Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deadlift Form Video

Hey guys so I've been trying to improve my form for deadlifting but I'm super confused... I took some cues and tips from Jeff Nippard videos, and very recently Alan Thrall.. But I think I'm still not able to figure it out. Here's a video of me doing my 7 rep max:

youtu. be/Xure10sjGa0

(pls copy paste and remove the space - I'm not yet allowed to post links!)

Is my form completely terrible? What would you guess is the issue - mobility? Or too high a weight?

Please advise on how I should go ahead. Drop the weight or do some mobility or just do what I'm doing? I've been deadlifting for years but very recently tried to ensure I have good form... Sometimes I think am I just overthinking it now?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000) TolerantLactose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're losing tightness in your back almost as soon as you pull. I think it's more of an awareness issue than the weight being too high.

Also, lose the gloves. This is one place where they will definitely hurt your progress.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agree with above - think it's just a setup issue and not too heavy for you. Your hips rise up first, your lower back rounds, and your lower back does the lift on its own.

BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My guess is you are not bracing. Squeeze your abs like somebody is going to punch you in the stomach. Pull your shoulders down towards your hips and engage your lats. Your torso should be so tight that your lower back can't round.

ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For a split second before the first rep, you get into a good position, then your form breaks down immediately.

You're pulling too much with your back. Think about pushing the floor away and driving your hips into the bar.

Learn to hip hinge so that you keep your torso straight like a crane.

You finish soft. Bump your hips into the bar at the top by squeezing your glutes. Learn to use your glutes throughout the whole movement.

Do RDL for practicing hip hinge and glute engagement.

Do slow eccentrics to train the movement pattern more.

Last edited by ECGordyn; 08-04-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    Currently cutting: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1616872851&viewfull=1#post1616872851