Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dorich View Post
    Figure out your main goal. Right now it seems to be all over the place.

What is your PRIORITY?

If you need some fat loss inspiration, my story might help: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173909811

I'm also a big fan of zig-zagging calories. You don't require a 24-hour fast to do that, but just aim for a weekly X amount of kcal.

If your priority is muscle building, don't be in a deficit for a long time.

If you carry significant amounts of fat at this point, do not bulk.

If you are trying to maintain your weight and make gains, it might be very difficult / next to impossible if you already had your newbie gains.

So pick either (a) further fat loss, (b) slight surplus and muscle building, or (c) maintaining weight.

Good luck. You can do it.
    You listed all my problems.

I think I’m past newbie gains even though my lifts are poverty.

I’ve got too high bodyfat to bulk

I feel like I’m too light already to continue cutting but goal weight is 157lbs.

I’ve been through cutting and bulking before and I did a slow bulk from 164 to 171 and then cut to current weight of 160 or so.

Cutting is easy for me (loosing over 1lb per week) as long as I get one refeed a week (this I recently figured out that my body does well with one day of close to maintenance calories - reduces 50 calories a day from other 6 days).

Clear cut answer is to continue cutting till I am 13% bodyfat but I’ll be skinnier than most teenagers my height.

Dunno.

While I’m here on the forum trying to figure out my future path - my current path is crystal clear. I’m cutting till 157.

What I do after that (3 to 4 weeks from now), is what I’m trying to figure out and seems like suggestion is to continue that cut. cuz stil too much bodyfat to bulk
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Well I feel pretty skinny already at 160lbs.

I get 163g protien, 150g carbs (32 or grams fiber), 72g fat. In a deficit and loosing little over 1lb per week while maintaining lifts.

I try to eat 80g Fruits a day (banana, berries, cherries, whatever frozen I got) and couple servings of veggies (asparagus, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms).

I don’t think diet is my problem. It’s probably sleep. Or just that I’m a fuking weakling maybe and not built for this. Haha
    Your vegetable and fruit intake is on the low side. You should get about 500 grams combined per day. And fiber should be higher too. If you do that you'll feel more full which will make it easier to lose weight.

You've got two options basically:

1. Bite the bullet and look skinny for a while
    2. Forget about losing fat and just aim to get stronger. Eat whatever amount it takes.

Also try to improve your sleep as much as you can of course.

TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    My main point was that he's still a novice if it's only been 3 months... but certainly there can be different reasons for lack of progress
    I’ve got too long a story but to make it short - I’ve made a lot of mistakes and finally it sank that I’m no special snowflake. Either cut or bulk cuz maintenance does not do chit for me. That’s what I experienced and that’s what I was told by everyone including articles and forum.

I did some fuking around in the gym last year.

Then I did Fierce 5 from Jan 2020 till May 2020 and did not concentrate on recovery too much. I did make slow gains on my lifts but nothing commendable. I took my deadlift from 175 x 5 to 215 x 5 and had Similar slow progress on other lifts also.

I started cutting May 15th. switched to allpro June 2020.

I’m trying to diagnose my issues and fix them.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Your vegetable and fruit intake is on the low side. You should get about 500 grams combined per day. And fiber should be higher too. If you do that you'll feel more full which will make it easier to lose weight.

You've got two options basically:

1. Bite the bullet and look skinny for a while
    2. Forget about losing fat and just aim to get stronger. Eat whatever amount it takes.

Also try to improve your sleep as much as you can of course.
    I thought fruit was to be avoided? I try to eat fruit right before and after working out to spike that sugar. Like half a banana before and half after. Or 140g berries for whopping 80 calories after working out. I love eating fruit but I limit it cuz apparently that sugar is not good?

Edit: most days hunger is not a problem for me. I’ve been doing fine since I’ve dropped daily calories by 50 and do a carb refeed once a week. It’s become real easy. And I can deal with hunger just fine also.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I thought fruit was to be avoided? I try to eat fruit right before and after working out to spike that sugar. Like half a banana before and half after. Or 140g berries for whopping 80 calories after working out. I love eating fruit but I limit it cuz apparently that sugar is not good?

Edit: most days hunger is not a problem for me. I’ve been doing fine since I’ve dropped daily calories by 50 and do a carb refeed once a week. It’s become real easy. And I can deal with hunger just fine also.
    Avoid fruit!?!?

Dude... what the hell have you been reading??
    The power of carbs compels me!

Avoid fruit!?!?

Dude... what the hell have you been reading??
    Ummm smh

I read somewhere that the sugars in fruits are not too good unless before / after workouts. Basically article said sugars in fruits are not good and can be stored as fat.

So I try and eat more veggies.

500 grams is a good idea but let’s say on a cut the budget is 150g carbs and on bulk 300g carbs.

Out of that how much could one have via fruits and veggies?

I try and fill mine with whole wheat bread/belvita cookies (belvita only couple times a week) and about 150 to 200 calories from fruits / veggies

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You could fill all with fruit and vegetables.

You can choose low carb vegetables and fruits if you need to keep calories down.

And like Adam said you've been reading misinformation.

You said before your diet was in check but to be honest that doesn't rhyme with your pictures. No offense meant of course. Your diet can probably be improved in several ways.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    You could fill all with fruit and vegetables.

You can choose low carb vegetables and fruits if you need to keep calories down.

And like Adam said you've been reading misinformation.

You said before your diet was in check but to be honest that doesn't rhyme with your pictures. No offense meant of course. Your diet can probably be improved in several ways.
    I should’ve said my macros and calories are in check lol

I eat chicken breasts and thighs (skinless), beef, vegetables & fruits (will increase these for sure), bread, rice couple and noodles once a week, eggs, oatmeal. 12 to 30oz of diet soda a week. About 300 to max 800 calories of junk food a week (like pizza, potato chips, etc)

Any good Reliable articles where I can learn a bit more?

I’ve gone from 200lbs to current weight of close to 160lbs.

(Not questioning you here - really - I’d like to improve my diet and get better) How could I have had better results at my current weight? As in, what should/could I have done differently?

Thx!!
    Last edited by TryingBB; 07-14-2020 at 08:16 PM.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I eat chicken breasts and thighs (skinless), vegetables & fruits (will increase these for sure), bread, rice couple and noodles once a week, eggs, oatmeal. 12 to 30oz of diet soda a week. About 300 to max 800 calories of junk food a week (like pizza, potato chips, etc)

(Not questioning you here - really - I’d like to improve my diet and get better) How could I have had better results at my current weight? As in, what should/could I have done differently?

Thx!!
    If you dislike hunger, you’re better off eating as much vegetables/produce as possible...

A pound of strawberries, broccoli, romaine, zucchini, spaghetti squash, or blackberries is massive... you can get TONS of volume plus all the health benefits...

For example, if you ate a 10oz bag of romaine, 150g of tomato, 4oz of mushrooms, 4oz of lean meat, a bit of avocado, and topped it with a low/no-calorie dressing, that’s like 350 calories for a gigantic bowl of food... and you could even add more if you wanted... eat that with a big side of cantaloupe and you’re still only looking at like 450 calories for 2lb+ of food.

Oats are a good idea, but if you’re struggling to feel full on a cut, I don’t know why you’d be eating dry Belvita cookies and chips...

Hell I eat 3200-3500 calories a day on average and I still eat about a 1.5 - 2lb of produce every day, in addition to oats, potatoes, and other filling things.

If I were only eating like 1800 calories, basically all my carbs would be vegetables, berries, oats, and potato.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 07-14-2020 at 08:26 PM.

If you dislike hunger, you’re better off eating as much vegetables/produce as possible...

A pound of strawberries, broccoli, romaine, zucchini, spaghetti squash, or blackberries is massive... you can get TONS of volume plus all the health benefits...

For example, if you ate a 10oz bag of romaine, 150g of tomato, 4oz of mushrooms, 4oz of lean meat, a bit of avocado, and topped it with a low/no-calorie dressing, that’s like 350 calories for a gigantic bowl of food... and you could even add more if you wanted... eat that with a big side of cantaloupe and you’re still only looking at like 450 calories for 2lb+ of food.

Oats are a good idea, but if you’re struggling to feel full on a cut, I don’t know why you’d be eating dry Belvita cookies and chips...

Hell I eat 3200-3500 calories a day on average and I still eat about a 1.5 - 2lb of produce every day, in addition to oats, potatoes, and other filling things.

If I were only eating like 1800 calories, basically all my carbs would be vegetables, berries, oats, and potato.
    Gotcha. But what does he mean in lost #67?

If you look at pics, there is obviously difference. Could it have been better at the current weight?

RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It sounds like you're doing a good job of cutting and it would be a mistake to stop at 157lb. You're maintaining your lifts and losing a pound per week - that's great, so why stop at an arbitrary number when your bodyfat is still high?

If you are currently 23% at 161lb, then to get to 14% you're probably looking at getting down to at least 145lb, possibly nearer 140lb. Yes, you would look small and skinny with clothes on, but it would put you in a good position for a long, lean bulk that you won't have to cut short due to getting too fat.

I eat chicken breasts and thighs (skinless), beef, vegetables & fruits (will increase these for sure), bread, rice couple and noodles once a week, eggs, oatmeal. 12 to 30oz of diet soda a week. About 300 to max 800 calories of junk food a week (like pizza, potato chips, etc)

Thx!!
    Try replacing processed foods with unprocessed or minimally processed foods as much as possible.

Focus on vegetables, fruit, whole grains, legumes, lean protein sources like chicken fish dairy.

Read the sticky I wrote.

Gotcha. But what does he mean in lost #67?

If you look at pics, there is obviously difference. Could it have been better at the current weight?
    All of your pics are like a week apart... how can I assess anything based on that?

All of your pics are like a week apart... how can I assess anything based on that?
    I take one pic daily when I weight myself. Every 7 days I have a new set of pics. The weight you see below the pics is that days weight and not the average weight. Weight is seemingly similar and I look very similar in those pics - that’s between slow bulks, slow cuts, maintenance and other Mumbo jumbo I was doing back then. Now I’ve learnt and it’s either bulk or cut. Most recently i slow bulked from 164lbs to 171lbs and currently cutting from 171lbs and down to lil over 160lbs. Target weight is 157 and once I reach I’m gonna either continue cutting or may go into 200 surplus (Maybe - cuz concensus seems to be that I should continue loosing fat but I’ll have to convince myself to go that route)

I have a bunch of pics in my gallery. I’ve compiled some of them down here.

Some of the pics are side by side old vs new and those dates are below the picture.

Concern#1: Do you think I’m loosing muscles as time is progressing?
    #2: Have I gained ANY muscle does it look like?

How come my newbie gains are finished (apparently) even though my lifts are poverty. My beginning weight was just the bar on most lifts. Or minimal weight (as in, read that to say I started very very weak)

June 2020

Jan 2020

Sept and dec 2019

April and sept 2019

June 2019

June and August 2019

Nov 2018
    Last edited by TryingBB; 07-14-2020 at 11:43 PM.

alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When I started lifting I was so mad at my hardgainer genetics. Didn't realize doing 3 sets of bench and curls every few days and eating ~50g protein wasn't gonna cut it

Originally Posted by alec935 View Post
    When I started lifting I was so mad at my hardgainer genetics. Didn't realize doing 3 sets of bench and curls every few days and eating ~50g protein wasn't gonna cut it
    Lol I hear ya

I’m following AllPro Program and eating 500 deficit a day loosing 1lb per week currently and maintaining lifts. Im eating 160g protien a day and 73g fats. Rest in carbs.

Suggestions pls?
    Last edited by TryingBB; 07-15-2020 at 12:29 AM.

I take one pic daily when I weight myself. Every 7 days I have a new set of pics. The weight you see below the pics is that days weight and not the average weight. Weight is seemingly similar and I look very similar in those pics - that’s between slow bulks, slow cuts, maintenance and other Mumbo jumbo I was doing back then. Now I’ve learnt and it’s either bulk or cut. Most recently i slow bulked from 164lbs to 171lbs and currently cutting from 171lbs and down to lil over 160lbs. Target weight is 157 and once I reach I’m gonna either continue cutting or may go into 200 surplus (Maybe - cuz concensus seems to be that I should continue loosing fat but I’ll have to convince myself to go that route)

I have a bunch of pics in my gallery. I’ve compiled some of them down here.

Some of the pics are side by side old vs new and those dates are below the picture.

Concern#1: Do you think I’m loosing muscles as time is progressing?
    #2: Have I gained ANY muscle does it look like?

How come my newbie gains are finished (apparently) even though my lifts are poverty. My beginning weight was just the bar on most lifts. Or minimal weight (as in, read that to say I started very very weak)
    I don't see how taking pictures EVERY day would be helpful... the changes would be so small you wouldn't even notice. Seems a bit obsessive.

Honestly, you look like a down-sized version of your original picture(s), but I don't see a huge change muscle 'tone' per se... you simply look much much slimmer. However, it's very difficult to assess when someone starts with a very high BF because we cannot see your definition to begin with.

Losing muscle? Well, no, and that is also evident in that your lifts haven't dropped and/or original went up. At the least, you'd be maintaining muscle.

Your newbie gains aren't finished... nobody has said this.

I don't see how taking pictures EVERY day would be helpful... the changes would be so small you wouldn't even notice. Seems a bit obsessive.

Honestly, you look like a down-sized version of your original picture(s), but I don't see a huge change muscle 'tone' per se... you simply look much much slimmer. However, it's very difficult to assess when someone starts with a very high BF because we cannot see your definition to begin with.

Losing muscle? Well, no, and that is also evident in that your lifts haven't dropped and/or original went up. At the least, you'd be maintaining muscle.

Your newbie gains aren't finished... nobody has said this.
    Based on what I have read everywhere plus on the forums, it’s NORMAL to make gains on the bar and muscles for newbies till they are novices in the first few months of lifting. I’ve read people reach deadlift 1.5 x bodyweight or 1.75 x bodyweight while loosing a pound a week.

For me, I experienced gains on the bar in deficit only in the first couple months of lifting (neural gains more than likely). Since then gains of the bar have substantially slowed down / stopped during when I was maintaining and also when I cut.

I’m trying to set My own expectations here - is this normal? I was hoping to bench at least bodyweight for 5 reps, and deadlift 3 plates while in a deficit but it got real difficult past 185lb x 5 deadlift and 135lb x 5 bench. Didn’t make any gains and I kept resetting. I was stuck at 135 x 5 bench for 4 months almost (reset and go up) but that I figured was due to form.
    For deadlift I had to reset multiple times to go from 185lbs and 215lbs.

Maybe time to switch To intermediate if AllPro does not work?

Based on what I have read everywhere plus on the forums, it’s NORMAL to make gains on the bar and muscles for newbies till they are novices in the first few months of lifting. I’ve read people reach deadlift 1.5 x bodyweight or 1.75 x bodyweight while loosing a pound a week.

For me, I experienced gains on the bar in deficit only in the first couple months of lifting (neural gains more than likely). Since then gains of the bar have substantially slowed down / stopped during when I was maintaining and also when I cut.

I’m trying to set My own expectations here - is this normal? I was hoping to bench at least bodyweight for 5 reps, and deadlift 3 plates while in a deficit but it got real difficult past 185lb x 5 deadlift and 135lb x 5 bench. Didn’t make any gains and I kept resetting. I was stuck at 135 x 5 bench for 4 months almost (reset and go up) but that I figured was due to form.
    For deadlift I had to reset multiple times to go from 185lbs and 215lbs.

Maybe time to switch To intermediate if AllPro does not work?
    I wouldn't expect your gains to have stopped, no, simply given you're still carrying enough bodyfat to be used for muscle-building.

It's possible to get too lean to really build muscle, but you're nowhere near that, and given your current lift levels, this does not sound like a matter of exhausting 'newb gains'.

I'm not an expert on programming, but it IS possible to lift too close to true failure to make gains... that is a thing.

If you go in for a 5x5 and your last rep barely even allows for lock-out, or you fail, then you're getting too close to failure in my opinion and progress can be difficult from that point. In such cases, it can be helpful to scale back weight and sets to something like 3x10 and focus on increasing volume in a new rep range temporarily... but again I'm not expert on that at all.

When you train at/close to failure all the time, you can't really add weight even if you technically lock out a rep because your intensity is already 10/10.

I wouldn't expect your gains to have stopped, no, simply given you're still carrying enough bodyfat to be used for muscle-building.

It's possible to get too lean to really build muscle, but you're nowhere near that, and given your current lift levels, this does not sound like a matter of exhausting 'newb gains'.

I'm not an expert on programming, but it IS possible to lift too close to true failure to make gains... that is a thing.

If you go in for a 5x5 and your last rep barely even allows for lock-out, or you fail, then you're getting too close to failure in my opinion and progress can be difficult from that point. In such cases, it can be helpful to scale back weight and sets to something like 3x10 and focus on increasing volume in a new rep range temporarily... but again I'm not expert on that at all.

When you train at/close to failure all the time, you can't really add weight even if you technically lock out a rep because your intensity is already 10/10.
    My intensity was definitely RPE 10 imo srs when I was on fierce 5.

That’s why I switched to AllPro - however I did fail to pass Cycle 1. I did get a bit stronger - as in - upped my 10RM to be my 11RM and maybe 12RM.

I’ll try one more cycle just like this and see what results are.

Thanks man

Cuz everywhere it says to either cut or bulk, ive chosen to cut at 1lb per week. Currently loosing 1.2lbs. Maybe I can up my calories 150 a day and reduce my deficit up my carbs about 40grams to help with recovery?

RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

This makes a lot of sense to me and aligns with my experience. My squat and bench stalled around 2.5 months into doing Fierce 5 Novice at 65kg (143lb) and 55kg (121lb) respectively. 3 months of grinding, failing and resetting later and I hadn't progressed in either lift but injured my back squatting.

The only things that got the needle moving again were adding in higher rep sets and slowing down progression. My lifts are still novice level (squat and bench both under bodyweight) but I need intermediate progression - I can generally add 5-10lb to each of my compound lifts each 15-week cycle.
    Last edited by RapidFail; 07-15-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    This makes a lot of sense to me and aligns with my experience. My squat and bench stalled around 2.5 months into doing Fierce 5 Novice at 65kg (143lb) and 55kg (121lb) respectively. 3 months of grinding, failing and resetting later and I hadn't progressed in either lift but injured my back squatting.

The only things that got the needle moving again were adding in higher rep sets and slowing down progression. My lifts are still novice level (squat and bench both under bodyweight) but I need intermediate progression - I can generally add 5-10lb to each of my compound lifts each 15-week cycle.
    This is what I’m experiencing. And I killed myself trying to progress my lifts as per fierce 5 protocol. I was working RPE 9 and RPE 10 most workouts.

What program are you following?

And why do you think it’s happening to you? I can’t figure out why I’m not seeing the newbie gains train that so many posters seem to be achieving?

This is what I’m experiencing. And I killed myself trying to progress my lifts as per fierce 5 protocol. I was working RPE 9 and RPE 10 most workouts.

What program are you following?

And why do you think it’s happening to you? I can’t figure out why I’m not seeing the newbie gains train that so many posters seem to be achieving?
    Everyone's genetics are different. Greg Nuckols was able to use novice programming to get his squat and deadlift over 500lb. I attribute my slow progress to:

- age (I didn't begin lifting weights consistently until I was 34.)
    - injuries (I have been in and out of the physiotherapist's clinic for the past few years with injuries to my knee, shoulders and lower back. Each time I spend weeks to months regaining lost strength.)
    - bone structure (I have very long femurs and a short torso, which is bad for squatting and very long arms which are bad for benching)

On the plus side, I have managed to add about 20lb of muscle to my frame (check out my before and after pics) and the injuries are getting less frequent with time.

Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    Everyone's genetics are different. Greg Nuckols was able to use novice programming to get his squat and deadlift over 500lb. I attribute my slow progress to:

- age (I didn't begin lifting weights consistently until I was 34.)
    - injuries (I have been in and out of the physiotherapist's clinic for the past few years with injuries to my knee, shoulders and lower back. Each time I spend weeks to months regaining lost strength.)
    - bone structure (I have very long femurs and a short torso, which is bad for squatting and very long arms which are bad for benching)

On the plus side, I have managed to add about 20lb of muscle to my frame (check out my before and after pics) and the injuries are getting less frequent with time.
    That muscle looks great! Good job!!

What intermediate program are you on?

alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Being skinny looks better than being fat

Originally Posted by alec935 View Post
    Being skinny looks better than being fat
    We can all have our own opinions but chicks don’t dig skinny guys. Aesthetic skinny maybe.

Abs on skinny guy = same as big boobs on a fat chick. No offense but read that on the misc lol

That muscle looks great! Good job!!

What intermediate program are you on?
    Sorry, forgot to answer that bit! I was doing the Ripped Body 4-day Novice Bodybuilding program (though I used intermediate progression once I stalled) before I switched to doing Outlift, which I paid for. I'm loving Outlift, but can't honestly say it's any better than the Ripped Body program.

I've never done All Pro, but did consider it before choosing Fierce 5 (which I loved, I just couldn't keep up with the progression beyond 3 months).

snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What are ops lift by the pictures I think training might be an issue there’s like no muscle gain
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    What are ops lift by the pictures I think training might be an issue there’s like no muscle gain
    Yea I know. That’s what I’m thinking. Where is the darned muscle? I started with let’s say just the bar for most exercises.

( x 5 is from Fierce 5 and x 12 is from AllPro - currently on AllPro cuz I kept stalling and resetting on Fierce 5)

Bench: 135 x 5 / 110 x 12
    OHP: 100 x 5 / 75 x 10
    Deadlift: 215 x 5
    SLDL: 105 x 12 (this was too easy for me - I think I started too low in weight on this one)
    Squat: 96 x 12 / I have form issues that I’ve recently figured out. My upper body is shorter than my lower body also. Keeping bar mid foot, while keeping torso at the correct angle is a bisch but I’m progressing nonetheless

As I’m loosing weight I’m just shrinking. Shape and fat looks the same. Recently - as in last 3 pounds, I’m starting to feel lot is coming off the belly and side delts are starting to show some shape.

What could I try training wise? I was literally lifting to failure on Fierce 5 and allpro first three weeks felt like a God send - as in training is not actually killing me.

If you weigh ~160 pounds and you can only bench 135 pounds for 5 reps you're not going to look like you lift. Maybe at 180x5 you'll look somewhat like you'll lift.

You need to be on a program that let's you increase your lifts.

When your body fat is above 20%, like it's now, there are several reasons why it's harder to gain muscle:
    - decreased insulin sensitivity
    - increased inflammation
    - decreased protein sensitivity