Avansir is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Help with nutrition

I'm a 202cm, 84kg 20 yo male with a body fat of ~16% now I'm trying to gain muscle whilst losing fat so my goal is cutting 500 calories every day so in 8 weeks i lose 4kg of pure fat. I strength train 4 times a week and have a somewhat active home life and active work. The reason i want to lose fat whilst being somewhat skinny is because i want my muscles to show and have some clear definition without flexing. Now i may be getting this all wrong and what im doing is more harm than good as consuming 2700 cal instead of my recommended ~3200 cal might burn muscles too. Im trying to consume only nutritious food and completely cut out junk food from my diet, I aim to eat at least 175g of protein daily also. If anyone can offer some help and advice to a newbie it would be greatly appreciated, many thanks

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You will not use lean tissue for fuel if you are in a 500 calorie deficit and engaging in resistance training.

If you want some quick and simple advice, read the stickies.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Avansir is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    You will not use lean tissue for fuel if you are in a 500 calorie deficit and engaging in resistance training.

If you want some quick and simple advice, read the stickies.
    Thanks for the reply! Will i still be able to build muscle effectively or should i just bulk and cut later? Everywhere i look the sources conflict about burning fat and building muscle at the same time

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Avansir View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Will i still be able to build muscle effectively or should i just bulk and cut later? Everywhere i look the sources conflict about burning fat and building muscle at the same time
    It isn't that complicated.

You need enough protein and resistance training regardless.

Calorie level determines if you gain muscle and/or lose fat.
    - you MUST be in a net calorie deficit to lose fat
    - you MIGHT gain some muscle during fat loss - but this amount tails off to zero (or below) the larger you make the deficit.

Registered User NxUrAvgMealPrep's Avatar
    NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Apps like "Happy Scale" help see the trend in bodyweight while trying to lose or gain weight. Takes the stress out of weighing in everyday as yo worry more about the trend rather than each day's weight.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NxUrAvgMealPrep View Post
    Apps like "Happy Scale" help see the trend in bodyweight while trying to lose or gain weight. Takes the stress out of weighing in everyday as yo worry more about the trend rather than each day's weight.
    That app works very well, but even better if you DO weigh yourself everyday. Weigh everyday, input the weight. Takes 30 seconds and shouldn't be stressful. It gives the app a larger set of data to form a more accurate rolling average while smoothing out water weight ups and downs, giving a more accurate trend to follow as well. This is probably more important to the people trying to keep their rates of gain or loss minimal and slow.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama