Registered User Hollytranter888's Avatar
    Hollytranter888 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Starting out at 12st. Goal= Lose weight, please help

Hey!
    I managed to lose weight well when I had my wedding last year, but since then i've piled on the pounds.

I'm 5ft 5-6inch, 12stone, I do a sport once a week.

At the moment I haven't been exercising but will be going back to gym now they are open.

I work shifts of 2 Earlies (7am-3pm), 2 Lates (5pm-1am) and then 2 Nights (11pm-7am) and then have 4 days off.

I've started intermittent Fasting and Week one was minus 3 pounds, week 2 - put on 1 pounds, week 3 was put on 3 pounds so i'm starting to get disheartened.

My goal is to get down to around 10 Stone - ( I was around this pre-wedding) and was well toned.

Food- I generally have breakfast at the moment at 12 midday - Toast, eggs and avocado, then ill have another meal - potentially a jacket potato with beans or some tortellini or steak and mash/ chicken and salad. then il have bananas and other snacks things throughout the day but stop eating at 8pm.

What would your plan be for me?

What are some possibilities for why i am not losing weight?
    Best ways to kick start?

Also to combat lower belly fat - even when i'm slim- this is still there!

I'm not after miracle fixes, just suggestions to help,

Thanks all

Holly
    Attached Images

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you weighing your food? If not, I would get a food scale and start. You'll be able to get a more accurate idea of how many calories you're taking in, and it should give you some insight as to where to adjust your diet.

It may just be a matter of reducing your portion sizes. There may be some foods that aren't worth it calorie wise that you may want to reduce/cut out.

What are your snacks?
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 355/185/380
    Best Meet lifts: 352.7/181.6/407.8,
    Best Wilks=370.84

snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    1. The only way to cut belly fat is to lose weight, fat loss can not be targeted to just one area by diet or exercise. 2. You loss weight by eating less food, fasting not not increase fat loss, nor does eating certain foods or macro percentages. 3. If you eat 1800 calories a day you will lose weight, unprocessed foods like veggies, lean meats, fruit, rice can make it easier to eat less because they make you more full. Also avoid drinking calories when cutting. 4. Do not add calories to 1800 to compensate for calories burned while working out, no one knows how many calories they actually burn and most grossly over estimate it. Also you don’t need a pre or post work out supplement or food. Only supplements worth buying are 1. Good multi with iron, calcium and fish oil
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bagpuss13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hollytranter888 View Post
    Hey!
    I managed to lose weight well when I had my wedding last year, but since then i've piled on the pounds.

I'm 5ft 5-6inch, 12stone, I do a sport once a week.

At the moment I haven't been exercising but will be going back to gym now they are open.

I work shifts of 2 Earlies (7am-3pm), 2 Lates (5pm-1am) and then 2 Nights (11pm-7am) and then have 4 days off.

I've started intermittent Fasting and Week one was minus 3 pounds, week 2 - put on 1 pounds, week 3 was put on 3 pounds so i'm starting to get disheartened.

My goal is to get down to around 10 Stone - ( I was around this pre-wedding) and was well toned.

Food- I generally have breakfast at the moment at 12 midday - Toast, eggs and avocado, then ill have another meal - potentially a jacket potato with beans or some tortellini or steak and mash/ chicken and salad. then il have bananas and other snacks things throughout the day but stop eating at 8pm.

What would your plan be for me?

What are some possibilities for why i am not losing weight?
    Best ways to kick start?

Also to combat lower belly fat - even when i'm slim- this is still there!

I'm not after miracle fixes, just suggestions to help,

Thanks all

Holly
    Hi Holly, This is purely my own experience but its worked for me. I too was around 12 stone after giving up smoking and basically eating all the wrong foods I am now a tiny bit over 10 stone and I have not done any cardio to get here...purely weight training and good nutrition mixed with the occasional plyo & calistenics training.
    You have to find what you love to do and do that....for me it was weight training, I eat more now than I ever have but I'm leaner and stronger than i've ever been.
    For me its a lifestyle not a quick fix so everything changed...I learned about food, nutrition, how my body works and what it needed and more importantly when it needs it - you have to find something that is long term sustainable for you, and what works for you may not be the norm for everyone else, and to be fair, looking at your shift patterns its going to be impossible for you to follow a strict " train at this time/ eat at this time)
    My first question would be what do you want to do? Cardio is great but its short lived as the body gets used to the effort so you have to work longer to achieve the same results - so if you go to the gym purely to run on a treadmill or a stepper you will lose weight to start with but you will soon hit a brick wall, get disheartened and stop...
    The body is a machine and a clever one at that so you need to be one step ahead and force it to burn fat - it takes a lot of energy for the body to burn fat especially stored fat so it will do it as a last resort - what you need to do is not give it a choice!

Change up what you do so maybe you do a mix of HIIT ( 20-30 mins of ur day and ur done ) or Plyometrics/ Calistenics/ weight training/ - just keep your body guessing so it cant get comfortable. I change my routines probably every 8 weeks or so, give or take and not massively just a shock tactic...
    Once your metabolism wakes up and you start dropping fat and gaining muscle - all you will want to do is eat ( I currently eat every 2-3 hours) and actually feel ill if I dont...I do not deprive myself of anything so none of this I dont eat carbs nonsense - your body needs every food group to function effectively, then you just hone it to what you are doing that day...so for example for me i I do a HIIT session I intake more carbs before I train so I have the energy...if Im on a rest day then I back off on fats and carbs but increase my protein....if I want chocolate I have it...but within reason.
    Dont over complicate this, find what you love to do..... be consistent, be in it for the long haul and you will achieve your goal. just remember there are no quick fixes and find your body is unique so find what works for you so if intermittent fasting isnt working for you stop doing it....by applying the " I cant rule" you subconciously set yourself up for a fall...you know you have made it when you look at a cream cake and go "I could, but Im not going to"
    Good Luck!!!