Registered User researchinstuff's Avatar
    researchinstuff is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post PTs who used video streaming to train clients with gyms closed - how was it?

Hello everyone,

I am a grad student and I am currently completing a summer tech incubator program. I am looking at the problem of how PTs have been able to manage their clients while gyms were or are still closed; this also includes PTs who teach or coach any sort of classes.

I know a lot of trainers I've seen on IG resorted to steaming on IG/FB/ZOOM and I am hoping to conduct some research to see how they've managed.

I am hoping to conduct 1:1 interviews with personal trainers via ZOOM who have used any sort of video streaming service throughout Covid to continue their PT business.

Please feel free to post in this thread or PM me.

Thank you!

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I use Zoom app. Slightly harder to do with pure beginners as I cannot physically adjust their technique, leaving me to demonstrate and give them verbal cues (both of which are tools we use in our in-person sessions as well, but with in-person we can also manually adjust the client). It's slightly harder, I'd say, but not by much. Client technique improvements seem slightly longer to occur, but they still happen.

bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100) bobbyrfletcher is not very well liked. (-100)
    Zoom is the best choice I think. We use it for different purposes.

fitguitar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    I use Zoom app. Slightly harder to do with pure beginners as I cannot physically adjust their technique, leaving me to demonstrate and give them verbal cues (both of which are tools we use in our in-person sessions as well, but with in-person we can also manually adjust the client). It's slightly harder, I'd say, but not by much. Client technique improvements seem slightly longer to occur, but they still happen.
    Test

Cornf1ake is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by researchinstuff View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am a grad student and I am currently completing a summer tech incubator program. I am looking at the problem of how PTs have been able to manage their clients while gyms were or are still closed; this also includes PTs who teach or coach any sort of classes.

I know a lot of trainers I've seen on IG resorted to steaming on IG/FB/ZOOM and I am hoping to conduct some research to see how they've managed.

I am hoping to conduct 1:1 interviews with personal trainers via ZOOM who have used any sort of video streaming service throughout Covid to continue their PT business.

Please feel free to post in this thread or PM me.

Thank you!
    I can say from a clients point of view, I was lucky enough to have a trainer that did this while gyms were closed. We used the Apple Messenger app(video part). My trainer trained me for an hour and I e-transferred the fees. It was amazing. I do have a full compliment of gear, so we were lucky. But we didn't skip a beat.
    I mounted my ipad on the wall at the far end of the room and she could see the entire area.