EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Sporadic Shooting Pains in Thigh

After the quarantine ended, I realized I had lost a lot of strength staying at home and so for the past two months have worked out an average of 5 days a week. Also, I didn't used to work my legs with much consistency or dedication, but this time I've been squatting and deadlifting every single week, progressively heavier.

This past week, I've had a sporadic, intense shooting pain in my left thigh, one or a few times a day. It's primarily in my left leg but also somewhat on my right as well. I'm thinking this has to do with my CNS recovering and (per my not doing legs often), "learning" efficiency, as my hip mobility and strength is poor and relatively untrained compared to my upper body, and I have seen marked improvement in both areas these past two months.

At no point did I feel like I hurt myself deadlifting or squatting, and this pain just feels like a nerve flare up, not any kind of a lingering ache.

Can any of you relate to this or chime in on what this might be? If it doesn't go away after a little while longer I'm going to get it looked at.

Thanks!
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 475

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bro, no, this is not cns. This sounds more like a herniated disc pressing against your sciatic nerve sending pain running down your leg. You probably rounded your lower back at some point on squats or deadlifts.

EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BromanianDL View Post
    Bro, no, this is not cns. This sounds more like a herniated disc pressing against your sciatic nerve sending pain running down your leg. You probably rounded your lower back at some point on squats or deadlifts.
    Hmm, wouldn't a herniated disc be constantly painful?
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 475

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"