Ryanx19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking for a workout pertaining to my goal.

Hello everyone,

I am a total beginner. I am 20 years old and pretty much shy when it comes to lifting. I would mainly go to the gym by myself, but I can never really stick to an actual plan because I am totally lost.

I am currently 165 lbs at 5'5 I used to weigh 180 lbs then proceeded to grind out to lose that weight. My body fat percentage is around 15-16% I am for sure skinny fat. My goal is to achieve an athletic physique by November 9th, 2020 (96 days from now).

I am willing to put the effort and grind in. I just am lost on where to begin and how to. I am a college student with a recreational building with a pretty good gym but I also have a membership at Planet Fitness.
    I also am looking for a good diet to stay on while I am doing this adventure.

If you could please send me suggestions on where to start!

Also, feel free to look at my bodyspace!

Thank you!

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Unlikely that you're 15% BF if you're skinny fat at the same time. Putting that aside, why the confinement to 96 days? This is a marathon not a sprint, it takes years to build an impressive physique, not days.

Which brings me to my next point, dunno what constitutes an 'athletic physique' to you, but under the assumption that you're just trying to build muscle and get strong, I'd probably suggest some form of a fully body, 3x per week routine such as Fierce 5 novice (will be able to confirm this suggestion after knowing what your strength levels and current rate of progression on your current routine is like). But again, this is looking at things in the long term, rather than just if you have 96 days to train and no more.
    Some regular lifting posts (IG) - @rsid_97

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rsid97 View Post
    Unlikely that you're 15% BF if you're skinny fat at the same time. Putting that aside, why the confinement to 96 days? This is a marathon not a sprint, it takes years to build an impressive physique, not days.

Which brings me to my next point, dunno what constitutes an 'athletic physique' to you, but under the assumption that you're just trying to build muscle and get strong, I'd probably suggest some form of a fully body, 3x per week routine such as Fierce 5 novice (will be able to confirm this suggestion after knowing what your strength levels and current rate of progression on your current routine is like). But again, this is looking at things in the long term, rather than just if you have 96 days to train and no more.
    This right here op. You say you want to put in the hardwork and grind away but then say you want to acheive your goal in 96 days. Contradicting statements

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ryanx19 View Post
    I am a total beginner. ... I am willing to put the effort and grind in.
    My goal is to achieve an athletic physique by November 9th, 2020 (96 days from now). ... If you could please send me suggestions on where to start!
    To start it'd be helpful to change your mindset, because effort doesn't have a 3-month time limit. Even if you have a good reason to want this, when people set time limits for "getting in shape" it tends to lead them to not hitting those goals since it's not as easy as they think, and then they are disappointed and don't continue with their routine past that time.

See advice above regarding a good program, and good luck!

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Why November 9th? That's a Monday. Are you getting married the weekend before or after November 9th?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am currently 165 lbs at 5'5 I used to weigh 180 lbs then proceeded to grind out to lose that weight. My body fat percentage is around 15-16% I am for sure skinny fat. My goal is to achieve an athletic physique by November 9th, 2020 (96 days from now).

I am willing to put the effort and grind in. I just am lost on where to begin and how to.
    This is pretty much what you said when you posted last year. Imagine how far you could have gotten if you had followed through back then.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Follow up

Hello everyone,

Appreciate the feedback, I would like to achieve my goal in 96 days doesn’t mean I am pushing towards it but I would like to set my mind and push towards that date just to see results not achieve my full dream body.

Also my last post was similar but due to an injury I had to postpone that goal. I have a body fat percentage reader and I measured 16% body fat at the time. I believe I am skinny fat because I look slim and stalky in attire but without a shirt on i have some stomach fat and you can see my rib lines up top.

Lastly, I should clarify by no means do I plan on getting my ideal physique 96 days from now I want to achieve a huge impact and transform to my current body.

I play Ice Hockey and suffered a injury which set me back when I made that goal a while back.

Hope this clears up everything, appreciate the responses.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lastly, I should clarify by no means do I plan on getting my ideal physique 96 days from now I want to achieve a huge impact and transform to my current body.
    You're talking about a years long process. Framing it in terms of days is setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    You're talking about a years long process. Framing it in terms of days is setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Thank you for the advice, anyway back on topic suggested was Fierce 5 Novice workout plan is there a proper diet to follow as well?

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ...Lastly, I should clarify by no means do I plan on getting my ideal physique 96 days from now...
    Good, because you've now only 95 days left not 96

This won't be universally popular and many will reply to disagree with this. But here goes..

Start Stronglifts 5*5 (free phone app, Google it) and run it from empty bar (although it's 30kg row and 40kg DL starting point) do it as written and don't try to improve it in any way or add anything extra. It starts ridiculously too easy but slowly it'll become a killer. The only thing I'd add is some chin ups (elbows out front, palms towards you) after every gym session

Then go out jogging 4 times a week. Always have one day of the week with zero exercise (this means 1 day of week will be run and Stronglifts, try to keep them apart by 2 hours or more)

Enjoy...

Thanks Tom, what do you mean free phone app? And to clarify you’re referencing off of Fierce 5 Novice correct? Also, are you saying take 1 day a week of rest zero exercise or 1 day a week of stronglifts and then 2 hours later jog? Another thing, how long of jogging a distance as well?

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Good, because you've now only 95 days left not 96

This won't be universally popular and many will reply to disagree with this. But here goes..

Start Stronglifts 5*5 (free phone app, Google it) and run it from empty bar (although it's 30kg row and 40kg DL starting point) do it as written and don't try to improve it in any way or add anything extra. It starts ridiculously too easy but slowly it'll become a killer. The only thing I'd add is some chin ups (elbows out front, palms towards you) after every gym session

Then go out jogging 4 times a week. Always have one day of the week with zero exercise (this means 1 day of week will be run and Stronglifts, try to keep them apart by 2 hours or more)

Enjoy...