Kabamaro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabamaro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabamaro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabamaro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabamaro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabamaro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabamaro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabamaro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabamaro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabamaro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabamaro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Career Advice for a 28 years old failure?

I went to University on scholarship for a Bachelor in Media Arts & Technology then I started working for Media production companies as an assistant and editor but never got an offer for a full time job so I got sick of it and moved back to my parents

I tried to apply for a lot of jobs but I don't get call backs or interview offers

I don't know what to do now I just want to make above minimum wage income but it seems impossible with my background and corona stuff this year made it worse

I'll rep any advice/help

Audioslave is a name known to all. (+5000) Audioslave is a name known to all. (+5000) Audioslave is a name known to all. (+5000) Audioslave is a name known to all. (+5000) Audioslave is a name known to all. (+5000) Audioslave is a name known to all. (+5000) Audioslave is a name known to all. (+5000) Audioslave is a name known to all. (+5000) Audioslave is a name known to all. (+5000) Audioslave is a name known to all. (+5000) Audioslave is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Keep trying. Find ways to network. Even with the pandemic there are conferences online and networking events through zoom. Be extremely grateful you have a home that you can go back to while you try to rebuild yourself again. I don't know much about your space but maybe there are freelance jobs you can do in the interim? And stop calling yourself a failure.
    YOU ARE NOT A SLAVE

paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A lot of times it is being in the right place at the right time. Some people call it luck. But you have to go out of your house and sell yourself. Yes, the corona stuff makes it more difficult. But you just have to hustle more than the other people trying to make money. I'm self employed, and I do have other people that try to compete with me. I just try to sell myself a little more than what my competition is doing, or I try a little harder than they are.

Registered User AccountingMajor's Avatar
    AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kabamaro View Post
    I went to University on scholarship for a Bachelor in Media Arts & Technology then I started working for Media production companies as an assistant and editor but never got an offer for a full time job so I got sick of it and moved back to my parents

I tried to apply for a lot of jobs but I don't get call backs or interview offers

I don't know what to do now I just want to make above minimum wage income but it seems impossible with my background and corona stuff this year made it worse

I'll rep any advice/help
    As long as you living with parents, you're fine OP. That's saves a **** ton of money. A failure would be out on the streets and homeless not doing **** to improve their life.

I'm not sure how in demand your degree is, but if you're really desperate for work and want to get out of the house, have you tried a recruiter? I know they found someone with a useless music degree a job in bookkeeping. Doesn't hurt to try Robert Half if you have no other option you can think of. You might have to learn the basics of Excel but that's it.

Edit:

Bookkeeping isn't hard like a minimum wage job. It's just annoying and can tax you mentally.

Accounting is really easy if you know what you are doing.

And I'm being dead serious. Someone used to work in the corporate building with a music degree and he started off as an accounting clerk through some account temp thing.
    Last edited by AccountingMajor; 08-04-2020 at 12:33 PM. Reason: More info

BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000) BDSMBBW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AccountingMajor View Post
    As long as you living with parents, you're fine OP. That's saves a **** ton of money. A failure would be out on the streets and homeless not doing **** to improve their life.
    ^^^ THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!

Stay positive OP and keep working on bettering yourself - gym/meditate/work on your skillsets should be your priority. It might take longer than you imagine, But don't slack off from putting in the work to get better. All the best dude!!

Registered User AccountingMajor's Avatar
    AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000) AccountingMajor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GuessWhoBrahh View Post
    im in same boat, if u chose wrong path youre prettty much buried for along time if not forever.
    Whatchu mean? You aren't that screwed, are you?

DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DoragonKingu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Amazon is hiring.

Registered User OptimistPrime11's Avatar
    OptimistPrime11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimistPrime11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimistPrime11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimistPrime11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimistPrime11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimistPrime11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimistPrime11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimistPrime11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimistPrime11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimistPrime11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimistPrime11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I'll rep any advice/help
    What do you like to do in life? What are you good at?

Find a vocation that fits those criteria, and then get trained to get a job in that area.

Right now is the perfect time to do that as you have time and you can get unemployment of $600 a week + state (I am assuming the $600 a week will be renewed).

Answer those 2 questions above and then I can help you further.
    "Who do you think you are? I am!!"-Pete Weber

AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000)
    I second some of these comments. Pursue your passion (whatever that is) with all your heart. Reach out to friends who might have connections in your target industry. Keep sending out those resumes.

Above all, never call yourself a failure. It's just a bump in the road. Good luck!

Manlet with Credentials Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Jasonw1178 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jasonw1178 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jasonw1178 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jasonw1178 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jasonw1178 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jasonw1178 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jasonw1178 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jasonw1178 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jasonw1178 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jasonw1178 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jasonw1178 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I went to University on scholarship for a Bachelor in Media Arts & Technology....
    Okay, I'm going to stop you right here. No disrespect or saying that doesn't matter. If you are one of those that thinks that because you have a degree, that means you can only do a "degree" job, just stop reading, your mind is closed, and best luck to you.

Consider going into other lines of work, even if they are non-degree type jobs, or jobs where your degree doesn't matter. In the long run, having a degree will help you get into admin/management type positions, but it will take a while. Who knows, you might even like it. Within media type applications, I am sure there are lots of technical positions where knowing about the business would really give you an edge.

iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Find a job. Any job even if it's minimum wage.

Check out Flash Film Academy on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/FlashFilmMedia

https://www.flashfilmacademy.com/

If you really want to make money with Filmmaking and media follow FlashFilm Academy. Ty is full of knowledge. Dude was a Combat Photographer in the Army. Used his GI Bill to go to Full Sail University. Realized it was a waste. Started his own Video Production company and is making bank.

You're not a failure.

Gotta be humble and grateful for having parents that love you enough to let you live with them again.

As Jocko Willink says: "Your wife divorced you? Good. Your boss yelled at you? Good. You didn't get the high speed gear that you needed? Good. Reassess. Readjust. Reengage. Get After It."

Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

imbored21 is just really nice. (+1000) imbored21 is just really nice. (+1000) imbored21 is just really nice. (+1000) imbored21 is just really nice. (+1000) imbored21 is just really nice. (+1000) imbored21 is just really nice. (+1000) imbored21 is just really nice. (+1000) imbored21 is just really nice. (+1000) imbored21 is just really nice. (+1000) imbored21 is just really nice. (+1000) imbored21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    idk man just apply to a bunch of **** until you find a company who will grow you.

My first job out of college was $11/hr. 4 years out I make 60k/year. That was 2 promotions and senior positions at my company can pay close to 200k/year and I know I will get there at some point. I know it's not impressive but I mean you just have to find any job and kill it and hope they notice you. If you don't get promoted within 2 years, find a new company. You don't have to use your degree btw. I didn't and no one ever cared as long I had just any degree. I work in a technical field and don't feel behind my coworkers who have related degrees.

IDK just keep trying and things will fall into place if you don't have ****ed up standards.

mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikeoc322 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You have a couple things going for you:
    • You're self-aware. It's not easy to take a long, hard, sober look at your life, and be honest about your shortcomings.
    • You're accountable. I don't see any excuses. I see someone who is a fed up and who doesn't want to delude himself any further.
    • You're contrite. You moved back in with your parents. You must have some humility.

That all tells me your problem isn't your character. If I had to guess, you have a decent head on your shoulders, you're just lost.

Every mid-to-late 20-something who is lost is noncommittal. Your peers who are more successful than you didn't get that way by luck. They chose a direction and stuck with it. Therefore, do the same. "That's it?" Yes, that's it. Pick something. Stick to it. And get good at it. Done.

In the meantime, while you are work-shopping your skills, go get a job. you have a college degree. You can easily talk yourself into a 13-14$/hour customer service or data entry gig at your run-of-the-mill enterprise software company. Droves of far dumber people with legitimate personality defects occupy those jobs now. You can out compete them and easily get recognized by senior leadership. That alone will open up doors. Get out of your own way and get to it.

Godspeed buddy.

Glutes for the sloots JonnyB1106's Avatar
    JonnyB1106 is just really nice. (+1000) JonnyB1106 is just really nice. (+1000) JonnyB1106 is just really nice. (+1000) JonnyB1106 is just really nice. (+1000) JonnyB1106 is just really nice. (+1000) JonnyB1106 is just really nice. (+1000) JonnyB1106 is just really nice. (+1000) JonnyB1106 is just really nice. (+1000) JonnyB1106 is just really nice. (+1000) JonnyB1106 is just really nice. (+1000) JonnyB1106 is just really nice. (+1000)
    8 year Air Force Vet checking in. It’s never too late OP and I’m serious. When I first joined I’ve met a few 27+ guys right by my side, and I was 18. They of course had a different mindset than an 18 yo chithead, and this allowed them to promote early and some of them even went from enlisted to officer. The pay is not bad, and right now is the perfect time to enlist. PM if you got any questions. If you remember anything, go straight to the AF recruiter and don’t waste your time with the other branches.

Edit: AF also has a job series for Public Affairs (base newspaper, radio, tv, etc). From the sound of it, it seems this could be something you’d really enjoy.
    The above post is a 100% complete lie

**Uber 5 Star Crew**
    **Babynames.com Crew**
    **Chitty Wrist and Knees Crew**
    **I need Feminism because I need something to laugh at Crew**