Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

3rd Time's A Charm (cut)

I thought I would start one of these logs to use as another method to hold myself accountable. I enjoy reading and posting on other's logs.

Backstory:
    - Grew up overweight, when I was 17 I dropped from close to 300 down to 190-200. Diet change was all I did.
    - Kept that off for a few years then got back up to close to 300 around the time I was 23. Join a gym with a friend of mine and got down to around 190.
    - Got a new job 3 years ago that is pretty relaxed compared to my last job and slowly crept back up to the 305 mark.

About the end of May or beginning of June I decided it was time to make a change and started with just cleaning up my diet. 3 weeks ago I started lifting weights again along with eating better. I am currently down to 261. I have had a stall in weight loss the last week or so but am still sticking with it waiting for it pick back up.

I will try to remember to update this at least once a week with progress.

April/May Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 261
    Last edited by wilkinkc; 08-07-2020 at 05:08 AM.

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your story is pretty similar to mine (i have also yoyo'd over the years) Will deffo be following this log. Good luck man, we will do this!

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good luck, stay committed!

What's your starting weight for this log?

wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Starting Weight was 305 when I decided to make a change.

Current weight 261.

Revamping diet this weekend. I have been consuming way too few calories the last 2 months, and not nearly enough protein or fat.

New food plan moving forward. Will have to update with any olive oil I use etc but this is the base line.

I know my fats intake is still ~20g low but I am going to roll with this. The olive oil I use should help make up for that.

CALORIES PROTEIN CARBS FATS FIBER

TOTAL 1793 181.2 144.6 61.3 41.9
    Last edited by wilkinkc; 07-23-2020 at 11:51 AM.

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Not sure about the macros as i dont really follow them strictly (just try and get at least 170 grams of protein a day) but upping your calories is definitely a good idea. I'm currently on about 1.95k or 2.2k on workout days and lose approx 1-2 lbs a week.

With the weight lifting you should deffo be able to build some mass at the same time, upping calories and lifting heavy should hopefully help plateaus too.

Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    Not sure about the macros as i dont really follow them strictly (just try and get at least 170 grams of protein a day) but upping your calories is definitely a good idea. I'm currently on about 1.95k or 2.2k on workout days and lose approx 1-2 lbs a week.

With the weight lifting you should deffo be able to build some mass at the same time, upping calories and lifting heavy should hopefully help plateaus too.
    Yeah I may up them as time goes on as well. I went hardcore/stupid at first trying to get all the "easy" weight off. Time to get smarter.

TODAY

Weight :263. Going shopping tomorrow to change up diet. Hoping I start going back the right direction after a week or so of improved nutrition. No workout today, did Allpro's yesterday it was the last day of week 1. Resume week 2 Sunday.

It's my birthday so I'm probably going to eat some bad **** tonight since I really havent in 2 months. I won't go crazy though.

First day of new food plan. Probably going to take some time to straighten out from what I was doing but ready to put in some work.

1746cal 168.8pro 107.3carb 72.25fat 29.85fiber 1061sodium (all figures taken from online and food labeling) I know it isn't perfect but its way better than what I was doing before.

Every online calculator I use says my TDEE is about 2400-2500 doing Allpro's program 3 days a week and then doing light cardio on off days. Does this sound right? I just figured the 3 days lifting to be on the light side of things so I make sure I stay in a deficit.

34 male
    262 lbs
    6 foot tall

Calories seem on the low side? Sorry im not much help or particularly experienced but stats are similar, im 270lbs and 6ft - Im eating 2000 - 2100 and losing about a 1.5 - 2 lbs a week.

No doubt the weight will melt of you - but 1750 seems on the aggressive side.

Calories seem on the low side? Sorry im not much help or particularly experienced but stats are similar, im 270lbs and 6ft - Im eating 2000 - 2100 and losing about a 1.5 - 2 lbs a week.

No doubt the weight will melt of you - but 1750 seems on the aggressive side.
    Yeah I wanted to be on the low end Incase the calculators I am using are figuring my BRM and TDEE too high. Probably will add more after this first week.

But I am very pleased to announce after an almost 2 week stall I finally dropped under 260. 259 this morning!

Originally Posted by wilkinkc View Post
    Yeah I wanted to be on the low end Incase the calculators I am using are figuring my BRM and TDEE too high. Probably will add more after this first week.

But I am very pleased to announce after an almost 2 week stall I finally dropped under 260. 259 this morning!
    Thats awesome well done!

258.2 This morning. Very refreshing to see it moving again. 3.2 lbs away from losing 50 lbs.

Niice that's a massive milestone - I think once thats cracked anything is possible.

Niice that's a massive milestone - I think once thats cracked anything is possible.
    Thanks man. Yeah very excited to hit that mark. I think once I do I am going to reward myself with a Power rack

256.2 this morning. Get this last 1.2 off this weekend hopefully and hit 50 lbs down. The next 50 will be tougher but seeing progress keeps me motivated. Yesterday was the last day of Allpro's program for me. Going to switch to Feirce 5's Dumbbell Routine. I like adding in the overhead pull and the progression seems quite a bit quicker (potentially assuming I can get all reps on all sets). Need to get my rack ordered as I am outgrowing my dumbbells quicker than expected.

Have a good weekend everyone and stay on your grinds!

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job

Weight has been up and down a lot. Weight today is 255.6. Switched from Allpro to Feirce 5 dumbbell only routine. Friday I ordered a barbell, power rack, and some plates. Looking forward to getting them as my dumbbells aren't really cutting it anymore.

Thats great you have managed to source those..its tough right now! I have a pre order on a barbell set but wont be here till september.

Yeah I ordered the rack Friday and it said they are made to order and it wouldn't ship for 14-30 days. But at least it is coming. Rogue Fitness for the power rack. I wanted a Rogue barbell but they are sold out so had to go to ebay (I paid way more than retail) for it. The plates I found through Rep Fitness (plates on ebay were really over priced)

Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Motiviert has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Always in on logs for bros to better themselves.

254.00 this morning. 1st week of feirce 5 dumbbell routine complete. I hope my new equipment starts showing up soon. Ready to work past my dumbbells abilities.

great job on the weight loss mate, well done!

Thanks Randy

253.4 this morning. Getting a bunch of chores done around the house. Probably go for a walk or hike a trail later it’s pretty nice outside here.

Well my Rogue Ohio barbell showed you today. Now just waiting on the plates and rack. At least when the plates show I can start some proper deadlifts

252.3 This morning. Slow and steady its coming off.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well done

253.6 this morning. Between starting creatine this weekend/sleeping bad/having indian for lunch yesterday I half way expected this. Should be back in the right direction tomorrow.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn fluctuations, glad to see you're keeping on track, the trend is still moving downwards

You doing a workout side to this or mainly concentrating on diet for now?

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Damn fluctuations, glad to see you're keeping on track, the trend is still moving downwards

You doing a workout side to this or mainly concentrating on diet for now?
    I started doing Allpro's Routine 3 days a week. I am now doing Feirce 5 Upper/Lower split 4 days a week. Wanting to see if throwing in the extra day helps or not. I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make since I am going from full body to split but I am so obsessed with fitness at the moment I like having the extra workout day in my week now haha.

I get that too, an extra day or two is fun to have in there (well apart from when its hot as hell as it has been here) That weight must be the creatine waterweight. I have considered creatine but i think I might be to fat for it at the moment.

Good luck with the extra days man hope they see you some good results.