watermelon223 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tired of Protein for Weight Loss.

Hey guys, so real quick I’m trying to burn fat/lose weight. I’ve successfully dropped 25-30lbs every summer but once work and school start back up I’ve regained it by stress eating. As you can imagine all the wasted effort is discouraging.
    I’m officially graduated now but I am sick of eating bowls of chicken to meet 150g of protein. So now I’m wondering, can I successfully burn fat by consuming 80-90g of protein without losing all my muscle? I wouldn’t mind losing like 10 lbs of muscle if I drop 20 or 30 in fat. But I fear losing no fat and only muscle. I plan to eat about 2k calories and burn 1k daily. I’m about 5’9 and weight 185.
    Every article I come across says protein helps fat loss. And the ones that address low protein say “weight loss is possible with low protein” or something to that effect, but they never specify FAT loss. Please help?

Overview/Question: Can I burn fat and lose weight with 80-90g of protein without losing all my muscle?
    Last edited by watermelon223; 10-07-2020 at 10:27 PM. Reason: My profile says 50 but I’m 21. Not sure how to change that.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you aren't eating enough protein, you could lose more muscle when losing weight (i.e. less of what you lose would be fat).

If you are tired of eating protein based foods, get some protein powder and have a shake once a day.

For example, I have a shake instead of a conventional breakfast - and then another one before bed. My lunch and evening meal both contain enough protein to push me up to about 160g per day in total.

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't just eat chicken. Vary sources. Beef, fish, eggs, lamb, pork. Then it's not a chore. And plenty of seasoning.