sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tear apart my 8 week program. In a helpful manner...

For those of you not familiar with 5/3/1... The first part explains it.

It's basically 2 days on. 1 day conditioning. repeated. Then Sunday to rest or do some active recovery.

Week 1: 5x5+ - 65%, 75%, 85%
    Week 2: 5x3+ - 70%, 80%, 90%
    Week 3: 5/3/1+ - 75%, 85%, 95%
    Week 4: 5x5 - 60%, 70%, 80%
    *Last set (+) means As Many Reps as Possible
    *Add 10lbs to lower body. Add 5lbs to upper body after 4 weeks then repeat. Retest 1RM after 8 Weeks.
    (X Sets of X Reps – Percentages bases on 90% or 1 Rep Max)

CURRENT 1RM :

Squat: 425lbs (90% TM = 382.5lbs)
    Bench: 315lbs (90% TM = 283.5lbs)
    Deadlift: 500lbs (90% TM = 450lbs)
    OHP: 185lbs (90% TM = 166.5lbs)

Monday: SQUAT/ BENCH
    High Bar Squat
    Leg Press 5x10
    Flat Bench with Sling Shot - Add 5% Weight
    Earthquake Bar 4x12
    Box Jumps, 20” – 20lb Weight Vest 5x20
    AB Wheel x 100

Tuesday: DEADLIFT/OHP
    Deadlift
    OHP
    Barbell Rows 10x10
    Barbell Shrugs 10x10
    GHD x 100
    AB Wheel x 100

Wednesday:
    Sled 40 yards x 10 (Push forward/Push reverse)
    *or*
    Row 3 Miles
    *or*
    Airdyne Bike 10 Miles

Thursday: SQUAT/ BENCH
    SSB Squat
    Pause Bench – Remove 15% Weight
    Incline Dumbbell Press
    Box Jumps - Weight Vest 5x20
    Reverse Hyper

Friday: DEADLIFT/OHP
    Deadlift
    Seated OHP
    Barbell Rows 10x10
    Barbell Shrugs 10x10
    GHD x 100
    AB Wheel x 100

Saturday:
    Sled 40 yards x 10 (Push forward/Push reverse)
    *or*
    Row 3 Miles
    *or*
    Airdyne Bike 10 Miles

Sunday:
    Play Day

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    531 % are always off IMO, too much pre work sets volume and not enough actual work volume.
    Amrap helps a bit

You might find you want to add drop sets after the work ups. (maybe not D1 as you have kinda done that with the Leg Press after)

Luckily you've thrown out the 1x lift frequency **** and I think you've laid out the exercises over the week nicely.

My only question is why the same deadlift twice and not a variation for the 2nd deadlift day?
    likewise with Rows

Rest looks cool, you could use a time limit for row n bike instead of mileage, and that let's the distance autoregulate itself so you do less when wrecked and more when you have good energy days.

I don't think you'll need a deload every 4th week, in fact I think it will probably be counter productive,
    I think two 3 week cycles back to back before a deload would suit nearly everyone better.

I also don't see a reason to test every 8 unless you really want too, taking the above approach you could train for 6 weeks, deload one and then the first week of the next block work up to 1@7-8 and use that to estimate your maxes accurately, then do the rest of that lifts workout.
    1@8s basically have zero impact on your volume work, give you an accurate 3rm which gives you a pretty accurate 1rm. And you don't waste training time testing.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sen2two has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    531 % are always off IMO, too much pre work sets volume and not enough actual work volume.
    Amrap helps a bit

You might find you want to add drop sets after the work ups. (maybe not D1 as you have kinda done that with the Leg Press after)

Luckily you've thrown out the 1x lift frequency **** and I think you've laid out the exercises over the week nicely.

My only question is why the same deadlift twice and not a variation for the 2nd deadlift day?
    likewise with Rows

Rest looks cool, you could use a time limit for row n bike instead of mileage, and that let's the distance autoregulate itself so you do less when wrecked and more when you have good energy days.

I don't think you'll need a deload every 4th week, in fact I think it will probably be counter productive,
    I think two 3 week cycles back to back before a deload would suit nearly everyone better.

I also don't see a reason to test every 8 unless you really want too, taking the above approach you could train for 6 weeks, deload one and then the first week of the next block work up to 1@7-8 and use that to estimate your maxes accurately, then do the rest of that lifts workout.
    1@8s basically have zero impact on your volume work, give you an accurate 3rm which gives you a pretty accurate 1rm. And you don't waste training time testing.
    You make some good points.

I have been debating on doing deficit, block pulls, banded or chained work on the second deadlift day. Just not sure which variation best suits me. Not really sure what my sticking point is for these just yet.

I also agree on the deload portion. I just did my first real 6 week program with the 7th week being a deload. Then pulled for maxes on the 8th week (this week). I think I will try out an 8 week block before a deload so I can have linear weight progression during the cycle.

Also, Not 100% sure about this. The first week of 5/3/1 is: 5x5+ - 65%, 75%, 85%

That is 5 sets of 5 reps, but there is only three states percentages...?
    Last edited by sen2two; 07-16-2020 at 12:34 PM.