HardGainersTry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HardGainersTry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HardGainersTry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HardGainersTry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HardGainersTry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HardGainersTry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HardGainersTry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Will dumbbell prices ever come down?

I was lucky enough to get some various high-quality dumbbells right after the pandemic started.

Wish I'd bought some heavier ones: If you can even find them now, they remain severely overpriced.

Before the end of the year, maybe?

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think we have beaten this poor horse to death. Low supply + high demand = elevated pricing. Supply up + demand same/down = pricing down. Supply same + demand down = pricing down. We have already seen a drop in prices from the initial spike as demand dropped (most people that HAD to have their home gym equipment bought early). As suppliers catch up, gyms reopen, etc. supply will rise and demand will fall (to some degree anyway, as many still don't want to return to the gym even if they can). If you have to have your stuff now, check listings very, very often or pony up the cash.

white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I own a kind of hard core old school gym and I understand you want hi quality dumbells, meaning like Rouge or Ivanko? Pay pay pay if you want, what I did 6 or 7 yrs ago was look on craigs for 1 inch 2.5, 5 or 10lb plates and they are out there and build yr own bro. I bought them cheap, sand blasted them, painted them and stenciled them even bought the handles just as cheap save for one or two of the heavier handles which I ended up buying from a vendor

I equipped my entire gym w 10-125 lbs in 5 lb increments that way for much less than brand new and yes they look bit old school but they all work fine. Just my 2 cents

triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triplechris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Short answer: July 2021 is my vote. Fingers crossed.

Long answer: I'm hoping the virus starts to get under control by Summer 2021. Whenever the "second wave" starts (this Fall 2020? Later?) it will be brutal. But hopefully in a year we'll start to see a vaccine trickle out (Rich people first!).

I think gyms in the U.S. will all shut down again shortly, and remain so through the 2nd wave (so until mid 2021 at the earliest). Yes, those that are opening now, will close right back down soon unfortunately.

That means pressure will continue to be exerted on fitness items. WHen things open up again it will be a different world in a lot of ways, with much death around us (United States) unfortunately. More people will say "screw that" wrt to the gym and won't go back. They'll buy their own dumbells etc.

Dumbell prices will vary in the next couple years, but will come down in about a year I would imagine, when the vaccine is ready. Meanwhile manufacturers will ramp up production by then. Demand will stay up through 2022, but Supply will catch up, stabilizing/driving down prices.

Personally I recently sold all my nice equipment for a little more than $1000 as I recall. I held on to a standard barbell, minimal standard plates, squat stands, spotter stands, and "star lock" dumbells. I also sold my Cybex adj. FID bench and built my own out of wood. Yes, hardcore. But there's a certain satisfaction in building your own equipment I'm finding.

I will buy *good* fitness equipment again in 2022, using the profits from selling the old, good equipment. My "old good" equipment was mainly Olympic Lifting equipment, all in Kg, which I no longer need. So On the shopping list now are 5-70 Power blocks, Rogue Ohio bar cerakote coating, Rubber/Urathane grip weights. I'm still waiting to sell my Concept 2 Model C rower, once my Model D is ready (Aug. 21, 2020) from Concept 2. I'll probably get the same $ for my Model C that I buy the Model D for! So I guess I'm playing the long game...
    Last edited by triplechris; 08-17-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When gyms are open again across the country the prices will most likely come down.
    That being said there will be a certain percentage that won't go back to the gym and be training at home so they will continually buy equipment.

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Depends on your area, if gyms are forced to close again, then obviously the answer is no, until maybe when new supply catches up to demand. In my area, gyms are open and doesn't look like they will need to close again. Used prices have come down a little since gyms have opened but they're still much higher than before the pandemic.

miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miggys3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Depends what your looking at

Are you looking at certain dumbbells? It seems like the popular quality items such as powerblock and Ironmaster are just out of stock. The cheap spin locks and such are no longer as cheap. Many of those who have started building home gyms might no longer go back to the gym so that will add to the amount of time that demand for home equipment is increased. This demand could easily drag on into late next year. I’m glad I started building my home gym years ago and basically had all my essentials pre pandemic. Good luck!

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by miggys3 View Post
    This demand could easily drag on into late next year.
    Seems likely. I had an IFBB Pro buy a bench from me last month and while we were chatting, he told me he called Rogue about an FID bench and they told him he could be waiting until Q1 2022.
    Last edited by Duplicitous; 08-09-2020 at 08:21 AM. Reason: typo correction

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've never known dumbbells to be cheap if they're fixed, but lately it seems to have gotten inaccessibly bad with them in particular. Personally I like the handles and plates route, saves money, space, but can be a lil slower to change. Versatile though, you can use those same plates on any of the other bars you own. Maybe get a few different length handles for a small investment, and you're set.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Seems likely. I had an IFBB Pro buy a bench form me last month and while we were chatting, he told me he called Rogue about an FID bench and they told him he could be waiting until Q1 2022.
    Legend is still quoting their standard 8-9 week lead time, thought about adding a Legend 3103 to my order and it was going to run about $700.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) charity4thepoor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    I've never known dumbbells to be cheap if they're fixed, but lately it seems to have gotten inaccessibly bad with them in particular. Personally I like the handles and plates route, saves money, space, but can be a lil slower to change. Versatile though, you can use those same plates on any of the other bars you own. Maybe get a few different length handles for a small investment, and you're set.
    Where u finding the weights boyo?
    Rog crew
    TB Lightning

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by charity4thepoor View Post
    Where u finding the weights boyo?
    Lately i've been checking back with repfitness every so often, they've been getting various sizes in almost daily. I got lucky and after a lot of patience and email subscription, was able to piece together 2 pairs of each size of cast iron plates up to 35's. Tried getting 45's but sometimes they're gone within 20 minutes haha. Got a sabre bar from em too, been really digging how it feels compared to my bent standard that needed replacing. But yeah they have been getting plates in unpredictably, they are obtainable, you just have to stay watchful of em and eventually your size will come in. They look good in person, baked enamel and pretty smooth around - but sometimes i'll get a rough edge. None too common and I can always file it down, so that's no sweat for a price as fair as that.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Stinkape will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stinkape will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stinkape will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stinkape will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stinkape will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stinkape will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stinkape will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stinkape will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stinkape will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stinkape will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stinkape will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I seen an ad for people giving away their wooden squat rack. So I assume things are going back to normal? Just get it out of my damn driveway!

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    def makes it hard to find the odd treasure at the used sporting goods store, thats for sure
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~