humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Fierce 5 Question!

Hey I got a question,

I did Deadlifts 350lbs on Wednesday 2 weeks ago with the rep results 4/3/3 so I failed and had to try again next week.

So I did 350 lbs again on Monday Last week and that time I got 5/5/5! Now on Friday last week I did the deadlifts again but now somehow i I got 5/5/4 and failed the last rep even though I got it last time in the same week.

Now my question is this, I Failed 2 times with 350 lbs but not 2 times in a “ROW” like the author of fierce 5 says. So should’ve I try 350 again on Wednesday or deliad the weight?

According to Fierce 5 it says “if you fail 2 TIMES IN A “ROW” you have to decrease the weight (Deload)”. But I didn’t fail in a “row” as explained above.

This is getting me confused guys please help.

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    People get confused about the deadlift+ leg curl variation of Fierce 5 novice. The goal of that was to give you a break from squatting while still developing your posterior. That variation brings it inline with Greyskull LP, which is much better balanced then most beginner programs that have you squatting 3x/week.

So why not do deadlifts like EVERY other beginner program and do 1 set of deadlifts. That way you can recover better and actually get a training stimulus instead of just beating yourself up. This will also allow you to progress a little further without stalling, assuming your nutrition and sleep needs are being met.

humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) humbaga21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    People get confused about the deadlift+ leg curl variation of Fierce 5 novice. The goal of that was to give you a break from squatting while still developing your posterior. That variation brings it inline with Greyskull LP, which is much better balanced then most beginner programs that have you squatting 3x/week.

So why not do deadlifts like EVERY other beginner program and do 1 set of deadlifts. That way you can recover better and actually get a training stimulus instead of just beating yourself up. This will also allow you to progress a little further without stalling, assuming your nutrition and sleep needs are being met.

Because then it’s not Fierce 5 anymore. He’s very knowledgeable about programming. I think if he would think that you’re idea is better he would probably implement it into the program.

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by humbaga21 View Post
    Because then it’s not Fierce 5 anymore. He’s very knowledgeable about programming. I think if he would think that you’re idea is better he would probably implement it into the program.
    He doesn’t specifically say 3x5 deadlifts though. And you keep getting stuck at a relatively low poundage. So why not try reducing the volume to 1x5 and see where that gets you.

He doesn’t specifically say 3x5 deadlifts though. And you keep getting stuck at a relatively low poundage. So why not try reducing the volume to 1x5 and see where that gets you.
    Hey, what I meant is that I already got 3x5 at 350 but the second time I had to attend 350 again, I was short of 1 rep, so I’am not really “stuck” at 350. Today i did 350 again and i got it this time (3x5). It probably was a mental thing or sth. When I was short of 1 rep or just a bad day. So now I can increase the weight to 360 next session.

I’ve been lifting for 5 months btw.

Hey, what I meant is that I already got 3x5 at 350 but the second time I had to attend 350 again, I was short of 1 rep, so I’am not really “stuck” at 350. Today i did 350 again and i got it this time (3x5). It probably was a mental thing or sth. When I was short of 1 rep or just a bad day. So now I can increase the weight to 360 next session.

I’ve been lifting for 5 months btw.
    3x5 reps? 10 lbs jumps? I can see why you keep stalling.

I’m willing to bet you give up something in your form to be able to get your prescribed amount of reps as well.

3x5 reps? 10 lbs jumps? I can see why you keep stalling.

I’m willing to bet you give up something in your form to be able to get your prescribed amount of reps as well.
    What are you talking about?? This is my first time once in a while I didn’t got the lift. And that was because I had a bad day. 10 lbs jumps? Yes of course, this is what the program prescribes, so I’am not gonna alter it. Form > weight is my motto. My form is pretty good, lower back is tensed up and straight with little upper back rounding.

What are you talking about?? This is my first time once in a while I didn’t got the lift. And that was because I had a bad day. 10 lbs jumps? Yes of course, this is what the program prescribes, so I’am not gonna alter it. Form > weight is my motto. My form is pretty good, lower back is tensed up and straight with little upper back rounding.
    A little upper back rounding is too be expected in near maximal loads

A little upper back rounding is too be expected in near maximal loads
    Exactly