Santeria46 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dealt with severe anxiety over my condition for last 10 years(pectus excavatum)

Hi all,

I have suffered with a condition known as Pectus Excavatum my whole life. While I've been medically tested to make sure it isn't a problem physically, it always made me insecure about my body.

I was the kid with his shirt on at the beach - that's if I didnt find an excuse to not go in the first place. While I am not a virgin and have had some experience with women, I was also extremely insecure about what would happen once I take my shirt off and it has definitely affected my confidence to approach and talk to them in the first place.

So, I was pretty athletic in the past, playing a lot of football and was generally very active. I also used to go to the gymbut I never put in the serious work or diet needed to put on any muscle.

Over the last 3-4 years I struggled with depression and other personal problems which led me to just not take care of myself at all. I stopped eating correctly, ate too little on a long term basis and with a thinning hairline, began to realise I'm throwing my youth away.

Over the past 6 weeks, with no access to a gym until 6 days ago, I started doing body weight exercises to get myself in shape, while completely transforming my diet and going from around 1400-1500 calories a day which was probably really unhealthy to 2400-500, making sure to get a minimum of 80g of protein a day. (I was eating around 40 till week 3, when I realised this was way too little)

I've uploaded some pics to show the depth of the hole and how skinny I was. I also believe I was what you call 'skinny fat' from a prolonged calorie defecit/unhealthy diet.

I've definitely noticed my chest improve but once concern may be that I'm eating too much now and putting on a little too much bodyfat?

I'd appreciate any advice people on here could give me on what muscle groups and exercises to focus/how much I should eat etc. I've now got access to a gym so just signed up and will begin the real strengh training from tommorrow.

Do you think it's possible for me to achieve an aesthetic body, despite the condition?

If you got this far, thanks for reading and look forward to seeing any feedback.
    Attached Images

alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's barely noticeable and nobody would care anyways. Develop some nice pecs to cover it up if you wish
    “The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." — Qui-Gon Jinn