humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Fierce 5 Deload or not?

I did Deadlifts 350lbs on Wednesday 2 weeks ago with the rep results 4/3/3 so I failed and had to try again next week.

So I did 350 lbs again on Monday Last week and that time I got 5/5/5! Now on Friday last week I did the deadlifts again but now somehow i I got 5/5/4 and failed the last rep even though I got it last time in the same week.

Now my question is this, I Failed 2 times with 350 lbs but not 2 times in a “ROW” like the author of fierce 5 says. So should’ve I try 350 again on Wednesday or deliad the weight?

According to Fierce 5 it says “if you fail 2 TIMES IN A “ROW” you have to decrease the weight (Deload)”. But I didn’t fail in a “row” as explained above.

This is getting me confused guys please help.

daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by humbaga21 View Post
    I did Deadlifts 350lbs on Wednesday 2 weeks ago with the rep results 4/3/3 so I failed and had to try again next week.

So I did 350 lbs again on Monday Last week and that time I got 5/5/5! Now on Friday last week I did the deadlifts again but now somehow i I got 5/5/4 and failed the last rep even though I got it last time in the same week.

Now my question is this, I Failed 2 times with 350 lbs but not 2 times in a “ROW” like the author of fierce 5 says. So should’ve I try 350 again on Wednesday or deliad the weight?

According to Fierce 5 it says “if you fail 2 TIMES IN A “ROW” you have to decrease the weight (Deload)”. But I didn’t fail in a “row” as explained above.

This is getting me confused guys please help.
    You're overcomplicating this. The point of the deload / reset is because in your current state, you likely won't see additional progress due to fatigue surpassing performance. So you need to lighten the load or rest so the built up fatigue can subside enough for performance to peak again. The program allows for 2 fails in a row because most novices can't differentiate between just having an off day vs fatigue - so the cookie cutter rule applies. Just take the deload / rest,,, especially if you're plateuing from deadlifts. They are incredibly taxing and fatigue builds up quickly over time.

safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by daudi81 View Post
    You're overcomplicating this. The point of the deload / reset is because in your current state, you likely won't see additional progress due to fatigue surpassing performance. So you need to lighten the load or rest so the built up fatigue can subside enough for performance to peak again. The program allows for 2 fails in a row because most novices can't differentiate between just having an off day vs fatigue - so the cookie cutter rule applies. Just take the deload / rest,,, especially if you're plateuing from deadlifts. They are incredibly taxing and fatigue builds up quickly over time.
    This right keep things simple and stop over thinking