x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Covid and Obesity Maher Style

Check out his 5 minutes on the obvious connection between the two.

There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post

Screw that guy, he needs to pick up some weights, he looks awfully frail.

I’m definitely obese but in a strongman kinda way, I can squat my BW for 20 without even close to being too badly winded.

I haven’t so much as had a head cold in near a decade. Back when I was a ripped skinny guy, I always got sick, sometimes for a month if I kept training through it.

It’s all BS.

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post

Good on him. Maher can say things that other people cannot (or will not) because he has consistently not given a rats ass for a really long time.

The very same thing can be said about a great number of illnesses. In fact, I would guess, most illnesses.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Before COVID, I was seeing a lot more publicity for "Healthy At Every Weight". The idea that being obese is not a health issue, it's all about whether you're healthy or not. And that people should accept obesity and not be told it's unhealthy.

I don't endorse bullying of any sort and some people were being descriminated against at work. But rather than take the sensible approach of taking a stance against bullying, the media was embracing HAEW like the next LBGT+ bandwagon to promote as righteous SJW and assert people's right to be obese and anyone suggesting a link between obesity and health issues was wrong and descriminatory.

I'm very glad that BS seems to be disappearing, but I'd bet if COVID goes, that BS will be back.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Who defines obese? If you go by those ridiculous charts I should weigh 179 lbs, at that weight I look like a POW victim.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Who defines obese? If you go by those ridiculous charts I should weigh 179 lbs, at that weight I look like a POW victim.
    BMI doesn't apply to muscular/athletic people. If you're in shape, you're smart enough to look in the mirror and know if you're fat. It applies to generally sedentary people who make up a large portion of the popluation.

OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    BMI doesn't apply to muscular/athletic people. If you're in shape, you're smart enough to look in the mirror and know if you're fat. It applies to generally sedentary people who make up a large portion of the population.
    Yeah, but complaining about BMI is like saying that a roofing hammer has no use because you can't cut diamonds with it.

BMI is very useful. When an average person walks into a doctor's office, the doc can assess that person easily. It "works" for 95% of the population (which is much better than most other measures). Of course it's imperfect and some people here will be outliers. Yes Corbi is obese ("obese" as defined by BMI), Duane Johnson is morbidly obese (as defined by BMI) etc etc Good for them. We all know that BMI is inexact, based on weight and height not bodyfat or any other measures. That doesn't mean BMI is no good --> it just means it needs to be used appropriately!

On that subject.. the nonsense gets worse, I read recently "BMI is racist" (or... "BMI wasn't even made for people of colour" https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/artic...7-4b74e35b1df8). Rather than recognise that BMI is not supposed to be exact, it's a basic "rule of thumb" to quickly triage ordinary people and it needs to be applied with common sense. If someone is very overweight and refused an operation, should they focus their energies on perceived racial discrimination, or do they need to divert that energy towards losing fat for their health?

If someone has low bodyfat and high BMI, that's a badge of honour, not a reason why BMI itself is "bad" (bad for what use?)

[/RANT]

Edit, tried to rep Corbi for his high BMI but on spread (Corbi, are you "overweight" >25 or have you actually achieved the holy grail of becoming "obese" >30 through muscle mass?)
    Last edited by OldFartTom; 08-04-2020 at 02:26 AM.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would have to gain 50lbs. to be considered obese.

Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    I would have to gain 50lbs. to be considered obese.
    I've just got to make some small incisions around my stomach and grab my vacuum cleaner. Sharing is caring. Post your address here and I can FedEx a bag of fat over to you. You're welcome.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post

Edit, tried to rep Corbi for his high BMI but on spread (Corbi, are you "overweight" >25 or have you actually achieved the holy grail of becoming "obese" >30 through muscle mass?)
    Currently bouncing between 28-29 on the BMI chart, I would have to drop to 192 lbs to get to 25 which is still considered overweight. i have been working on losing weight as a number of months back I was hitting 260 which was fat, currently 224-228 depending on the day, I want to get back to 210-215 which is where I personally feel I feel and look best...well as good as an ugly prick like me can look. I have pictures from 2009 after my heart surgery and I dropped to 205 and I hate them, looked far too skinny and sickly.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've just got to make some small incisions around my stomach and grab my vacuum cleaner. Sharing is caring. Post your address here and I can FedEx a bag of fat over to you. You're welcome.
    Oh lol no...I can gain weight all by myself. In fact, there's nothing easier in the whole world than putting on weight.

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This scares me, im obese but doing something about it..down from 43.4 to 36.9 since march.

nearly 7 bmi to lose until im not obese - thats annoying but took me years of laziness to obtain that level of BMI to stands to reason its going to take a while to reverse it.

The whole "body positiveity" movement has got to be knocked down a peg after all this, its just crazy it existed in the first place.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BMI means nothing on an individual basis. 31BMI checking in, with 10% bf Actually lists "obesity" on my chart by default in my general practioners records.

It does work in general to annylize populations, but it is not something an individual should use to assess health.

Just a simple waist meaurement is all that is needed really. People who have fat to lose know it. Most are in denail of how much. For those without excessive muscle mass, BMI is a decent indicator, but 40+ year old men who have years of training probably carry 20+ extra lbs lbm vs and untrained guy.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, but complaining about BMI is like saying that a roofing hammer has no use because you can't cut diamonds with it.

BMI is very useful. When an average person walks into a doctor's office, the doc can assess that person easily. It "works" for 95% of the population (which is much better than most other measures). Of course it's imperfect and some people here will be outliers. Yes Corbi is obese ("obese" as defined by BMI), Duane Johnson is morbidly obese (as defined by BMI) etc etc Good for them. We all know that BMI is inexact, based on weight and height not bodyfat or any other measures. That doesn't mean BMI is no good --> it just means it needs to be used appropriately!

On that subject.. the nonsense gets worse, I read recently "BMI is racist" (or... "BMI wasn't even made for people of colour" https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/artic...7-4b74e35b1df8). Rather than recognise that BMI is not supposed to be exact, it's a basic "rule of thumb" to quickly triage ordinary people and it needs to be applied with common sense. If someone is very overweight and refused an operation, should they focus their energies on perceived racial discrimination, or do they need to divert that energy towards losing fat for their health?

If someone has low bodyfat and high BMI, that's a badge of honour, not a reason why BMI itself is "bad" (bad for what use?)

[/RANT]

When look in the mirror, I’m obese, I can’t suck in my gut at all, but I can’t pinch much flab eithier. My obliques are not flabby, l just have beer belly, which I only drink about a sixer between Fri and Sat. I eat big though and I feel healthier than ever, Strong equals healthy for me.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    When look in the mirror, I’m obese, I can’t suck in my gut at all, but I can’t pinch much flab eithier. My obliques are not flabby, l just have beer belly, which I only drink about a sixer between Fri and Sat. I eat big though and I feel healthier than ever, Strong equals healthy for me.
    VAT (Visceral fat) is by far the most associated with health complications. Sub-q not as much. The good thing is VAT has a great blood flow and it is very easy to lose.

Long story short, if your waist is bigger than it was in high school, that is all extra fat you are carrying around your organs.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    When look in the mirror, I’m obese...
    No! Be careful, the word obese has a specific meaning, I think we're all getting scared to say "fat" so we're using obese as a euphemism and it's incorrect.

I once was very sternly told off by someone who is a senior doctor, she said something like "Obese is specific to BMI above 30, If someone has too much fat, then say they're fat, don't use the word obese if you mean fat"

I_D is s great example, he's managed to become obese by the weight of his muscle (not fat). That's a huge achievement! Extremely Rep worthy!

Edit: sorry still search on spread

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well whatever your current condition is, this Covid-19 gives you a reason to motivate yourself and improve.
    I am addicted to breathing.....
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!