Reply
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User ShoulderTear's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    ShoulderTear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ShoulderTear is offline

    Spinatus Shoulder Tear

    Hey, I have a question.
    does a small tear in the spinatus shoulder, can recover without surgery?
    i wont write a letter in here, so ill make it short ( so it wont be long ).
    I have a tear for 8~9 months, did physioteraphy, didnt help, ill have another theraphy in 1.5month~2 months.

    the shoulder aurthopedic want to do PRP before surgery ( he prefer not to surgery, especially cus i have diabetes type 1 - new sadly ).
    but PRP is too damn expensive and it wont fix the tear, it can help for the pain ( like physioteraphy ).

    so my final question.
    can i heal from a tear completely, not pain, but recover to not have a tear, by any other way then surgery?
    and about rotator cuff exercises, will it help if i do it? and can i do it every day? ( im doing light weight 2~3 exercises 3kg )
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User Szyszak's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 62
    Rep Power: 27
    Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Szyszak is offline
    Originally Posted by ShoulderTear View Post
    Hey, I have a question.
    does a small tear in the spinatus shoulder, can recover without surgery?
    i wont write a letter in here, so ill make it short ( so it wont be long ).
    I have a tear for 8~9 months, did physioteraphy, didnt help, ill have another theraphy in 1.5month~2 months.

    the shoulder aurthopedic want to do PRP before surgery ( he prefer not to surgery, especially cus i have diabetes type 1 - new sadly ).
    but PRP is too damn expensive and it wont fix the tear, it can help for the pain ( like physioteraphy ).

    so my final question.
    can i heal from a tear completely, not pain, but recover to not have a tear, by any other way then surgery?
    and about rotator cuff exercises, will it help if i do it? and can i do it every day? ( im doing light weight 2~3 exercises 3kg )
    Hey, I am not a doctor, but basically if you have a tear, you are not able to raise your arm without really big pain. Orthopedic used to tell me that I have a tear based on MRI, but turns out I am completly healed now and all what helped me was sleeper stretch. I was lacking of internal rotation, and everytime I did something overhead there was an inflamation on supraspinatus tendon. You need to find a cause of your shoulder problem, whether it's lack of mobility that's why u got impigement or it's postural issues like rounded shoulders, forward head posture or maybe your scapula doesnt move like it should - disturbed scapulohumeral rhythm. Oh and forgot to mention, what is good for tendon inflamation - massages and eccentric movements with light weigh.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User ShoulderTear's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    ShoulderTear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ShoulderTear is offline
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    Hey, I am not a doctor, but basically if you have a tear, you are not able to raise your arm without really big pain. Orthopedic used to tell me that I have a tear based on MRI, but turns out I am completly healed now and all what helped me was sleeper stretch. I was lacking of internal rotation, and everytime I did something overhead there was an inflamation on supraspinatus tendon. You need to find a cause of your shoulder problem, whether it's lack of mobility that's why u got impigement or it's postural issues like rounded shoulders, forward head posture or maybe your scapula doesnt move like it should - disturbed scapulohumeral rhythm. Oh and forgot to mention, what is good for tendon inflamation - massages and eccentric movements with light weigh.
    Thanks for the answer.
    about shoulder, im walking straight.
    about others, i didnt go to the gym for years now ( personal reason, and army reasons ).
    about the pain - here how it is:
    i can do everything as normal, but lets say i lifted overhead like you said, i will feel pain, mostly shoulder exercises, but currently my training is street only - pull ups and such.
    im doing only push ups ( not feelign any pain ) and pull ups ( that is where the pain is felt ), dips will hurt my shoulder as hell so not doing it.

    the pain started from physical work, and such... wont write a letter now explaining all xd.
    about it, ill try physioteraphy again, and see if it goes... thanks.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User Szyszak's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 62
    Rep Power: 27
    Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Szyszak is offline
    Originally Posted by ShoulderTear View Post
    Thanks for the answer.
    about shoulder, im walking straight.
    about others, i didnt go to the gym for years now ( personal reason, and army reasons ).
    about the pain - here how it is:
    i can do everything as normal, but lets say i lifted overhead like you said, i will feel pain, mostly shoulder exercises, but currently my training is street only - pull ups and such.
    im doing only push ups ( not feelign any pain ) and pull ups ( that is where the pain is felt ), dips will hurt my shoulder as hell so not doing it.

    the pain started from physical work, and such... wont write a letter now explaining all xd.
    about it, ill try physioteraphy again, and see if it goes... thanks.
    I think it can be intresting for you - basically if you do a lot of push ups and pull ups and not balancing it with other movement like hand stand, australian row (horizontal pull ups) you can develop imbalance it means your lats and pecs gonna be in big domination. And if those two muscles are in big domination they can depress your shoulders, also your scapula will be depressed cause it's connected. And in that case you will lack of good upward rotation because your shoulders sit too low and it can cause a lot of problems with shoulder joint like rotator cuff inflamation during overhead activity even nerve compression ... Check out your clavicles level if they are horizontal you might have depressed shoulders, and in that case you wanna minimaize pull ups and focus on good upward rotation. Best exercise for upward rotation are like landmine press, over head shrug, over head hold, hand stand. But before start doing them lats and pecs have to be relaxed and stretched otherwise they will keep pushing your shoulder blades down

    And yeah dips are not a good choice in this case, cause serratus anterior has to be in good condition to stabilize in shoulder joint in that position and people who have depressed shoulder they have it actually very weak xd
    Last edited by Szyszak; 07-16-2020 at 04:28 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User ShoulderTear's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    ShoulderTear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ShoulderTear is offline
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    I think it can be intresting for you - basically if you do a lot of push ups and pull ups and not balancing it with other movement like hand stand, australian row (horizontal pull ups) you can develop imbalance it means your lats and pecs gonna be in big domination. And if those two muscles are in big domination they can depress your shoulders, also your scapula will be depressed cause it's connected. And in that case you will lack of good upward rotation because your shoulders sit too low and it can cause a lot of problems with shoulder joint like rotator cuff inflamation during overhead activity even nerve compression ... Check out your clavicles level if they are horizontal you might have depressed shoulders, and in that case you wanna minimaize pull ups and focus on good upward rotation. Best exercise for upward rotation are like landmine press, over head shrug, over head hold, hand stand. But before start doing them lats and pecs have to be relaxed and stretched otherwise they will keep pushing your shoulder blades down

    And yeah dips are not a good choice in this case, cause serratus anterior has to be in good condition to stabilize in shoulder joint in that position and people who have depressed shoulder they have it actually very weak xd
    about what you said, im not in the gym so its a problem ( im doing street-workout ).
    about handstand - lol... not even close to it.
    ill try to find some exercise for my shoulder.
    for now i guess ill stick to the rotator cuff exercises.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User Szyszak's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 62
    Rep Power: 27
    Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Szyszak is offline
    Originally Posted by ShoulderTear View Post
    about what you said, im not in the gym so its a problem ( im doing street-workout ).
    about handstand - lol... not even close to it.
    ill try to find some exercise for my shoulder.
    for now i guess ill stick to the rotator cuff exercises.
    If you cant do handstand it means you found that weak point in your body and you can always regress with handstand, like performing pike push up or just pike hold, any kind of press which provide upward rotation and you can feel that upper traps working with serratus.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User ShoulderTear's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    ShoulderTear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ShoulderTear is offline
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    If you cant do handstand it means you found that weak point in your body and you can always regress with handstand, like performing pike push up or just pike hold, any kind of press which provide upward rotation and you can feel that upper traps working with serratus.
    well , handstand basically , i cant get to that position, im afraid lol.
    about pike pushups, problem is i need to do knuckle ones, is it possible? cus i think it will hurt me real bad... my left hand has a dislocated fracture, which healed wrong, so im doing knuckle push ups for my hand ( normal push ups hurt me real bad - or any exercise where my hand a little slip backward and have a U shape or something close ). ill try it maybe next time, thanks!!
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User Szyszak's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 62
    Rep Power: 27
    Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Szyszak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Szyszak is offline
    Originally Posted by ShoulderTear View Post
    well , handstand basically , i cant get to that position, im afraid lol.
    about pike pushups, problem is i need to do knuckle ones, is it possible? cus i think it will hurt me real bad... my left hand has a dislocated fracture, which healed wrong, so im doing knuckle push ups for my hand ( normal push ups hurt me real bad - or any exercise where my hand a little slip backward and have a U shape or something close ). ill try it maybe next time, thanks!!
    knucle push ups would be fine too, just dont push urself and dont go through a lot of pain cause that's not the point. Always listen to your body, and if you have a chance maybe try to contact a good PT specializing in sport medicine, so he can choose right exercises adjusted to your condition. Gluck man, hope u get better asap.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User ShoulderTear's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    ShoulderTear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ShoulderTear is offline
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    knucle push ups would be fine too, just dont push urself and dont go through a lot of pain cause that's not the point. Always listen to your body, and if you have a chance maybe try to contact a good PT specializing in sport medicine, so he can choose right exercises adjusted to your condition. Gluck man, hope u get better asap.
    Thanks again. I hope so too.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts