mBrane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question ON Pro Series Discontinued! <sniff>

This has been my go-to line for years. Substitutes products for Pro BCAA are easy to find, but does anyone know of anything equivalent to ON Pro Complex protein? Have always loved the mix of multiple protein types and digestion rates. Also, no protein farts!

What's your go-to *blended* protein?
    Last edited by mBrane; 08-05-2020 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Replaced "complex" with "blended" for clarity
    - mBrane

eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    PES Select or if you want to spend the money Beverly UMP
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    PES Select or if you want to spend the money Beverly UMP
    Gonna try the UMP, I reckon. Much obliged!
    - mBrane

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mBrane View Post
    This has been my go-to line for years. Substitutes products for Pro BCAA are easy to find, but does anyone know of anything equivalent to ON Pro Complex protein? Have always loved the mix of multiple protein types and digestion rates. Also, no protein farts!

What's your go-to *blended* protein?
    A) Don't waste your money on free-form amino products. It's also redundant if you're using protein powder. If you're meeting your macro, you're getting plenty of amino acids.
    B) Digestion rates are largely not relevant. Unless you're fasting >24 hours, your body is still digesting previous meals and supply your system with nutrients you need. Meed your macro daily, you'll be fine.

Any protein powder from a reputable brand that fits your budget and you like the taste is perfect for helping you meet your macros. Avoid collagen or collagen-based proteins like Beef Isolate.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

I workout fasted in the AM, so taking BCAAs during my workout ensures that I have them available in my blood plasma (they peak 30 mins after consumption, so I drink throughout).

As for digestion rate (or bio-availability) of protein, I believe that it *is* significant when and whether you're taking whey, casein, or a blend. For example, if I took casein after my fasted workout, my body would be going a significant portion of each day without access to sufficient levels of protein. I appreciate the feedback, though.
    - mBrane

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I workout fasted in the AM, so taking BCAAs during my workout ensures that I have them available in my blood plasma (they peak 30 mins after consumption, so I drink throughout).

As for digestion rate (or bio-availability) of protein, I believe that it *is* significant when and whether you're taking whey, casein, or a blend. For example, if I took casein after my fasted workout, my body would be going a significant portion of each day without access to sufficient levels of protein. I appreciate the feedback, though.
    It doesn’t and it won’t.
    Strong & Unstable

Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post
    It doesn’t and it won’t.
    Well, that's irrefutable. Much obliged!
    - mBrane

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're not "fasted" though. You haven't been not eating for >24 hours. Digestion is constant can food can take upwards of 48 hours to digest depending no the food you ate and what you ate it with. Your body is essentially processing/digesting the majority of what you ate yesterday today. Thus, if you're meeting your macros daily you're fine. Just because you haven't eaten a meal in 8ish hours because you were sleeping does not mean your body is starving for nutrients. It isn't.

Hell, even if that did matter and your body immediately digested what you ate, you still have all the nutrients from everything you ate yesterday between when you worked out and now to take care of what you'd need while working out. Marketing is powerful and you've bought into this notion that what you said is relevant. Sure, they may peak your blood aminos, but what about all the aminos already there from what you ate previously that's been digested? More != better nor beneficial.

Plus, being "fasted" has zero benefit or downside in body comp goals. Because in reality, you're not fasting. You just haven't eaten in a few hours.

See above as to why this is a ridiculous notion perpetuated by supplement companies to *gasp* sell supplements, and makes zero sense biologically. If you're meeting your macro daily you'll have plenty of amino acids in your body for your body to have all it needs. Further, in the context of a high protein diet of varied sources, protein is protein. It doesn't matter. Just meet your macro with whatever fits your budget, is convenient and you like the taste. That's all you need to worry about.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."