uodrake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Night time hunger help

Hey everyone. I unfortunately gained a lot of weight during this pandemic. Like 60 pounds lol. I’ve started back to the gym and take a pretty powerful thermogenic and a husky preworkout. I use protein shakes to supplement protein intake. I eat a respectable breakfast, lunch, and dinner but my problem is my appetite goes into serious hunger mode during the evening up until bed. I probably consume at least 50% of my daily calories between 530pm and 1030pm. I’m going to try adjusting my snacking to healthier alternatives such as veggies and hummus and stuff of that nature but are there any appetite suppressants or other supplements that will help specifically with evening and night time hunger? I tried looking online myself but had limited success. Thanks in advance.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stop looking to supplements and start eating more vegetables, lean proteins, fruits, and whole grains.

Don’t drink calories.

Have some black coffee if you need a little more energy.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Stop looking to supplements and start eating more vegetables, lean proteins, fruits, and whole grains.

Don’t drink calories.

Have some black coffee if you need a little more energy.
    or decaf coffee/hot tea to help with hunger.

But yes don’t drink your protein try lean proteins with 2-3 servings of veggies and a complex carb for dinner. The fiber and protein will keep you full much longer than a shake. Also avoid mindless eating. Meaning don’t eat in front of the tv, or computer or while driving. When you eat just sit down at the table and eat, maybe have a convo with someone you live with or FaceTime dinner with family or friends
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It sounds like you need to eat more filling foods rather than just 'macro fillers' such as protein shakes. I tend to lean most of my calories towards the end of the day also to avoid this problem but I make sure they come from filling sources such as lean proteins, fibrous foods etc.

Ditch the 'Thermogenic', there is no such thing as a powerful, legal, non-prescription thermogenic. They are one and all a waste of money and will make absolutely no difference

Also I don't know your TDEE but surely eating a husky in the morning will exceed your calories goals? However I guess catching and subduing one is good cardio...

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    It sounds like you need to eat more filling foods rather than just 'macro fillers' such as protein shakes. I tend to lean most of my calories towards the end of the day also to avoid this problem but I make sure they come from filling sources such as lean proteins, fibrous foods etc.

Ditch the 'Thermogenic', there is no such thing as a powerful, legal, non-prescription thermogenic. They are one and all a waste of money and will make absolutely no difference

Also I don't know your TDEE but surely eating a husky in the morning will exceed your calories goals? However I guess catching and subduing one is good cardio...
    Lol nice joke

Not to derail this from OPs question, but do you find that backloading your calories has any effect on weight loss itself? Yes, I know, we're dealing with a caloric deficit over the period of a day, but there's a rate of reaction for all of the metabolic processes going on, such that the "day" is just an arbitrary unit of measurement.

Within that period of time, is eating the majority of your caloric intake while "sedentary" (even if that is a recovering sedentary) going to affect protein synthesis, glycogen storage, fat storage, etc.?
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Lol nice joke

Not to derail this from OPs question, but do you find that backloading your calories has any effect on weight loss itself? Yes, I know, we're dealing with a caloric deficit over the period of a day, but there's a rate of reaction for all of the metabolic processes going on, such that the "day" is just an arbitrary unit of measurement.

Within that period of time, is eating the majority of your caloric intake while "sedentary" (even if that is a recovering sedentary) going to affect protein synthesis, glycogen storage, fat storage, etc.?
    Most studies I've seen suggest better hunger regulation actually putting more calories EARLIER, not later.

There is also a benefit to sleep quality, NEAT during the day, workout intensity, and glucose/insulin responses consuming more earlier vs later.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000) AndyLausmax is just really nice. (+1000)
    Protein helps with satiety. Eat some cottage cheese (slow-absorbing protein) an hour or so before bedtime. Nothing more.

Also, spread your meals and snacks throughout the day so you won't binge at night. A protein bar and a piece of fruit for your snacks should go a long way.