View Poll Results: how the injuries can happen?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • do stretching

0 0%
  • consult to people who understanding of injuries

0 0%
    vinviota has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinviota has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinviota has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinviota has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinviota has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinviota has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinviota has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinviota has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinviota has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinviota has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinviota has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

warm up to avoid the injury

when we will start exercising, there are times when we forget to warm up.
    this can cause us injury (we hope it does not happen).
    for the easy warm up, you can do stretching from down to upper body to relaxing your muscle.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    To be clear, the last link refers to programs that are beyond typical warmup and include a variety of exercises for strengthening stability muscles and working on motor patterns. A quick blurb about KIPP is here: https://www.luriechildrens.org/en/sp...ntion-program/

As indicated above, in general warming up has not been shown to have a great impact on decreasing injury. It can though help you realize if you are injured going into a session (any pain during warming up may carry over to the main session), and it can help potentiate your whole body to perform better with the actual session (which is the primary reason it makes sense to warm up in my opinion). Static stretching is generally frowned upon prior to lifting if holding stretches for 30+ seconds as this can decrease strength potential. A short cardio session to get the heart rate up (2-5 minutes), some dynamic stretches for whatever muscles you are working (<5 minutes), and then you should be good to go for doing your warm up sets in most instances.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    To be clear, the last link refers to programs that are beyond typical warmup and include a variety of exercises for strengthening stability muscles and working on motor patterns. A quick blurb about KIPP is here: https://www.luriechildrens.org/en/sp...ntion-program/

As indicated above, in general warming up has not been shown to have a great impact on decreasing injury. It can though help you realize if you are injured going into a session (any pain during warming up may carry over to the main session), and it can help potentiate your whole body to perform better with the actual session (which is the primary reason it makes sense to warm up in my opinion). Static stretching is generally frowned upon prior to lifting if holding stretches for 30+ seconds as this can decrease strength potential. A short cardio session to get the heart rate up (2-5 minutes), some dynamic stretches for whatever muscles you are working (<5 minutes), and then you should be good to go for doing your warm up sets in most instances.
    Would you not count sets with the empty bar as dynamic stretches warming up for squatting?
    I do, and find that any time I might have spent outside of squatting is better spent just squatting more.

The exception to this is stretching my shoulders to get under the bar comfortably, and that is a static stretch, though I'm not stretching a muscle that the movement will be using.

Side note : Third Poll option - We actually gather some knowledge of current debate in exercise science before posting advice on topics, especially injury topics
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Would you not count sets with the empty bar as dynamic stretches warming up for squatting?
    I do, and find that any time I might have spent outside of squatting is better spent just squatting more.

The exception to this is stretching my shoulders to get under the bar comfortably, and that is a static stretch, though I'm not stretching a muscle that the movement will be using.

Side note : Third Poll option - We actually gather some knowledge of current debate in exercise science before posting advice on topics, especially injury topics
    Empty bar sets can be dynamic stretches for sure. For me personally I do paused squats almost exclusively due to a torn lateral meniscus in my right knee that makes me not want to do dynamic movements at the bottom of a squat. I don't generally feel one approach is better than any other, probably best for most people to try different things and see what works best for them.