Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking question

Alright I’m sure I know the answer to this but I would love to hear if it’s correct. So I’ve been bulking since I was 135 so about the last 5-6 months at 0.5 pounds a week and this week I weighed in at 146. Now I have an app called happy scale to track my moving average and since I started at 135 I’ve gained my 0.5 a week eating the exact same foods for the last 5 months to make it as easy as possible for me.

Now this week I started at 146.2 and today i weighed in at 144.6 and now my average has finally changed to 0.4 a week.

So my question is this, as you gain weight on a bulk are you supposed to increase the calories the more weight you gain? This looks to be true based off my weight finally dropping to under 0.5 a week. I did just switch to the intermediate fierce 5 U/L after doing the novice program but that was on Monday and I wouldn’t think me adding an extra day of workouts would effect my weight. Especially when I haven’t finished this week yet.

Calories I’ve been eating at last 5-6 months is 2800 and my TDEE at 146 is 2475
    Last edited by Calikid32190; 08-06-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Calikid32190 View Post
    Alright I’m sure I know the answer to this but I would love to hear if it’s correct. So I’ve been bulking since I was 135 so about the last 5-6 months at 0.5 pounds a week and this week I weighed in at 146. Now I have an app called happy scale to track my moving average and since I started at 135 I’ve gained my 0.5 a week eating the exact same foods for the last 5 months to make it as easy as possible for me.

Now this week I started at 146.2 and today i weighed in at 144.6 and now my average has finally changed to 0.4 a week.

So my question is this, as you gain weight on a bulk are you supposed to increase the calories the more weight you gain? This looks to be true based off my weight finally dropping to under 0.5 a week. I did just switch to the intermediate fierce 5 U/L after doing the novice program but that was on Monday and I wouldn’t think me adding an extra day of workouts would effect my weight. Especially when I haven’t finished this week yet.
    Yes but not after 10lbs or so. You're probably only burning 15-20 calories more than you were 10lbs ago.

There could be a lot of reasons for this change in rate. At the beginning of overfeeding, you probably gained a good bit of water weight before truly putting on weight, hence a higher average at first. You could have become more active overtime, increasing your TDEE on your own. Also, it could just be one of those weeks. Weight gain/loss seems to come in batches for some people vs. a steady rate. You may be retaining less water than usual for whatever hormonal, dietary, exercise-related reason.

Don't increase yet. Continue on as long as you are progressing in your program, which is the number 1 priority.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Calikid32190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Yes but not after 10lbs or so. You're probably only burning 15-20 calories more than you were 10lbs ago.

There could be a lot of reasons for this change in rate. At the beginning of overfeeding, you probably gained a good bit of water weight before truly putting on weight, hence a higher average at first. You could have become more active overtime, increasing your TDEE on your own. Also, it could just be one of those weeks. Weight gain/loss seems to come in batches for some people vs. a steady rate. You may be retaining less water than usual for whatever hormonal, dietary, exercise-related reason.

Don't increase yet. Continue on as long as you are progressing in your program, which is the number 1 priority.
    Thank you I won’t rush out to get more food then 😂 and you’re right because when I was 135 to about 142 it was actually normally averaging 0.7-0.8. It’s finally starting to average out to 0.5. Also I do carb ups on weekends and do keto Monday-Friday so that first weigh in on Monday is going to look crazy coming off 2 carb up days. Typically though it was averaging out to about 0.5 the first few months. It would be hit or miss but I stuck with my 2800 calories because it was 0.5 more times than not. Having carb up weekends I know once I deplete the glucose over the week my weight will go down. So even though I would have weeks where that average was 0.7-0.8 I felt it was more from the carb ups. Once I can’t progress on lifts then I want to eat more?