KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The food I doesn't matter as long as I hit my macros ?.

I was wondering If I hit my macros for the day, Will the source of the macros matter ?. Say I eat a whole pizza that's 2100 calories total with 80G protein, 70G fats, etc. Is that still as good as eating 2100 calories worth of chicken ?. My body will grow whether I eat hot dogs, pizza, or whatever as look as I hit the macros right ?.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As far as weight gain or loss? Yes.

Some foods lend themselves better to overall health and performance, even if the macros and calories are matched, depending on factors of the individual though. For example, I know for a fact if I were trying to lose weight, I'd perform better, feel better, be acquiring more necessary vitamins and nutrients and definitely digest better the same macro and calorie makeup in chicken, oats, and avocado than pizza. That will all have an effect on what the rest of your diet that day will be.

So, in short, calories in vs. calories out is what matters 99% for weight change. But you can make something like a calorie deficit easier or harder depending on the food choice. And you need to look at more than weight change when choosing foods as well, like the vitamin/mineral content of foods, especially if you're limited in a deficit.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For fat loss and body composition: it does not matter where your calories and macros come from

In terms of general health: It is advised you try and get some good nutrition from whole foods. This will keep you more satiated and improve your adherence to your diet. Also if you let your general health deteriorate through crappy foods it could affect your training, recovery etc. So in the very long run it could have an impact.

I veer towards filling foods and try and get a decent amount of nutrition. However I do not bother eating 'clean' and don't avoid sweet foods, pizza, takeout etc when I do feel like it (I just try to eat moderately and not let them take up more than about 5-10% of my calories over time). Life is too short to be choking down pounds of chicken breast and spinach

EDIT: looks like you are trying to gain mass here. Yes your body will grow regardless of where you get your calories. I tend to eat a tad more 'junky' during a bulk mainly just to reach my calorie goal. However the point about health and training/performance still stands

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need to hit your macros, micros and fiber target.

This is all explained in the stickies.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    "Is a pizza containing 2100 calories as good as 2100 calories worth of chicken?"

This very question is concerning as you are taking a food that is generally accepted as "healthy" and just assuming that means it's great to eat in ridiculous quantity. That's a hell of a lot of chicken, and too much of a "good" thing isn't better. That whole example is very flawed.

Yes your body will grow regardless of what the source of your caloric surplus comes from, but every other aspect of your performance will suffer. You need to be accounting for much more than just calories. As Mrpb stated focus on your micronutrient intake as well. If all you are eating is junk you are going to end up with nutrient deficiencies that prevent your body from performing, enduring, and adapting as well as it could, AND SHOULD, be doing.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    OP, as a quick and useful learning exercise, put both of your examples into cronometer.com and see what the nutrient breakdown is.

You may find that pizza actually has a more diverse range of nutrients than just chicken on its own. Probably lacking in protein but you get the idea - diversity can help.

You can repeat this exercise for any foods you like and see how it breaks down.

Aim for a calorie target. Aim to get 130g protein as a minimum. You probably have to include a fair bit of meat, eggs, dairy (or protein powder) to achieve this.

KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KB199605 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    As far as weight gain or loss? Yes.

Some foods lend themselves better to overall health and performance, even if the macros and calories are matched, depending on factors of the individual though. For example, I know for a fact if I were trying to lose weight, I'd perform better, feel better, be acquiring more necessary vitamins and nutrients and definitely digest better the same macro and calorie makeup in chicken, oats, and avocado than pizza. That will all have an effect on what the rest of your diet that day will be.

So, in short, calories in vs. calories out is what matters 99% for weight change. But you can make something like a calorie deficit easier or harder depending on the food choice. And you need to look at more than weight change when choosing foods as well, like the vitamin/mineral content of foods, especially if you're limited in a deficit.
    okay thanks

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    For fat loss and body composition: it does not matter where your calories and macros come from

In terms of general health: It is advised you try and get some good nutrition from whole foods. This will keep you more satiated and improve your adherence to your diet. Also if you let your general health deteriorate through crappy foods it could affect your training, recovery etc. So in the very long run it could have an impact.

I veer towards filling foods and try and get a decent amount of nutrition. However I do not bother eating 'clean' and don't avoid sweet foods, pizza, takeout etc when I do feel like it (I just try to eat moderately and not let them take up more than about 5-10% of my calories over time). Life is too short to be choking down pounds of chicken breast and spinach

EDIT: looks like you are trying to gain mass here. Yes your body will grow regardless of where you get your calories. I tend to eat a tad more 'junky' during a bulk mainly just to reach my calorie goal. However the point about health and training/performance still stands
    yah Im trying to build muscle. I watched some videos from bodybuilders. They eat 5-6 meals a day its mainly chicken/fish/etc and rice.......everyday.

Originally Posted by cljolley View Post
    "Is a pizza containing 2100 calories as good as 2100 calories worth of chicken?"

This very question is concerning as you are taking a food that is generally accepted as "healthy" and just assuming that means it's great to eat in ridiculous quantity. That's a hell of a lot of chicken, and too much of a "good" thing isn't better. That whole example is very flawed.

Yes your body will grow regardless of what the source of your caloric surplus comes from, but every other aspect of your performance will suffer. You need to be accounting for much more than just calories. As Mrpb stated focus on your micronutrient intake as well. If all you are eating is junk you are going to end up with nutrient deficiencies that prevent your body from performing, enduring, and adapting as well as it could, AND SHOULD, be doing.
    yah I feel the same way. Watching pro lifters on youtube, I legit only see them eat chicken,fish, eggs, and rice....that's it. I like eating things like panda express, five guys, waffle house. I don't eat fast food like McDonalds, burger king, wendy's or anything like that. The meal I get from waffle house is 900 calories and its has REAL eggs, potatoes, meat, etc inside.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KB199605 View Post
    yah I feel the same way. Watching pro lifters on youtube, I legit only see them eat chicken,fish, eggs, and rice....that's it. I like eating things like panda express, five guys, waffle house. I don't eat fast food like McDonalds, burger king, wendy's or anything like that. The meal I get from waffle house is 900 calories and its has REAL eggs, potatoes, meat, etc inside.
    I like eating fast food....I don't eat fast food. I highly suggest reading through the stickies in this forum and spending less time watching IFBB Pros on YouTube.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KB199605 View Post
    Where the food comes from and how it is processed matters far less than simply incorporating a diverse range of fruits, green leafy vegetables, starches, etc... To put into perspective, I don't believe in demonizing certain foods like "fast food," butter, cakes/sweets, etc... As long as in any given day you are still consuming enough foods rich in healthy nutrients as well. I would have no problem chowing down a Whopper and fries, but in that same day I would probably have a couple pieces of fruit, and a few helpings of asparagus, spinach etc...

.....one thing I do tend to shy away from is soda, simply because there are far better things I would like to fill my belly with than a 1000 calorie big gulp of sugar water.

1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, KB - this is true, however, quality and balance do count, especially for getting a good balance of micronutrients. What's most important is to find a healthy and balanced diet/meal plan that is sustainable and suits your personal preferences.
    Without proper diets and effective meal plans dialed in, you might well be spitting in the wind.