Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000)

guy i know got pissed with me cos i think wearing masks is pointless

For american miscers that are unaware, the UK hasn't had any orders making its mandatory to wear masks for the entire pandemic. Sure we had more deaths than most countries in Europe, but we are one of the most densely populated and oldest in Europe. We would have deaths to a high degree even if we had a lockdown that was started earlier.

Well now, with barely 500 infections a day, we are going to be made to wear them from the 24th of July...which seems pointless to me.

Well i was talking to a friend on the phone, haven't seen him in 7 months. Hes a lefty but generally speaking i get along fine with him. The conversation about masks came up and i said i was annoyed as i work part time currently in shop (old job i had as a undergrad), and it means now im gonna have to wear a mask for no reason 8 hours a day which pissed me off.

He got really angry at me and said im entitled and didn't care about other people. All i really said was if they are useful, why the hell are they making us HAVE to wear one now? Ive worked 6 sometimes 7 days a week during the peak its fine. We ended the call on bad terms.

Is this really how people who are super pro lock-down/unquestioning of the science behind it all are? Its sad.

Im not even anti-mask, i just dont see why we need to start wearing them now. By the 24th there will be even less infections lmao. This guy hasnt left his house for like 3 months now, the world isnt ending its fine, im going to the pub.

But srs you USA miscers did go back to normal a bit to early, good luck to you all.

Hairier than a gorilla ppscalzo's Avatar
    ppscalzo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ppscalzo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ppscalzo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ppscalzo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ppscalzo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ppscalzo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ppscalzo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ppscalzo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ppscalzo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ppscalzo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ppscalzo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dude my city has 3 active cases (our pop is about 110k) and our mayor announced he is thinking about mandatory masks. Some people just do whatever the media tells them to do.
    *Would give it all up to be a monk crew*

PRs
    DL: 565
    S: 495
    B: 405

Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ppscalzo View Post
    Dude my city has 3 active cases (our pop is about 110k) and our mayor announced he is thinking about mandatory masks. Some people just do whatever the media tells them to do.

i know its so dumb, like id understand if we have a massive spike or something, or a city had a lot of outbreaks, but we are still going down in infections. we might never get a effective vaccine for years, we cannot really be expected to socially distance and wear masks in all premices for years? This will destroy business and push everyone to do online shopping.

donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    id argue people that are pro masks are pro masks because they want things to open back up.

Thats where i stand. Now I dont live in Europe so I am not up to speed on the details of where you stand.

Practically speaking...... mask are supposed to aid in the reduction of risk of spread of the virus. If that is the case, why would anyone be against that? That would help things open up quicker no?

Or is this more of a philosophical/feelings discussion? IE - I dont want to be told to wear a mask because of muh rights....

irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by donblaximus View Post
    id argue people that are pro masks are pro masks because they want things to open back up.

Thats where i stand. Now I dont live in Europe so I am not up to speed on the details of where you stand.

Practically speaking...... mask are supposed to aid in the reduction of risk of spread of the virus. If that is the case, why would anyone be against that? That would help things open up quicker no?

Or is this more of a philosophical/feelings discussion? IE - I dont want to be told to wear a mask because of muh rights....
    Finally, a reasonable answer.

Not sure why miscers are so anti-mask. It's either they're going to close everything down again (California) or they can open everything up but employ a mandatory mask order for private businesses or public transport. It's a ****ing piece of cloth and miscers are out here thinking it's the scarlet letter or something.
    RIP Lil Peep
    RIP XXXTentacion
    RIP Mac Miller
    RIP Nipsey Hussle
    RIP Juice WRLD
    RIP Neil Peart
    RIP Kobe Bryant
    RIP Pop Smoke

donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by irollurmom View Post

Not sure why miscers are so anti-mask. It's either they're going to close everything down again (California) or they can open everything up but employ a mandatory mask order for private businesses or public transport. It's a ****ing piece of cloth and miscers are out here thinking it's the scarlet letter or something.
    Agreed....its definitely not awesome to have to wear a mask or to have to be aware of social distancing. But this is the new new until things get figured out. The winners will figure out how to deal with the current situation and the losers will sit around and cry about philosophical things. Life is about ingesting what is being thrown at you and flowing with it.

Yes it reduces the spread of the virus, but why is it neccessary when we are nearing the end of the pandemic? Its pointless. We arent getting deaths in large quantities we are at best in double digits. We have barely a few hundred cases recorded a day and we have the highest number of tests conducted in any country (in proportion of the population)

Plus i have a deviated deviated septum so cant breath through my nose that well so im gunna be mouth breathing like a Neanderthal for hours every day.

Originally Posted by irollurmom View Post

im not anti mask read my post. dispute what i said, we arent the US we arent as spread out as you. There is no need for a mask if the infections are going down and are almost not worth mentioning. Yours are still going up.

irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irollurmom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rad203 View Post
    im not anti mask read my post. dispute what i said, we arent the US we arent as spread out as you. There is no need for a mask if the infections are going down and are almost not worth mentioning. Yours are still going up.
    That was directed more towards USA miscers than you, but wearing masks to prevent a spike in cases is still a valid reason.
    RIP Lil Peep
    RIP XXXTentacion
    RIP Mac Miller
    RIP Nipsey Hussle
    RIP Juice WRLD
    RIP Neil Peart
    RIP Kobe Bryant
    RIP Pop Smoke

Yes it reduces the spread of the virus, but why is it neccessary when we are nearing the end of the pandemic? Its pointless. We arent getting deaths in large quantities we are at best in double digits. We have barely a few hundred cases recorded a day and we have the highest number of tests conducted in any country (in proportion of the population)

Plus i have a deviated deviated septum so cant breath through my nose that well so im gunna be mouth breathing like a Neanderthal for hours every day.
    As noted I am not looking at your data particularly and Im not sure you are looking at all the data (do you have access to all the details?) Maybe experts in your area are looking at the incoming data and making calls based on projections? And no, we are not "near the end" of the pandemic. Until there is a vaccine we will be dealing with this. Be prepared for the long haul and if something changes quicker, than great! Thats how I manage my business and personal expectations.

If you have a deviated septum, sounds like a good time to have a good reason to get this fixed. Its probably best for health (with our without pandemic) anyways no?

Originally Posted by Rabbitjb View Post
    And that’s the reason

Going down not eradicated

1 person spreads to 3
    3 spread to 9
    9 spread to 27
    27 to 81
    81 to 243
    243 to 729
    By the time you hit the 10th level you’re at 59000

Wear the mask
    so how many daily infections do we need before wearing a mask is no longer needed? it was 500 a day in the UK yesterday. 400? 100?

If we had the situation in the US id tend to agree but there is no need to, there is no pandemic anymore in this country. Why is it only now, in July, that its suddenly a requirement?

As noted I am not looking at your data particularly and Im not sure you are looking at all the data (do you have access to all the details?) Maybe experts in your area are looking at the incoming data and making calls based on projections? And no, we are not "near the end" of the pandemic. Until there is a vaccine we will be dealing with this. Be prepared for the long haul and if something changes quicker, than great! Thats how I manage my business and personal expectations.

If you have a deviated septum, sounds like a good time to have a good reason to get this fixed. Its probably best for health (with our without pandemic) anyways no?
    mate there is no guratee a vaccine will arrive for even years. You cannot actually expect people to practice social distancing and wear masks for the odd deaths we have in my country (the UK) every day can you?

The government is only doing as they think it will make more people come out.

I will tell you what will happen: less people will go to the shops less, that are desperate and actually need business, and instead they will do more online shopping. Workers like me and smaller businesses. If this was anyway as logical as it sounds they'd apply it to all venues but its ONLY for shops, not pubs or bars where people are shoulder to shoulder and yelling and shouting.

Of like 100 staff at my place i work i think like 4 wear masks? Now we all have to wear one.

We only test on symptoms

There’s a lag in data

And the country is only just starting to open up, gyms are still closed, schools go back fully in 6 weeks

We don’t need morons moroning as though they’re making some political stance over basic health precautions

We need effective treatment protocols, so we need to hold on a few months
    If there was evidence of a spike theyd lock down a local area, like they did to Leicester. There is no need to do it for just one area of the economy (shops), but no where else. its dumb.

No, u
    No u too.

MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    People are too stupid to understand the probabilistic concept of wearing a mask. Even 70% of people wearing a mask would probably do the job.

People that bitch about the small % who don't just want to bitch. **** em

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't wear one because I'm not sick. Pretty sure they do nothing when no ones sick. I live in a conservative suburban area so its not a big deal no one cares.

alltrapbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alltrapbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alltrapbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alltrapbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alltrapbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alltrapbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alltrapbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alltrapbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alltrapbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alltrapbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) alltrapbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’m with you Opie. My intuition is that where counter measures are concerned you either go hard or not at all.

Introducing this mask chit now is simply too little too late and strikes me as utterly pointless.

davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) davik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the problem with the mask debate is the pro maskers most likely arent even wearing the proper masks

Originally Posted by alltrapbrah View Post
    I’m with you Opie. My intuition is that where counter measures are concerned you either go hard or not at all.

Introducing this mask chit now is simply too little too late and strikes me as utterly pointless.
    i agree, this is imo why i think the US is still having infections now, you guys, especially in the less harder hit areas got to lax when it seemed okay and new your getting more infections and the karens have got you back in lockdown.

mate there is no guratee a vaccine will arrive for even years. You cannot actually expect people to practice social distancing and wear masks for the odd deaths we have in my country (the UK) every day can you?

The government is only doing as they think it will make more people come out.

I will tell you what will happen: less people will go to the shops less, that are desperate and actually need business, and instead they will do more online shopping. Workers like me and smaller businesses. If this was anyway as logical as it sounds they'd apply it to all venues but its ONLY for shops, not pubs or bars where people are shoulder to shoulder and yelling and shouting.

Of like 100 staff at my place i work i think like 4 wear masks? Now we all have to wear one.
    I agree this will be a few years. Look at Asia, they have been wearing mask for as long as my children have been alive.
    This is the new normal, time to make some adjustments.

i agree, this is imo why i think the US is still having infections now, you guys, especially in the less harder hit areas got to lax when it seemed okay and new your getting more infections and the karens have got you back in lockdown.
    Ok cool. Im doing what I need to do to secure my family both financially and physically.
    I am modifying all my exposed businesses to do survive and thrive in this new world.
    If I walk into an establishment and they are not practicing safe measures, they wont get my business. Their choice.
    My family and I will be 100% fine whether you choose to wear a mask or not.

MiscInformed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MiscInformed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MiscInformed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MiscInformed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MiscInformed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MiscInformed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MiscInformed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MiscInformed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MiscInformed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MiscInformed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MiscInformed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If everyone was wearing an N95 compliant mask, then it would make sense. No argument from me.

Virtually nobody is wearing these though. People are wearing cloth masks. Those do NOTHING against this virus. The virus is airborne. Transmission is by more than aerosol droplets. It's floating around on tiny particles of water in the air that can stay aloft for hours. Those go right through a cloth mask.

You may feel good. You may feel virtuous. You may even feel superior if you're wearing a cloth mask compared to somebody that isn't, but you both have essentially the same protection against this thing, which is none.

Go outdoors. Get some sunlight. Stay 20' or more feet from other people. Avoid sharing closed rooms with strangers, especially with recirculated air. These are the best ways to avoid catching it until herd immunity is reached. Wear an N95 mask if you've got it. However, those cloth masks don't do chit.

The whole "second wave" narrative is bullchit too. Of course there is a "second wave". It's called herd immunity starting. We flattened the curve during these pointlessly long lockdowns, but once people start interacting again, cases are going to go up. Because the lockdown didn't work - couldn't possibly work - some % of people coming out of lockdown were always going to be infected and contagious. The lockdowns were stupid and based on lies, but one thing we learned was that the Kung Flu is at least 10x LESS deadly than it was advertised to be. We also know that being old, already sick, and/or fat are the risk factors that matter. If that's not you, you have a very small chance of dying from it. If that is you, then you should be self-quarantining away from everybody regardless whether other people are wearing masks or not.

Let's get back to normal. The globohomo elite does not want a return to normal, so that's why it's imperative that we do!
    "Buy a man eat fish, the day, teach man, to lifetime." - Joe Biden

2022 New Year's Resolution: Randomly neg TheScapeGOAT for lulz.