LukeHaddock96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How's my diet? And how can i improve it

Hi,

I'm 23 5'11 and around 78kg.

I'm looking to cut down and lose fat before i recomp and i'm looking for advice basically on what im eating now and for the future. Am pretty basic when it comes to cooking so any simple recipes would be appreciated!

My standard day right now. Does vary but this is the usual.

Breakfast: Cereal(Bran Flakes) or 3 Eggs+2 slices brown toast
    Lunch: 2 cans tuna + brown pasta or eggs or chicken wrap
    Dinner: usually 300g chicken, brown rice, broccoli, green beans, carrots
    Snacks: Protein bar, Protein Works diet replacement shake+almond milk, Greek Yogurt 150g 0%

Macros:

Protein: 208g
    Carbs: 180g
    Fat: 47g
    Kcal: 2000

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No need to set a specific 'diet'. Eat a variety of foods to meet your daily macro goals. It'll take a little more time to determine macros/calories, but worth the variety of foods.

Note: Limit canned tuna consumption due to mercury.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LukeHaddock96 View Post
    Hi,

I'm 23 5'11 and around 78kg.

I'm looking to cut down and lose fat before i recomp and i'm looking for advice basically on what im eating now and for the future. Am pretty basic when it comes to cooking so any simple recipes would be appreciated!

My standard day right now. Does vary but this is the usual.

Breakfast: Cereal(Bran Flakes) or 3 Eggs+2 slices brown toast
    Lunch: 2 cans tuna + brown pasta or eggs or chicken wrap
    Dinner: usually 300g chicken, brown rice, broccoli, green beans, carrots
    Snacks: Protein bar, Protein Works diet replacement shake+almond milk, Greek Yogurt 150g 0%

Macros:

Protein: 208g
    Carbs: 180g
    Fat: 47g
    Kcal: 2000
    Read the stickies.

Up your fats a bit to reach the minimum (0.4g/lb). You can do this by lowering protein, which you are above the minimum for, or carbs. Some people fear mercury poisoning from tuna, especially if you're eating 2 cans for lunch everyday. I believe the recommendation for max amount is something like 2-3 cans of light tuna a week.

EDIT: Also, check the post above. You wouldn't have to worry about a lot of things if you just had a flexible diet, while meeting your macro minimums/preference and calorie target. You'd also suffer from less pallet fatigue from eating the same day in and day out. However, pallet fatigue on a cut probably isn't a problem.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama