yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice about how to go from where I am (Gain or Lose)

Hello. I was hoping to get some advice on how I should proceed from where I currently am.

Main Goal: Gaining as much muscle as possible for next summer

Current Body: 30 years old, 5'11" and 210 pounds. Doctor told me I should be considered Obese at this weight although all my fat is located on my stomach and chest (skinny arms and not much leg muscle)

My main question is should I possibly go on a lose fat diet before I am for muscle mass diet? I am also confused about articles online where it states if you are gaining a pound a week then you are gaining muscles but at 210, going up doesn't seem to be good.

All advice is appreciated. I have also cut out all sugar (sodas) and sweets of any kind from my diet. I just have a meal once a week outside of home with my wife.

Thank you again, hope everyone is staying safe.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're carrying too much bodyfat, you have zero reason to try and gain weight.

However, you can cut bodyfat and gain muscle at the same time, especially if you're new to lifting.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yamatailor View Post
    Main Goal: Gaining as much muscle as possible for next summer

Current Body: 30 years old, 5'11" and 210 pounds. Doctor told me I should be considered Obese at this weight although all my fat is located on my stomach and chest (skinny arms and not much leg muscle)
    You are obese. Gaining muscle should not be your primary goal. You can still gain muscle but fat loss should be first on your list.

Originally Posted by yamatailor View Post
    I am also confused about articles online where it states if you are gaining a pound a week then you are gaining muscles but at 210, going up doesn't seem to be good.
    Yes, this is mostly true. Why do you thing you must do this? Why the confusion?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Focus on losing weight. An inexperienced lifter can still make forward progress while cutting the fat. Aim to eat at a modest deficit, and reach for good quality, nutritious foods. I'm sure as you lose the belly fat the musculature of your arms and legs will soon begin to catch up if you're working hard on your lifts. Good luck!

yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yamatailor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for that one. I'm currently working on maintaining a good protein intake but also focusing on losing my weight. Try to also use as much resource around here to better work on my food intake.

Well I was a little confused since if we should expect to gain a pound at most per week to gain muscles, kind of hard to tell if we are on a cutting diet. I guess that was my confusion.

Thank you. This is what I'm trying to focus on, reading as many stickies to better understand what I should consider in regards to nutrition and workout. I am taking everyone advice and focusing more on trying to lose my body fat before I make a turn (with healthy eating habits) for muscle gain focus.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're obese and new to training you'll be able to see some gains even while eating in a caloric deficit. You probably have a good 50 lbs to lose before you should ever consider bulking.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.