Styz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can’t seem to lose anything

Hello everyone, I’m new here first post. I’ve come looking for whatever information you guys are willing to share. A little bit about me. I’m 26’ 5”11 and 238lbs I’ve recently met with an army recruiter because that’s where I see my future. The problem I’m having is losing weight in my waist and chest, I’ve changed what I eat and work out all my muscles in those areas but am seeing no change. Please help.

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Styz View Post
    Hello everyone, I’m new here first post. I’ve come looking for whatever information you guys are willing to share. A little bit about me. I’m 26’ 5”11 and 238lbs I’ve recently met with an army recruiter because that’s where I see my future. The problem I’m having is losing weight in my waist and chest, I’ve changed what I eat and work out all my muscles in those areas but am seeing no change. Please help.
    First step is to check out the link in my signature block below. It taught me a lot about nutrition.

Unfortunately we can’t spot reduce fat. So even if we exercise only our abs it doesn’t mean we will lose fat from our stomach. We lose fat by burning more calories than we ingest and our body decides where the fat comes off.
    S: 375 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    B: 300 pounds x 1 - 177-pound bodyweight 7/2019
    D: 405 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    OHP: 180 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    A great guide to nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How many calories a day are you eating?
    Don’t know?
    Track for a week with how you are currently eating, don’t change anything
    Then add all your 7 days together and divided by 7
    That is your daily average to maintain your current weight
    Eat 400 calories less than that average a day
    Get 160 grams of protein at least
    Get 60 grams of fat at least
    Fill in the rest of your calories how you like
    If you find yourself hungry cut out liquid calories and protein shakes, swap for whole foods, and swap high calories sauces for rubs and other lower calorie items. Then fiber/ veggies and lean proteins with carbs like rice/pasta/fruit/oats
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Basics first, you're not in a calorie deficit if your not losing

id read some stickies and watch videos

you said youre weight training so thats some added weight there

I dont like Military ht and wt and if thats your goal youre going to have to lose a lot

what weight do you need to get down to to get in basic training?
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

SaadyaSheik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its good to hear that you are losing weight. However, weight loss is not similar for everyone. It means that if two people lose the same amount of body fat, they may not get the same definition in the same areas

Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    Basics first, you're not in a calorie deficit if your not losing

id read some stickies and watch videos

you said youre weight training so thats some added weight there

I dont like Military ht and wt and if thats your goal youre going to have to lose a lot

what weight do you need to get down to to get in basic training?
    I need to lose 2% BMI my waist is too big. I have a ton of muscle from sports back in my day. Just can’t lose the belly

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Put the fork down and stop eating so much, thats the only way its going to happen man. Weight loss is very simple, if you eat in a calorie deficit (less than you burn each day) you will lose weight, if you eat exactly what you burn each day (maintenance) you will remain the same weight, if you eat in a caloric surplus (more than you burn each day) you will gain weight.

If you make a few changes and cut all the junk food out of your diet - no booze, soda (except zero calorie), fast food, burgers, pizza, chips/cookies/sweets, or other highly processed carbohydrates then someone your size should be able to drop weight fairly quickly.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Put the fork down and stop eating so much, thats the only way its going to happen man. Weight loss is very simple, if you eat in a calorie deficit (less than you burn each day) you will lose weight, if you eat exactly what you burn each day (maintenance) you will remain the same weight, if you eat in a caloric surplus (more than you burn each day) you will gain weight.

If you make a few changes and cut all the junk food out of your diet - no booze, soda (except zero calorie), fast food, burgers, pizza, chips/cookies/sweets, or other highly processed carbohydrates then someone your size should be able to drop weight fairly quickly.
    Believe me I understand, I eat 2 meals a day with high protein and veggies. I drink only water. I also work outside. Which is why I don’t understand.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Believe me I understand, I eat 2 meals a day with high protein and veggies. I drink only water. I also work outside. Which is why I don’t understand.
    youre eating too much. Actually weigh and measure your food then log it. Come back with results
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eating two meals a day says nothing, I can easily put away 3000+ calories in 2 meals. What are the calorie contents of those 2 meals you're eating? What is your daily activity level like?

If you're not losing weight then you're at maintenance or above and you need to eat less.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I need to lose 2% BMI my waist is too big. I have a ton of muscle from sports back in my day. Just can’t lose the belly
    i asked the same in another thread, but do you mean bodyfat percentage or bmi?

bmi doesn't sound right, because some bodybuilder could be "overweight bmi" while some skinny kid is sitting at normal bmi with a horrible body

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    i asked the same in another thread, but do you mean bodyfat percentage or bmi?

bmi doesn't sound right, because some bodybuilder could be "overweight bmi" while some skinny kid is sitting at normal bmi with a horrible body
    I honestly don’t think op knows what he means. You can not lose weight in just your abs. The only logical thing would 2 inches off his waist. Which again will be less calories in per day, not less meals not less “bad” food just plain old simple less calories and belly fat is normally the last to go
    Last edited by snailsrus; 08-04-2020 at 11:11 PM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You could eat literally nothing but boiled, skinless chicken breasts and broccoli every day however if you eat too much of it you will still gain weight.

As others have already told you, if you want to insure that you are in a calorie deficit then you need to weigh and log everything you consume each day.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.