Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Is it possible to get to a 500lb deadlift @ 135lbs bodyweight

I want to be able to deadlift 500lbs one day for 5 reps and I'm wondering if it even possible for me to deadlift 500lbs raw double overhand @ 135lbs bodyweight

2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Interesting because I want to be able to deadlift 500lbs one for 5 reps and I'm wondering if it even possible for me to deadlift 500lbs raw double overhand @ 135lbs bodyweight
    No sig crew

mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mephiles9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by 2am View Post
    Interesting because I want to be able to deadlift 500lbs one for 5 reps and I'm wondering if it even possible for me to deadlift 500lbs raw double overhand @ 135lbs bodyweight
    But why not?

dbs25 is a name known to all. (+5000) dbs25 is a name known to all. (+5000) dbs25 is a name known to all. (+5000) dbs25 is a name known to all. (+5000) dbs25 is a name known to all. (+5000) dbs25 is a name known to all. (+5000) dbs25 is a name known to all. (+5000) dbs25 is a name known to all. (+5000) dbs25 is a name known to all. (+5000) dbs25 is a name known to all. (+5000) dbs25 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're a genetic freak and supplementing correctly on top of ridiculous work ethic, sure. Look up Richard Hawthorne.
    500/295/530

Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not for a donkey lipped dip**** like you.

Originally Posted by Roldz View Post
    Not for a donkey lipped dip**** like you.
    Why do you hate me so much what did I ever do to you?

Originally Posted by dbs25 View Post
    If you're a genetic freak and supplementing correctly on top of ridiculous work ethic, sure. Look up Richard Hawthorne.
    I just look him up on YouTube and you are absolutely right that is strong as phuck for his bodyweight

TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why don't you stop being a 135lb twink and put on some fukin weight phaggot?
    Bench: 350 / Squat: 485 / Deadlift: 600

samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not a real exercise
    Berties 2020 nominations:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177890661&p=1594664611#post1594664611

Originally Posted by TappingTheZen View Post
    Why don't you stop being a 135lb twink and put on some fukin weight phaggot?
    But I want to have elite lb for lb strength

TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TappingTheZen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mephiles9 View Post
    But I want to have elite lb for lb strength
    Well based on how you lift and your dogmatic view to lifting, you never will.

KathleenRyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KathleenRyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KathleenRyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KathleenRyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KathleenRyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KathleenRyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KathleenRyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KathleenRyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KathleenRyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KathleenRyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KathleenRyan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Only if you use an axle bar.
    #FreeMaximus

Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roldz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why do you hate me so much what did I ever do to you?

Well based on how you lift and your dogmatic view to lifting, you never will.
    I have never in my entire life seen a powerlifter ever use machine exercises to increase their deadlift I have only seen do heavy barbell exercises different deadlifts variations for them to get a stronger deadlift than last time

Originally Posted by KathleenRyan View Post
    Only if you use an axle bar.
    Nope it has to be the conventional deadlift

BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lamar Gant pulled 600+ while competing @ 123lbs bodyweight.

I have never in my entire life seen a powerlifter ever use machine exercises to increase their deadlift I have only seen do heavy barbell exercises different deadlifts variations for them to get a stronger deadlift than last time
    I use some machines to increase my deadlift, and my deadlift mogs yours, phaggot...

but of course you know better with your 200lbs deadlift. Just fkin LOL

Originally Posted by BromanianDL View Post
    Lamar Gant pulled 600+ while competing @ 123lbs bodyweight.
    I just saw the video that guy is strong as phuck srs that guy has superhuman strength

I use some machines to increase my deadlift, and my deadlift mogs yours, phaggot...

but of course you know better with your 200lbs deadlift. Just fkin LOL
    Its 250lbs for 5 reps now double overhand and no straps or lifting belt

And secondly the only machine exercise that I see that can increase your deadlift is the straight arm lat pulldown

legbroke is just really nice. (+1000) legbroke is just really nice. (+1000) legbroke is just really nice. (+1000) legbroke is just really nice. (+1000) legbroke is just really nice. (+1000) legbroke is just really nice. (+1000) legbroke is just really nice. (+1000) legbroke is just really nice. (+1000) legbroke is just really nice. (+1000) legbroke is just really nice. (+1000) legbroke is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by legbroke View Post
    Crazy lb for lb strength

Its 250lbs for 5 reps now double overhand and no straps or lifting belt

And secondly the only machine exercise that I see that can increase your deadlift is the straight arm lat pulldown
    The only reason that's all you can see, is because you disregard the experience of people way more experienced than you.

"Listen to others like they might know something you don't"

The only reason that's all you can see, is because you disregard the experience of people way more experienced than you.

"Listen to others like they might know something you don't"
    Ok so then what other machine exercises did you to increase your deadlift?

weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I can sense you're a bit beta so Id say for you no.
    But if you had some testosterone in your veins yeah maybe, but 500 for 5 @ 135 is elite. It is possible sure, just going to take a 20 years of lifting.

bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    is it possible? yes

is it possible for most people? no

just be smart and focus on progress and progressive overload and see what happens. don't get so focused on numbers that you trash your body by lifting recklessly and try to weights when you know it's not there yet
    220-225 bodyweight @ 6'3"

1 rep max PRs
    290 bench
    500 squat
    600 deadlift
    200 OHP

5sets x 3reps PRs
    520 DL
    275 bench
    460 squat

Originally Posted by weezystrong View Post
    I can sense you're a bit beta so Id say for you no.
    But if you had some testosterone in your veins yeah maybe, but 500 for 5 @ 135 is elite. It is possible sure, just going to take a 20 years of lifting.
    What!!!!!! 20 YEARS OF LIFTING I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG I THOUGHT AT LEAST IN TEN YEARS OF LIFTING I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEADLIFT 500LBS FOR 5 REPS @ 135LBS BODYWEIGHT

Ok so then what other machine exercises did you to increase your deadlift?
    Hip thrust machine
    Lying hamstring curl
    Standing hamstring curl
    Back extension machine

Hamstrings were an issue for me on my deadlift for a long time, so these exercises really helped.

Obviously i didn't increase my deadlift with only machines, as you rightly point out free weight excercises are extremely important too, but machines can help especially if you can identify an area where you are weak. Machines also become useful to exhaust your muscles towards the end of the session when you're already pre-fatigued and probably wouldn't properly be able to hit certain muscle groups due to fatigue and other muscles taking over.

What!!!!!! 20 YEARS OF LIFTING I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG I THOUGHT AT LEAST IN TEN YEARS OF LIFTING I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEADLIFT 500LBS FOR 5 REPS @ 135LBS BODYWEIGHT
    500 x 5 gives a 1rm of around 585lbs, that's a 4.33x bodyweight deadlift at 135lbs.

Bear in mind a 3x bodyweight deadlift is pretty elite, be realistic about your goals. Unless you're a genetic freak, you're probably going to have to put on some bodyweight to rep 500 x 5. There's only so much CNS activation you can elicit with your muscle mass, the rest of it comes down to leverage which is something you can't change much. The best way to get stronger.. is to add mass, for most people.

I hit 600lbs at around 190lbs the first time (i'm 205 now and havn't tested my 1rm for a long time), and i have pretty good levers for deadlift.

In my 7 or so years of lifting, i've seen a handful of people who can deadlift 3.5x bodyweight and i train around a lot of elite guys who compete at a very high level. The few genetic outliers that are deadlifting 4x+ are just that, outliers, and are extremely rare.
    Last edited by TappingTheZen; 08-06-2020 at 04:23 PM.

weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weezystrong is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hip thrust machine
    Lying hamstring curl
    Standing hamstring curl
    Back extension machine

Obviously i didn't increase my deadlift with only machines, as you rightly point out free weight excercises are extremely important too, but machines can help especially if you can identify an area where you are weak. Machines also become useful to exhaust your muscles towards the end of the session when you're already pre-fatigued and probably wouldn't properly be able to hit certain muscle groups due to fatigue and other muscles taking over.

500 x 5 gives a 1rm of around 585lbs, that's a 4.33x bodyweight deadlift at 135lbs.

Bear in mind a 3x bodyweight deadlift is pretty elite, be realistic about your goals. Unless you're a genetic freak, you're probably going to have to put on some bodyweight to rep 500 x 5.

I hit 600lbs at around 190lbs the first time (i'm 205 now and havn't tested my 1rm for a long time), and i have pretty good levers for deadlift.
    Realistic about his goals? This guy is asking you what machines he should use to get a 500x5 deadlift @ 135 bw lmao.

Originally Posted by weezystrong View Post
    Realistic about his goals? This guy is asking you what machines he should use to get a 500x5 deadlift @ 135 bw lmao.
    lmao ik right, i shouldn't reply since i know he's full of chit but he caught me in a good mood lol

bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bsrkoacar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    be open minded. machines helped my deadlift. hip hinge exercises with a barbell are great but I love machine rows too. hits the lats and upper back in ways I can't do with a barbell. belt squats are great. and if you aren't doing machine leg curls, then you are seriously missing out

different deadlift variations? like what? and what do you mean by heavy? what rep ranges? you should be lifting heavy but you need volume days too. curious what your programming looks like
    220-225 bodyweight @ 6'3"

1 rep max PRs
    290 bench
    500 squat
    600 deadlift
    200 OHP

5sets x 3reps PRs
    520 DL
    275 bench
    460 squat