Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Yup, agreed... and he certainly shouldn’t need to stop lifting for a week.
    Yep that’s what I’ve figured also.

But man y’all don’t know how it felt to me. I was over reaching I think due to not resetting the weights on fierce 5.

May recovery is maybe compromised due to whatever reason - dunno what to say. One thing ia 100% sure I’m not being a pussy in the gym. I workout hard and get my reps in unless I hit failure.

Can’t wait to get this fat off so I can up my calories and see how I do

Edit: not overreaching. I was under recovering.
    Last edited by TryingBB; 07-19-2020 at 10:50 AM.
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Yep that’s what I’ve figured also.

But man y’all don’t know how it felt to me. I was over reaching I think due to not resetting the weights on fierce 5.

May recovery is maybe compromised due to whatever reason - dunno what to say. One thing ia 100% sure I’m not being a pussy in the gym. I workout hard and get my reps in unless I hit failure.

Can’t wait to get this fat off so I can up my calories and see how I do
    What do you mean "don't know how it felt"?
    The power of carbs compels me!

TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What do you mean "don't know how it felt"?
    How it felt while lifting and later mentally not seeing expected weekly increase in lifted weight.

Working out hard. Almost or actually till failure. Seeing no results in terms of weekly gains even though my lifts are pretty low.

It was my fault probably also because I did not follow the program and reset to 15% lower weight upon failure as Fierce 5 says to do. Instead I kept grinding and kept failing. Probably leading to under recovery.

I think this could be because I have very little, lower than normal, muscle mass under all that fat and only so much neural gains could be had.

Time will tell when this fat is off and I switch to bulk.

For now nothing is certain besides loose more fat and continue maintaining lifts. So that’s what I’m doing

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The reason I’m talking about dealods in past tense is because I used to do them on fierce 5.

On allpro they’re built in when you start a new cycle
    err fierce 5 doesn't have any deloads. You mean a weight reset?
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    err fierce 5 doesn't have any deloads. You mean a weight reset?
    It does have a deload protocol but I did make the mistake of not following the reset and deload protocol.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It does have a deload protocol but I did make the mistake of not following the reset and deload protocol.
    Sorry you are right it does have a deload after a full stall whilst on a bulk.

I would never do that, I'd always recommend people just move on.
    5 day full body crew

RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry you are right it does have a deload after a full stall whilst on a bulk.

I would never do that, I'd always recommend people just move on.
    Fierce 5 recommends deloading by taking a single session off every 6-8 weeks when necessary. I only ever did when injured or sick.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, I think you think you are giving it your all. I also think that if you had a coach/partner really pushing you you'd be surprised at how much more you could do.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    OP, I think you think you are giving it your all. I also think that if you had a coach/partner really pushing you you'd be surprised at how much more you could do.
    Allpro pushes the limits kinda I think.

If it asks for 12 reps, and I’m finishing 11th rep and it was iffy form wise
    One of the Following could happen

- I attempt It and get it with chitty form
    - i attempt it and get half a rep
    - I don’t attempt it because it feels like I’ll hurt myself

In any case, I’ll be 0 to 2 reps from failure. Let’s say I was not pushing myself to the limit. Regardless, Isn’t that enough stimulus to cause growth? (0 to 2 reps from failure)

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

In any case, I’ll be 0 to 2 reps from failure. Let’s say I was not pushing myself to the limit. Regardless, Isn’t that enough stimulus to cause growth? (0 to 2 reps from failure)

At your experience level, yes, if you train within 2-3 reps of failure and you're eating and resting properly, you should gradually be able to add weight or reps.

At your experience level, yes, if you train within 2-3 reps of failure and you're eating and resting properly, you should gradually be able to add weight or reps.
    Then where the fuk are my gainz?? I’m in tears :’(

Fuking sucks. Before allpro when I was doing fierce 5, that’s how almost all my lifts were. It’s 3x5 and I was always 0 to 1 rep from failure.

Under recovering??

Then where the fuk are my gainz?? I’m in tears :’(

Fuking sucks. Before allpro when I was doing fierce 5, that’s how almost all my lifts were. It’s 3x5 and I was always 0 to 1 rep from failure.

Under recovering??
    Sure hope you're joking about being in tears...

One thing I have noticed is that if you're training too close to failure, it can be useful to change the set/rep scheme to allow for better recovery. I personally find 3x10 MUCH less taxing than 5x5 even when trying to match for total volume.

I don't program for myself (i have a coach), but when my bench stalled at 135x5, he switched me to 3x10 and instead started working from there... i basically had to drop to 105lb for 3x10, then move to 110 next week, then 115, and so on...

At the same time, we added shoulder press volume in a lighter intensity of 3x10 and simply kept the weight the same while progressing the bench. It's basically a way to add shoulder/chest volume without directly getting to all out failure on 5x5... you're still building the shoulder and chest strength but you're not killing yourself on the 5x5 anymore.

After a few weeks using the new progression, the plan is to re-test/program back to the original 5x5, in the hopes the that heavier weight improved from the greater total training volume.

We did a similar thing on squats, where when I stalled, wee kept the squat weight the same but progressed on Sumo Deadlift instead and good-mornings, which also help the supporting muscles but aren't as taxing as the squat.

Sure hope you're joking about being in tears...

One thing I have noticed is that if you're training too close to failure, it can be useful to change the set/rep scheme to allow for better recovery. I personally find 3x10 MUCH less taxing than 5x5 even when trying to match for total volume.

I don't program for myself (i have a coach), but when my bench stalled at 135x5, he switched me to 3x10 and instead started working from there... i basically had to drop to 105lb for 3x10, then move to 110 next week, then 115, and so on...

At the same time, we added shoulder press volume in a lighter intensity of 3x10 and simply kept the weight the same while progressing the bench. It's basically a way to add shoulder/chest volume without directly getting to all out failure on 5x5... you're still building the shoulder and chest strength but you're not killing yourself on the 5x5 anymore.

After a few weeks using the new progression, the plan is to re-test/program back to the original 5x5, in the hopes the that heavier weight improved from the greater total training volume.

We did a similar thing on squats, where when I stalled, wee kept the squat weight the same but progressed on Sumo Deadlift instead and good-mornings, which also help the supporting muscles but aren't as taxing as the squat.
    Well yea not literally in tears but yea it’s sucks after putting all this time and effort come to find I was making a mistake.

I think I should look for an online coach at least cuz I ain’t going to regular gym during the corona times and I’m done making mistakes and finding out after I’m done making those mistakes. If I fail to progress on AllPro or my results are below my expectations, I’ll come here ofcourse, but I’ll also hire and online coach I think. Thoughts?

Is your coach online or in person?

Well yea not literally in tears but yea it’s sucks after putting all this time and effort come to find I was making a mistake.

I think I should look for an online coach at least cuz I ain’t going to regular gym during the corona times and I’m done making mistakes and finding out after I’m done making those mistakes. If I fail to progress on AllPro or my results are below my expectations, I’ll come here ofcourse, but I’ll also hire and online coach I think. Thoughts?

Is your coach online or in person?
    He’s online... we chat over Skype when needed and I get weekly spreadsheets

This is the issue, especially with your current mental situation to due not progressing with it.

I would much rather see you run 7 sets of 3
    4 reps from failure and build some confidence technique and good work without any risk or worry of not meeting targets.
    5 day full body crew

This is the issue, especially with your current mental situation to due not progressing with it.

I would much rather see you run 7 sets of 3
    4 reps from failure and build some confidence technique and good work without any risk or worry of not meeting targets.
    7x3 with 4 reps in tank will stimulate muscle growth? How much rest would I need between sets?

7x3 with 4 reps in tank will stimulate muscle growth? How much rest would I need between sets?
    It's more of a strength protocol, but getting stronger and with better technique will help with hypertrophy work
    building confidence in lifting is very underrated.
    That's not to say there is no hypertrophy benefit, there definitely will be, it just wouldn't be optimal for hypertrophy if that was the only thing you did

3 minutes ish, until you are very comfortable with the movement, then you can start dropping it gradually.
    Wouldn't go below 2 minute or it starts becoming less a strength focus and more muscle endurance type work
    5 day full body crew

Created a squat form check post / video.

Please critique. I’ve got my shields on for the storm to follow. I know the form is crap looking for ways to fix.

Thanks

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1611158121

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    7x3 with 4 reps in tank will stimulate muscle growth?
    The direct effect on hypertrophy will be minimal.

Bench press form thread

Thanks for your input..

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178715241

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your feet and lower body are moving too much. I can't really tell if your shoulder blades are correctly held together.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Your feet and lower body are moving too much. I can't really tell if your shoulder blades are correctly held together.
    Cool thanks.

I keep shoulde blades retracted but will see if I can get a better video next time around

For the feet I Learnt a great cue today. Feet flat on the ground and try to push toes into the ground (Force pointing) at a 45 degree angle Such that it transfer into the legs and Into the upper body.

I knew bench is a full body exercise but never knew this is how leg drive is achieved.

Do I have it right?

Here is the squat form thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178713691

Thank you again for your input

Keep in mind though that a powerlifting bench and a bodybuilding bench are slightly different. You don't want a huge arch in your back, just a slight one.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Keep in mind though that a powerlifting bench and a bodybuilding bench are slightly different. You don't want a huge arch in your back, just a slight one.
    Got it. I’ll keep the arch that I have right now. I may move my feet back a tad bit so I can force them into the ground more. I kinda would just plant them on the ground and let them be there while trying to stay tensed - however just upper body would be mostly tensed.

AllPro light workout tomorrow. Will try the cue and see how it goes while keeping the same arch ive been doing.

Did you get a chance to look at the squat? Any critique?

Had a look now. Chest not upright and going down without control are the two things I notice. I see both have been mentioned in your thread (Adamww and Alexsays).
    Last edited by Mrpb; 07-21-2020 at 05:57 PM.

I’ve created threads/videos for these exercises. Please critique. Thanks

BP-trying to still get that leg drive right https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178805981

Bent over row: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178805991

OHP https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178806001

SLDL https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178806281

Calf raises: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178806351

Curls - my left shrilled wants to come forward and feels weak. Always has. I got tenfitinits in it loooong time ago and it keeps wanting to come back
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178806321

katarina2804 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Males for participating in online interviews - 50$ incentive provided

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for posting something unrelated to current discussion, but I could really use your help!

I am a PhD candidate at Western Sydney University. For my PhD project, I am developing a new body image questionnaire. For this purpose I am conducting online interviews via Zoom teleconferencing with males who currently have OR previously had either:
    a) eating/body image concerns;
    b) disordered eating;
    OR
    c) eating disorder or muscle dysmorphia diagnosis

The topic of the interview is body image and participants will be asked questions about experience with their own body, thoughts, emotions, and beliefs about one's weight and shape. During the interview, participants do not have to use the Zoom video. The interview will last no more than one hour and you will be reimbursed with $50 AUD giftcard.

This study has been approved by the University's ethics committee board. If you are under the age of 18, you will be given a parental information sheet and parental informed consent (in addition to participant information sheet and participant informed consent) which must be signed on-screen before participation.

If you find yourself in the participant description and are interested in helping me out with research, contact me on my email address:19957210(at)student.westernsydney.edu.au. If you have any questions or doubts, also don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you in advance!