BigDonny123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Body fat percentage 24% to 27%! Need help!

Hey!

Lately, I haven't really worried about my weight, instead I've been taking time to really focus on lowering my body fat percentage. I've been going on a calorie deficit, limiting my carbs, and eating a lot more protein. I've also put in a lot more time and miles on the treadmill and my running shoes. However, my scale says that my body fat is not changing, and on some days, is even going up! I started out at 24%, and now I'm at 27%. This is weird because despite the numbers, I'm definitely seeing a change in my physique, such as more striations and lines on my midsection and less fat on my love handles. So where is all this fat hiding??? Any tips, advice, or suggestions? Because I can see results, but what's up with my numbers???

Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cautious1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BigDonny123 View Post
    Hey!

Lately, I haven't really worried about my weight, instead I've been taking time to really focus on lowering my body fat percentage. I've been going on a calorie deficit, limiting my carbs, and eating a lot more protein. I've also put in a lot more time and miles on the treadmill and my running shoes. However, my scale says that my body fat is not changing, and on some days, is even going up! I started out at 24%, and now I'm at 27%. This is weird because despite the numbers, I'm definitely seeing a change in my physique, such as more striations and lines on my midsection and less fat on my love handles. So where is all this fat hiding??? Any tips, advice, or suggestions? Because I can see results, but what's up with my numbers???
    All your replies will say that the scale is very inaccurate in knowing bodyfat % & you should stop using that. The best way to measure progress is physically seeing a change in your physique in the mirror which you mentioned so guess your on the right track.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^ Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd here it comes:

Bodyfat scales are very inaccurate, to the extent where the results they give are completely meaningless. Ignore bodyfat scales, scales of any kind are ONLY useful for knowing your bodyweight.

Also if you are only running you are likely to end up thinner but equally soft as you will have lost a lot of your lean mass in the process. Do a lifting routine, cardio is secondary if you decide to do it at all. Just make sure you are in a calorie deficit

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    ^ Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd here it comes:

Bodyfat scales are very inaccurate, to the extent where the results they give are completely meaningless. Ignore bodyfat scales, scales of any kind are ONLY useful for knowing your bodyweight.

Also if you are only running you are likely to end up thinner but equally soft as you will have lost a lot of your lean mass in the process. Do a lifting routine, cardio is secondary if you decide to do it at all. Just make sure you are in a calorie deficit
    ^^^^^ This.

Also, to say that you're not worried about weight and only focusing on bodyfat, you're going to need to lose weight to drop the fat, its just the way it is. Ideally you want to be on a good weight lifting program to help maintain muscle while cutting weight, which will prioritize fat loss over just "weight loss". Losing weight without strength training and sufficient protein intake won't help your body maintain the muscle you will need to improve your overall physique.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.