dominicjames56 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post 16 year old Bench progress

Hey I’m 16 5’6” and weight about 138lbs and was wondering if a 205lb bench 1rm is good? This max if from a month or so ago and I’ve been doing 5x5 bench since then and am hoping to hit a 225lb bench by October! Is this good for my age or what’s considered ELITE in the lifting community??

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dominicjames56 View Post
    what’s considered ELITE in the lifting community??
    What do you squat and deadlift?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    What do you squat and deadlift?
    Last time I did a 1rm for squat i was at 280lbs and deadlift was 250lbs:/ I don’t really think I’m that strong but what ever can only get better right

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    They would be pretty good for your weight and age if done to proper competitions standards - i.e. paused bench, squat to depth etc. But your deadlift being lighter than your squat makes me wonder about the depth.

Elite would be over about 130kg I would guess. I believe the record in your weight class is 200kg. There is plenty of powerlifting stats available online.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    They would be pretty good for your weight and age if done to proper competitions standards - i.e. paused bench, squat to depth etc. But your deadlift being lighter than your squat makes me wonder about the depth.
    Yea I definitely pause bench, I think bench is my strong suit *main lift I’m good at*

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dominicjames56 View Post
    Last time I did a 1rm for squat i was at 280lbs and deadlift was 250lbs:/ I don’t really think I’m that strong but what ever can only get better right
    Your squat and bench are good for gym lifting. The deadlift is average or below. I think those numbers would qualify for local level powerlifting comps but they're a ways off from elite.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It would depend on your technique.
    205 is just a little over 1 1/2 times bodyweight which is ok.
    If your hung up on numbers go to the "USPA powerlifting" site and see what their standards are for the 148 pound weight class(thats between 132 and 148 pounds).
    They have teen age numbers as well as junior and open standards from class four to elite.
    You can see where you fit in.
    You might want to look at the rules for each lift also to do PL standards.

KroKTer is not very well liked. (-100) KroKTer is not very well liked. (-100) KroKTer is not very well liked. (-100) KroKTer is not very well liked. (-100) KroKTer is not very well liked. (-100) KroKTer is not very well liked. (-100) KroKTer is not very well liked. (-100) KroKTer is not very well liked. (-100) KroKTer is not very well liked. (-100) KroKTer is not very well liked. (-100) KroKTer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Ur good!