lousainus1988 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Another should I bulk or cut thread for skinny fat

Last 3 weeks or so I have been on a pretty strict cut, Has been all clean food, Oats/sweet potato, chicken, fish, spinach, eggs, protein powder, etc, Trying to carb cycle a little as well and just keeping carbs lower on off days.

Plan was to get rid of my belly fat and start bulking again mid Sept but with no noticeable progress I am starting to question if I should even cut in the first place as I am still very small.

Training wise I have been doing push/pull/legs then day off and repeat, Normally take an extra day off if I feel my body needs it. Have a desk job so not much exercise outside my training, Only cardio I do is hockey once per week.
    Prior to this I have been training for about 2 years, Mostly doing a full body/compound routine and take every second day off. Actually put on about 20lbs as hard as that is to believe with my current size and did most of it dirty bulking without really tracking what I ate, Just made sure I was full all the time and got lots of protein.

Added my current picture and daily nutrition log since starting the cut, Pretty bothered by my big waist and small chest.

Should I stay on my cut or should I start clean bulking? Any advice would be great!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by lousainus1988; 08-04-2020 at 11:58 PM.

vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Bulk more slowly for 5-10 more pounds. Lateral delts and entire back need way more work. Lower chest needs work too. What’s your current height and weight? Also is that pic with or without a pump? Imo progress pics should always be in the morning post chit and pre breakfast

You’ll have to accept some belly fat rn before you cut, especially if you’ve already been eating clean to begin with

Originally Posted by vitruv View Post
    Bulk more slowly for 5-10 more pounds. Lateral delts and entire back need way more work. Lower chest needs work too. What’s your current height and weight? Also is that pic with or without a pump? Imo progress pics should always be in the morning post chit and pre breakfast
    I am roughly 6,1 and 179lbs ( 175lbs when I wake up ), Not sure which weight is better to go by lol

vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000) vitruv is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by lousainus1988 View Post
    I am roughly 6,1 and 179lbs ( 175lbs when I wake up ), Not sure which weight is better to go by lol
    Yea then definitely bulk 5-10 more pounds more slowly. Eat cleaner if you can. And yes, your real weight (assuming post piss and chit) is indeed the 175. I think you’re still in the range based on your bone size where you can recomp-bulk with a better diet

Yea then definitely bulk 5-10 more pounds more slowly. Eat cleaner if you can. And yes, your real weight (assuming post piss and chit) is indeed the 175
    Thanks for the advice, Do you think I should keep the same training split or go back to more compound/full body routine?

Thanks for the advice, Do you think I should keep the same training split or go back to more compound/full body routine?
    If you think you have enough strength to use many different types of weights to target your muscles better stick with PPL. If you don’t think the weight you use for cables, flyes, etc is enough, then go back to SS/full body

If you think you have enough strength to use many different types of weights to target your muscles better stick with PPL. If you don’t think the weight you use for cables, flyes, etc is enough, then go back to SS/full body
    Makes sense, And for carbs should I keep carb cycling when bulking? Only started to keep track of them since trying to lose fat so not sure what to do with them in a bulk.
    Just saw you asked when the pic was taken, Off day from the gym but not in the morning.
    Last edited by lousainus1988; 08-04-2020 at 08:13 PM.

faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And for carbs should I keep carb cycling when bulking?
    no, it provides no additional benefit afaik
    positive crew