Reply
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Registered User k0nstant's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 28
    Rep Power: 0
    k0nstant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    k0nstant is offline

    Impact Whey (myprotein) didn't come with scoop, need math help

    Figured it would be no problem, I have a measuring cup (for mL) and I have my old ON 70cc (32g) scoop. So for Impact Whey, one scoop of 25g contains 18g of protein. Great, I just want to be able to use my ON scoop 32G. How does one calculate how much protein would be in that particular 32G scoop. Also, could you let me know how you figured it out so I could do it for the fat and carbs too (since I am tracking EVERYTHING).
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User Ghawk21's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2016
    Age: 29
    Posts: 2,680
    Rep Power: 28955
    Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ghawk21 is offline
    Its early but...
    18/25= ~0.64g protein per gram serving size
    0.64 x 32= 20.5g

    So your 32g scoop would have about 20.5grams per serving.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User k0nstant's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 28
    Rep Power: 0
    k0nstant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    k0nstant is offline
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    Its early but...
    18/25= ~0.64g protein per gram serving size
    0.64 x 32= 20.5g

    So your 32g scoop would have about 20.5grams per serving.
    oh, not the best protein for losing weight t seems with more fat and carbs for less protein (when compared to ON). Should've just stuck to ON but that $60 for 11ib deal was too much temptation
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User Ghawk21's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2016
    Age: 29
    Posts: 2,680
    Rep Power: 28955
    Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ghawk21 is offline
    Originally Posted by k0nstant View Post
    oh, not the best protein for losing weight t seems with more fat and carbs for less protein (when compared to ON). Should've just stuck to ON but that $60 for 11ib deal was too much temptation
    I just checked the website, 3grams of carbs per serving and 1gram of fat...that's 21calories per serving. Maybe 30calories in your larger scoop(I didn't do the math, just ball parking). If you aren't losing weight its not because of your choice in protein powder.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User k0nstant's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 28
    Rep Power: 0
    k0nstant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    k0nstant is offline
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    I just checked the website, 3grams of carbs per serving and 1gram of fat...that's 21calories per serving. Maybe 30calories in your larger scoop(I didn't do the math, just ball parking). If you aren't losing weight its not because of your choice in protein powder.
    that's ON but Impact Whey is a little bit (tiny) higher. Nonetheless I just started eating in a caloric deficit and tracking my foods so I hope you understand my OCD. Thanks for teaching me how to measure the protein carbs and fat using different cups!
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User NearlyBigAngus's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 607
    Rep Power: 8644
    NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    NearlyBigAngus is offline
    I checked the scoops in my last couple of batches of Impact Whey and filled level they both held 38g so don't worry about not having the scoop (it may actually be buried deep in the whey powder)
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    我学习汉语 Bigdumogre's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: United States
    Posts: 34,610
    Rep Power: 733040
    Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bigdumogre is offline
    Originally Posted by k0nstant View Post
    oh, not the best protein for losing weight t seems with more fat and carbs for less protein (when compared to ON). Should've just stuck to ON but that $60 for 11ib deal was too much temptation
    Losing weight has everything to do with calories in vs calories out. Macros don’t count in losing weight (to a point). Fat and carbs are great and don’t avoid them especially fat get min 50g a day.
    That size looks natty obtainable

    Did he? Likely not
    Can you? Probaply not either
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User k0nstant's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 28
    Rep Power: 0
    k0nstant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    k0nstant is offline
    Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
    Losing weight has everything to do with calories in vs calories out. Macros don’t count in losing weight (to a point). Fat and carbs are great and don’t avoid them especially fat get min 50g a day.
    I weigh 150ib so I get around 1500 calories, the amount of calories my body needs is around 1700 but the 1500 is just so I lose weight regardless of whether I have time to workout) and eat around 130g carbs and 160g protein and 38 g fat
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User Ghawk21's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2016
    Age: 29
    Posts: 2,680
    Rep Power: 28955
    Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ghawk21 is offline
    Originally Posted by k0nstant View Post
    I weigh 150ib so I get around 1500 calories, the amount of calories my body needs is around 1700 but the 1500 is just so I lose weight regardless of whether I have time to workout) and eat around 130g carbs and 160g protein and 38 g fat
    How old are you and what's your height? Where did you get 1700cals from as maintenance? Have you read the stickies in the nutrition forum? You're definitely not getting enough fats.

    Wait a minute, you're only 17 aren't you. You were advised against cutting at your age here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178062561

    You appear to have cut anyways. Same answer as before you, you should be focusing on building muscle.
    Last edited by Ghawk21; 08-06-2020 at 08:12 AM.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User k0nstant's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 28
    Rep Power: 0
    k0nstant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    k0nstant is offline
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    How old are you and what's your height? Where did you get 1700cals from as maintenance? Have you read the stickies in the nutrition forum? You're definitely not getting enough fats.

    You appear to have cut anyways. Same answer as before you, you should be focusing on building muscle.
    Yeah that's when I was consistently going to the gym but my bodyfat levels were way too high and they are still not where I want it because I didn't make smart food choices. I started lifting 3 years ago and it's only been a #foreverbulk since then. Now, I've only been cutting since the start of August and will probably stop by the end of the month (when the school season begins). I want to do a lean bulk after I get down to a low bodyfat. Edit: on the bodybuilding.com macro calculator it said to eat 37g fat, 170g carb and protein which is slightly above what I do eat. Also if you're confused about how I went from 165 to 150, that's pretty much because I stopped eating the insane amount of food I used to. Also, water weight is also a factor I took creatine and haven't taken any for a long time. Edit part 2: I'm pretty sure my noobie gains are gone, I had a huge hiatus in between my 3 years of lifting where I didn't pick up any weights for a while.
    Last edited by k0nstant; 08-06-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User Ghawk21's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2016
    Age: 29
    Posts: 2,680
    Rep Power: 28955
    Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ghawk21 is offline
    Originally Posted by k0nstant View Post
    Yeah that's when I was consistently going to the gym but my bodyfat levels were way too high and they are still not where I want it because I didn't make smart food choices. I started lifting 3 years ago and it's only been a #foreverbulk since then. Now, I've only been cutting since the start of August and will probably stop by the end of the month (when the school season begins). I want to do a lean bulk after I get down to a low bodyfat. Edit: on the bodybuilding.com macro calculator it said to eat 37g fat, 170g carb and protein which is slightly above what I do eat. Also if you're confused about how I went from 165 to 150, that's pretty much because I stopped eating the insane amount of food I used to. Also, water weight is also a factor I took creatine and haven't taken any for a long time. Edit part 2: I'm pretty sure my noobie gains are gone, I had a huge hiatus in between my 3 years of lifting where I didn't pick up any weights for a while.
    However you think you went about it, at the end of the day you dropped 15lbs and that's cutting. Creatine and water weight would have accounted for a little bit but not as much as you're implying. I'm not going to get into an argument about it because you teenagers never listen anyways(Christ I feel old) but to be clear you shouldn't be cutting.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Loomis, California, United States
    Posts: 8,638
    Rep Power: 136811
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lucia316 is offline
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    However you think you went about it, at the end of the day you dropped 15lbs and that's cutting. Creatine and water weight would have accounted for a little bit but not as much as you're implying. I'm not going to get into an argument about it because you teenagers never listen anyways(Christ I feel old) but to be clear you shouldn't be cutting.
    It's even worse when they're your own teenagers. They look at you like you're a window-licker and some how they've the sage wisdom of octogenarians.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User Norton007's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    Norton007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Norton007 is offline
    3 grams of carbs and 1gram of fat ......21 calories, i am prety close to this, Thanks for teh caluclations @Ghawk21
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
]]>