LennoxConner is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice for weight loss nutrition??

Hello! First of all, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post on this thread or the fat loss thread. But since I'm asking strictly about nutrition, I figured this one should be fine.

I currently weigh 365lbs, with a goal weight of 199lbs by June 2022, and I've been on my weight loss journey for about 3 weeks. I'm down about 15lbs so far; I realize that's losing weight too quickly, this is because when I first started I made the mistake like so many other people of crash dieting, trying to stay under 1000 calories a day. About a week into my journey I realized how unsustainable and unhealthy this method is, so I created a new diet plan based on a bit of research online about calorie and macro intake.

I would really appreciate any feedback or advice from anyone regarding this example day based on an average combination of foods from my shopping list. Please keep in mind, there are more items in my diet plan that what is included in this example day, so the total calories and macros may differ slightly from day to day. But the following list is a good example of a combination of foods that I might eat in a typical day:

7AM - protein shake

9AM - Omelette with egg whites, turkey sausage/turkey bacon, cheese, spinach and tomatoes

11AM - broccoli with hummus and an apple

1PM - skinless chicken breast, brown rice, vegetables

4PM - greek yogurt with blueberries and a banana

6PM - salmon, quinoa, vegitables

total calories - 1840, total protein - 164g, total carbs - 177g, total fat - 37g

I also make sure to drink a glass of chilled, unsweetened green tea with breakfast, and at least 1 gallon of water a day. And I take a men's multi-vitamin with my morning protein shake. (any other supplements I should look into for health? fish oil?)

If I have a craving or a sweet tooth, I will have 1 or 2 dark chocolate covered cranberries to take the edge off

I am very new to this whole experience. 4 weeks ago I was drinking from 1 pint to a 5th of whiskey a day and my diet consisted of nothing but fast food and delivery! I am feeling so much better now and I'm excited about this journey!
    Last edited by LennoxConner; 08-04-2020 at 11:27 PM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Actually at your weight you can safely lose weight quite fast. You could even shave more calories off. First week will be a lot of water weight dropped - so your real underlying rate of fat loss is probably not excessive.

You are not getting enough dietary fat, this could lead to health problems. Aim for a minimum of 65g. Take calories from protein and/or carb.

You also don't need to have lots of small meals. There are some old myths around this - which talk about boosting your metabolism and such like - this has since been proven to be false. Actually, you may be better off eating only 2 or 3 times per day as this can help you control your appetite better.

1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First of all, congratulations, Lennox! You are on the right track and are taking the proper steps toward achieving your goals. Getting yourself dialed into sustainable diet that works for you over the long run is a process. Getting the math correct is essential - as is proper tracking and adherence. Without accurate numbers, results cannot be effectively monitored. I hope that helps some. Feel free to pm me if you'd like further guidance. Again, congratulations, and good luck in your journey!
    Without proper diets and effective meal plans dialed in, you might well be spitting in the wind.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 1stCoachJoe View Post
    First of all, congratulations, Lennox! You are on the right track and are taking the proper steps toward achieving your goals. Getting yourself dialed into sustainable diet that works for you over the long run is a process. Getting the math correct is essential - as is proper tracking and adherence. Without accurate numbers, results cannot be effectively monitored. I hope that helps some. Feel free to pm me if you'd like further guidance. Again, congratulations, and good luck in your journey!
    OP, don't get suckered into 'hiring' anyone off of these forums to coach/advise you.

You've got this. Good luck.

1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agreed... No one should get suckered into anything - anywhere!
    Without proper diets and effective meal plans dialed in, you might well be spitting in the wind.

paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are on the right track man. I can not give you any suggestions to improve what you are already doing.