Johnnyboy2110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight Loss Plateau

Hey Guys! Just here looking for advice on a plateau I’ve reached. So a bit of backstory, last year I was to my highest of 407 lbs, to date I’m ranging 326-330. It’s been a year and I’ve lost 81 lbs, but I can’t seem to go beyond the 326. Within the last year, I’ve done the intermittent fasting within periods. I’ve been working with a trainer for 3 days out of three week Since June, I’ve put in additional days for walking, it was 5 days Mon-Fri, but due to the pandemic I’ve lowered it to three. The walks are 3 miles each time in addition to the workouts with my trainer. But I just can’t seem to move over this plateau. Now I must admit, my eating hasn’t been the best for the month of July, but it has been controlled. Still not eating junk foods (haven’t eaten any since last year May). But there are some foods that have come back like burgers and fried chicken. But I try to limit those to at least once a week and usually before working out. Any help out there?

1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Johnny, congrats on how far you've come thus far... Dropping 80-lbs is no small task! I suspect you need to get your energy balance numbers properly calculated. Thereafter, it will become clear why you have plateaued. You need to be in a weekly deficit in order to continue shedding those lbs. If you ever need help with a custom diet/training plan tailored to you for reaching your goals, reach out to see if we would be a good fit to work together. Good luck, Johnny - you can do this!
    Without proper diets and effective meal plans dialed in, you might well be spitting in the wind.

safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Johnnyboy2110 View Post
    Hey Guys! Just here looking for advice on a plateau I’ve reached. So a bit of backstory, last year I was to my highest of 407 lbs, to date I’m ranging 326-330. It’s been a year and I’ve lost 81 lbs, but I can’t seem to go beyond the 326. Within the last year, I’ve done the intermittent fasting within periods. I’ve been working with a trainer for 3 days out of three week Since June, I’ve put in additional days for walking, it was 5 days Mon-Fri, but due to the pandemic I’ve lowered it to three. The walks are 3 miles each time in addition to the workouts with my trainer. But I just can’t seem to move over this plateau. Now I must admit, my eating hasn’t been the best for the month of July, but it has been controlled. Still not eating junk foods (haven’t eaten any since last year May). But there are some foods that have come back like burgers and fried chicken. But I try to limit those to at least once a week and usually before working out. Any help out there?
    Firstly well done on your weight loss. The only thing that matters to lose weight is to eat less than you burn. Fried chicken and burgers can be eaten aslong as it fits into your calorie intake. Yes you should be eating plenty fruit and veg for your health but the only thing that actually matters is your total calorie intake for losing weight. I suggest reading the sticky in the nutrition forum

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Big loss man well done!

At very high bodyweights you can lose quite a bit of weight just by cutting out snacks, sugary drinks and trying to eat healthily. This takes you below your maintenance without having to think about calories too hard and your fat drops off.

You haven't mentioned your diet very much. You may now be at the point where instead of just 'eating healthily' you actually need to start monitoring your calories and setting yourself a calorie limit for the day. Honestly measure and log everything you're eating and see what it adds up to (be truthful, include sauces, cooking oil, dressings and odd bits and bobs). It may add up to more than you think. With your lower bodyweight your maintenance has probably dropped by some degree. Once you've worked out how much you're eating you can deduct 500 calories from it to start losing 1lb per week again

Originally Posted by 1stCoachJoe View Post
    Hey Johnny, congrats on how far you've come thus far... Dropping 80-lbs is no small task! I suspect you need to get your energy balance numbers properly calculated. Thereafter, it will become clear why you have plateaued. You need to be in a weekly deficit in order to continue shedding those lbs. If you ever need help with a custom diet/training plan tailored to you for reaching your goals, reach out to see if we would be a good fit to work together. Good luck, Johnny - you can do this!
    And dude please stop plugging your coaching business, this forum is a free service. Go elsewhere, he can get all the advice he needs here

1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Big loss man well done!

At very high bodyweights you can lose quite a bit of weight just by cutting out snacks, sugary drinks and trying to eat healthily. This takes you below your maintenance without having to think about calories too hard and your fat drops off.

You haven't mentioned your diet very much. You may now be at the point where instead of just 'eating healthily' you actually need to start monitoring your calories and setting yourself a calorie limit for the day. Honestly measure and log everything you're eating and see what it adds up to (be truthful, include sauces, cooking oil, dressings and odd bits and bobs). It may add up to more than you think. With your lower bodyweight your maintenance has probably dropped by some degree. Once you've worked out how much you're eating you can deduct 500 calories from it to start losing 1lb per week again

And dude please stop plugging your coaching business, this forum is a free service. Go elsewhere, he can get all the advice he needs here
    No worries, brother... I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
    Without proper diets and effective meal plans dialed in, you might well be spitting in the wind.

Johnnyboy2110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the advice.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Big loss man well done!

You haven't mentioned your diet very much. You may now be at the point where instead of just 'eating healthily' you actually need to start monitoring your calories and setting yourself a calorie limit for the day.
    This is a really good point. It can seem a bit annoying to start to have to count calories but keep in mind that it's actually a sign of progress. Congrats on that big loss!
    Last edited by spradish; 08-03-2020 at 03:09 PM. Reason: spelling

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats on all that weight loss, no small feat. That being said if your weight is stagnant that just means that you're currently eating at your maintenance level, which means you need to tighten up your diet and ideally start counting calories if you're not already. No matter what you'll need to accept that you're still eating too much, which is why your weight loss has stalled. We all love fried chicken and burgers, but typically when I'm dropping weight those aren't things that I'm able to fit into my diet (though an occasional home-made lean ground beef burger with a lettuce wrap does though, but I will omit the bun).

Eventually when you get where you want to be you can start to occasionally enjoy those treats again, but you really need to have a good understanding of caloric value first.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.