank you for the feedback I will definitely increase my stance width a bit and sit down into the pull more

78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

edit: oh wait, that's the guy who was critiquing linear periodization in my thread. OP is this really you?
    He posts pictures/videos of the same guy posing/lifting all the time but yet absolutely refuses to post a spoon pic anytime he has been challenged to do so. If it's really him then he has already posted his face numerous times so there would be no valid reason for him to NOT prove it is him.

So I say again to OP, fukk off you fukking donkey.
    Permabulk/bloatlord Crew
    Tradie Crew
    HTC

Generation X Capitalist GordonXXX's Avatar
    GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GordonXXX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 78novacaine View Post
    He posts pictures/videos of the same guy posing/lifting all the time but yet absolutely refuses to post a spoon pic anytime he has been challenged to do so. If it's really him then he has already posted his face numerous times so there would be no valid reason for him to NOT prove it is him.

So I say again to OP, fukk off you fukking donkey.
    i think it's really him. the perpetual Autistic look on his face matches his post history. and who would claim to be that Autistic looking if it wasn't really them?