omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Carbs or fats most essential for recovery and energy?

Which one of the macronutrients is more useful for recovery and high levels of energy? I basically feel better when my fats intake high.
    Last edited by omoruwii; 07-15-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    I enjoy erxercising mind, body and spirit.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by omoruwii View Post
    Which one of the macronutrients is more useful for recovery and high levels of energy? I basically feel better when my fats intake high.
    It varies from person to person.

Some people feel more sluggish on high carb and more energized on high fat

Some people feel the opposite

Seems like you've already answered the question for yourself

omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omoruwii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    It varies from person to person.

Some people feel more sluggish on high carb and more energized on high fat

Some people feel the opposite

Seems like you've already answered the question for yourself
    Personally speaking which foods give you the most energy?
    I enjoy erxercising mind, body and spirit.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A healthy diet does. Read the stickies please. Fat, carbs, protein, fiber and micronutrients are ALL important.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Generally, and I mean very generally speaking, you'd probably benefit from more carbs on heavier workload days and less fat, with protein remaining the same. On less intense days, more fat and less carbs, with protein remaining the same. That's how most people tend to be and usually what I gravitate towards as well.

BUT, if you genuinely feel like you progress, recover, and feel better overall with less carbs and more fats consistently, then that's the right answer. I do tend to feel a bit better in a different way if I lean on more fats vs. carbs on a more inactive day. More calm and can think a bit more clearly it seems, but it could be from a lot of things.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Registered User NxUrAvgMealPrep's Avatar
    NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NxUrAvgMealPrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's very difficult to give specific advise, you will need to try, low carb, low fat mixed etc. Calories are going to be the big thing that will help you recovery, the carb/fat ratio should probably be your own personal preference.
    You will notice once you're eating right your energy stays constant throughout the day, so it's very difficult to say that a food is "giving you energy". Does that answer your question or not really?

George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Both are necessary. I feel the best if I have protein/fat meals most of the day and just eat carbs pre and post workout.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From my personal experience I need to have carbs throughout the day its easily my highest macro. In terms of fats I usually have the little above the minimum even when I bulk. I have tried high fat diets and they are not for me just feel lethargic and get headaches too easily without carbs.

But to answer your question, it depends. From what science I have read recovery requires protein and a balanced diet dependant on the individual, therefore technically neither fat or carb are superior. For energy well I would say carbs for most people seeing as carbs are the first energy source utilised if available so it would supply energy quicker then proteins and fats.

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah. I've found this to be true for me.
    I did keto for years, never had a problem with energy. I just like variety, so these days I have moderate carbs most Days.
    I will do keto again though, only short term.
    Fat is more important overall IMO.

snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    From my personal experience I need to have carbs throughout the day its easily my highest macro. In terms of fats I usually have the little above the minimum even when I bulk. I have tried high fat diets and they are not for me just feel lethargic and get headaches too easily without carbs.

But to answer your question, it depends. From what science I have read recovery requires protein and a balanced diet dependant on the individual, therefore technically neither fat or carb are superior. For energy well I would say carbs for most people seeing as carbs are the first energy source utilised if available so it would supply energy quicker then proteins and fats.
    fats and protein are essential, carbs are not

That said most people have low energy on keto /no - to very low carbs
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    fats and protein are essential, carbs are not

That said most people have low energy on keto /no - to very low carbs
    At the same time, I think a lot of people go through that first two weeks of ketosis adaptation, and the "keto flu" that happens to many and call it off before their bodies are sufficiently ready to burn primarily ketones. Then they blame it on just have no carbs, when in reality, if they gave it more time they may think otherwise.

I did keto for over two years and loved it. But my body was completely different, training was completely different, lifestyle was completely different.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaxqen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I tried keto as an experiment and:
    - low energy
    - brain fog
    - less sex drive
    - hardcore constipation
    - I would have slapped 100 innocent babies in a row for some potatoes (fries, baked, mashed, whatever), pasta, a good bread, pizza, donuts, pancakes, pie, cookies, cake, fried rice, popcorn

Not to mention those idiots with their carnivore diet, who only eat meat and/or eggs.
    I'd rather go vegan. At least I'd have potatoes and other good foods.

People feel better when their fat intake is higher (while not on keto, just normal diets) because usually they eat more calories.