Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have the PT lever squat and I once went to the store, cash in hand, to buy a Body Craft or Body Solid leg press.

I did the AB demo thing swapping from one to the other as I tried each function.

Eventually, I decided the Body Craft F660 was a POS and continued testing the Body Solid.

After about another 30 mins, I left the store with my cash.

I'm still content with the PT lever squat.

Therefore, I'd advise you to demo these pieces before you possibly make an expensive mistake.

Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am still trying to convince my wife, but next thing I want is the PT lever squat.

Did you try the PT leg press? Just curious.

daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    I am still trying to convince my wife, but next thing I want is the PT lever squat.

Yes, I have tried the PT leg press. If I was going to buy a leg press, that's what I'd get. However, I've convinced myself that I don't need it. (flame suit on)

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    I have the PT lever squat and I once went to the store, cash in hand, to buy a Body Craft or Body Solid leg press.

I did the AB demo thing swapping from one to the other as I tried each function.

Eventually, I decided the Body Craft F660 was a POS and continued testing the Body Solid.

After about another 30 mins, I left the store with my cash.

I'm still content with the PT lever squat.

Therefore, I'd advise you to demo these pieces before you possibly make an expensive mistake.
    Why in your opinion was the Bodycraft F660 a POS? Any specifics that steered you away from it?

What made the Powertec Leg Press superior if you were to choose a leg press machine? Was it strictly based on price, or some other feature that gave it the advantage?

WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."

thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I currently have an older model Parabody leg press/hack squat combo. Uses the plastic rollers. It's honestly fine for leg presses. The foot plate is a little smaller than most commercial models so if you prefer to go really wide it limits you. It's also rated to 1000lbs, the most I've ever had on it is around 850 or so, because that's all the plates I could fit. I have some deep dish Hamptons and some cheapo Sports Authority which are not deep dish. I also have a couple of Hampton 100lbs plates. I think the only way you could get 1000lbs on it is with 5 100lb plates a side. The hack squat isn't the best, you really have to play with foot spacing and the angle of the foot plate/back rest to get it to where it's comfortable on the knees. The plastic rollers to me seem like they cause a lot of friction on the hack squat, at least to me it's much more noticeable than on the leg press. It means I can't use as much weight since it feels heavier, not a big deal to me, I'll still do hack squats, just a pain to unload after leg presses, readjust the machine and then do hack squats, so for me it's usually an either or exercise on leg day.
    I've also had the older model PT Leverage Squat machine and loved it. Pretty smooth piece for home grade equipment. It seemed sturdier if you left plates on the storage horns on the base of the unit. I wish I still had the machine. At the time I had the PT Leverage Squat and the PT Hip Sled. I sold them both to get the leg press/hack squat machine. I don't really miss the PT Hip Sled, but I did like doing squats on the leverage machine. Felt pretty much like a normal squat to me, I'm a high bar squatter and often elevate my heels, so this machine felt pretty good to me. I can do leverage squats on my PT WorkBench Leverage machine, but it's just not the same, having to start in the bottom position.
    If I had to pick one or the other at this point in my training, I'd probably stick with the leg press, heavy squats just aren't that important to me these days and I'm not missing all the compression on my spine.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I don't really miss the PT Hip Sled
    When you say "PT Hip Sled" are you referring to the compact leg sled?

https://www.powertec.com/compact-leg-sled

I'm considering getting this (or the one from ForceUSA) since it looks like it ought to feel more like a hack squat rather than a leg press and I'm missing the hack squat from the commercial gym, but I don't have the room to get an actual one. What did you not like about it?

grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Why in your opinion was the Bodycraft F660 a POS? Any specifics that steered you away from it?

What made the Powertec Leg Press superior if you were to choose a leg press machine? Was it strictly based on price, or some other feature that gave it the advantage?
    The Bodycraft is not a POS. it has served me well for 9 years now. I think may others would agree. That being said I refuse to get into some kind of back and forth debate over it.
    If you could possibly try out different leg presses by all means do it. I know in my area its tough finding stores that carry various leg presses or other larger pieces of equipment. Especially now, I'm sure many have even sold their floor models too.

thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    When you say "PT Hip Sled" are you referring to the compact leg sled?

https://www.powertec.com/compact-leg-sled

I'm considering getting this (or the one from ForceUSA) since it looks like it ought to feel more like a hack squat rather than a leg press and I'm missing the hack squat from the commercial gym, but I don't have the room to get an actual one. What did you not like about it?
    Yes, that's what I had, although mine was an older model. My dislikes were I could easily max out the 600lb limit. I saw videos of Lee Priest using it and adding an Olympic bar behind it and adding weight that way, worked for him. It was pretty smooth, but I just prefer the angled leg press. I liked doing toe raises on it. I got a good deal on it and if I had unlimited space I would've kept it, but that wasn't the case. The one I had you could actually recline the upper back rest to almost 180 degrees and use it like an old time hack squat. I think I paid around $150 or $175 for mine, pre-covid days several years ago. No way is it worth what they want for a new one.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

Slyjatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the latest model Powertec leg press and can't fault it. It is super smooth and the footplate is a great size allowing wide foot placement. I had the BodySolid previously and find this a lot better. I hated the hacks on the BodySolid as it messed my knees up. Probably not the fault of the machine and simply a case I wasn't cut out for them

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Slyjatt View Post
    I have the latest model Powertec leg press and can't fault it. It is super smooth and the footplate is a great size allowing wide foot placement. I had the BodySolid previously and find this a lot better. I hated the hacks on the BodySolid as it messed my knees up. Probably not the fault of the machine and simply a case I wasn't cut out for them
    The latest model Powertec is the one I think hits on everything I'm looking for, besides not being a "commercial" unit. Good weight capacity, bigger footplate, small footprint. It's what I plan to go with if I ever decide I absolutely need a leg press and haven't found a used commercial that fits in my gym.

I still sort of regret passing on a cheap used Jam'n Squat machine last year, but at the time I had nowhere to put one.

Slyjatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Calf raises are easy to do on the Powertec with feet placed on the bottom of the footplate.
    Did them today and gives a great burn.

grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I decided I was never going back to the commercial gym, so I was in the market for a leg press/hack squat combo for my garage gym. However, I never liked the amount of pressure I always felt in my core at the bottom of the leg press. I remember one time while doing heavy leg presses, I felt a pop in my intercostal area. It hurt like a son-of-a-bitch for a week, but luckily it healed on it's own. I got lucky.

Then there's the issue of those leg press/hack squat combo machines tending to be horrible hack squat machines. From what I heard, the angle is always too steep, so it can be really bad for your knees. After 30 years of training, my knees can't really take any more punishment so I didn't want to risk any more damage from using a chitty hack squat machine.

Also, leg press/hack squat machines tend to take up a lot of gym real estate.

So I bought the leverage squat machine from TDS/New York Barbells for my pandemic gym:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/pro91305.html

Now, I don't know if it's because I've never used a leverage squat machine before now or what, but I friggin' love this machine. It really allows me to get a really deep squat without the same kind stress that regular back squat places on your back and knees. There is still some spinal compression, though. it's kind of unavoidable. But it's not as bad. You can really focus on overloading the quads, glutes, and hams without having to worry about any balance or mobility issues. For bodybuilding, it's defintely a suitable alternative to regular squats as a main compound movement for legs.

TDS claims my leverage squat machine can handle 1000lbs, but I'm doing reps with 4 plates on each side of the thing, and it's already kind of wobbly. I heard the Powertec model that the OP mentioned also has an issue with wobbling. I don't know about the BodySolid GSCL360, but I would imagine it would be the same. I think it's an inherit flaw in the "single pole" design of leverage squat machines at this price point. The commercial version from BodySolid:

https://www.fitnesszone.com/product/...0aAjHrEALw_wcB

looks like it'd be a lot sturdier. But you're also paying double the price. At that price point, you might as well get a Rhino belt squat. Don't get me wrong though; I don't feel I'd ever be strong enough to cause my machine to topple over or fall apart on me (but, just to be safe, I upgraded all the bolts to grade 8 bolts anyway).

Here's a video on the different exercises you can do on a leverage squat machine:

An here's a video explaining in detail the exercises you typically do on the machine (namely, squat, split squats, and calf raises):

So, IMO, leverage squat machines are a better buy than a leg press/hack squat combo machine for the garage gym. They take up less space, can be safer to use, and they also seem more versatile.
    The York barbell leverage seems like a decent piece similar to the Bodysolid. I believe its in stock too ( unlike the Bodysolid). A bit cheaper too.
    Besides a standing leverage squat I was also looking into the Edge Fitness Belt squat.
    https://edgefitnesssystems.com/produ...uxe-belt-squat
    Looking for another Leg piece to supplement my Leg press. Have to lay off the squats a while due to a torn rotator cuff, besides a little variety can't hurt.
    I've never tried either piece of equipment. So still unsure which I would like best.

Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    The Bodycraft is not a POS. it has served me well for 9 years now. I think may others would agree. That being said I refuse to get into some kind of back and forth debate over it.
    If you could possibly try out different leg presses by all means do it. I know in my area its tough finding stores that carry various leg presses or other larger pieces of equipment. Especially now, I'm sure many have even sold their floor models too.
    I found a fitness equipment dealer that sells Bodycraft a little under an hour away, I'm gonna e-mail them and see if they have an F660 floor model set up there and if they do I'll maybe try it out.

If/When I'm ready to get a leg press, I'm confident the F660 will be my choice.

I found a fitness equipment dealer that sells Bodycraft a little under an hour away, I'm gonna e-mail them and see if they have an F660 floor model set up there and if they do I'll maybe try it out.

If/When I'm ready to get a leg press, I'm confident the F660 will be my choice.
    great, hopefully they have one to try out. let us know how it works out.

The York barbell leverage seems like a decent piece similar to the Bodysolid. I believe its in stock too ( unlike the Bodysolid). A bit cheaper too.
    Besides a standing leverage squat I was also looking into the Edge Fitness Belt squat.
    https://edgefitnesssystems.com/produ...uxe-belt-squat
    Looking for another Leg piece to supplement my Leg press. Have to lay off the squats a while due to a torn rotator cuff, besides a little variety can't hurt.
    I've never tried either piece of equipment. So still unsure which I would like best.
    You mean the New York Barbell leverage squat, i.e. the one I posted? I did a quick search on York Barbell's web site for a leverage squat and couldn't find one, so I'm guessing you meant to say New York Barbell.

While my NyB leverage squat is probably decent for the price paid (I have no experience with other units from other vendors so I can't say for certain), be aware that TDS/New York Barbell quality is probably on-par with that of Titan Fitness. Ideally, when you get gym equipment you want them to be perfect right out of the box. But I have three TDS pieces in my pandemic gym (including the leverage squat), and I've to had to do something to each of them after assembly to get them to be where I wanted them to be.

With the leverage squat specifically, the weight horns on my unit actually slope downward a little bit. That's a kind of a big deal because unless you have collars on, the weights can start to slide off. It's the weirdest thing and I can't figure out why it happens. Because when I hold the weight horns up to the arm it bolts into with my hand, it looks straight. But the minute I bolt it in, it starts to sag down. But anyway, I fixed the issue by using some washers to act as shims to make the horns straight when I bolt them down. So now it's pretty close to perfect.

Also, the bolts they give you to bolt what I like to call "critical points" are unmarked so I gotta assume they're grade 2 bolts. Now, I probably wouldn't ever be using enough weight to cause those grade 2 bolts to snap. I mean, TDS claims the unit can handle 1,000lbs. But I decided to upgrade the bolts to grade 8 anyway. They cost next to nothing except the time time it took to put them in, so it's a small price to pay for a little piece of mind.

You mean the New York Barbell leverage squat, i.e. the one I posted? I did a quick search on York Barbell's web site for a leverage squat and couldn't find one, so I'm guessing you meant to say New York Barbell.

While my NyB leverage squat is probably decent for the price paid (I have no experience with other units from other vendors so I can't say for certain), be aware that TDS/New York Barbell quality is probably on-par with that of Titan Fitness. Ideally, when you get gym equipment you want them to be perfect right out of the box. But I have three TDS pieces in my pandemic gym (including the leverage squat), and I've to had to do something to each of them after assembly to get them to be where I wanted them to be.

With the leverage squat specifically, the weight horns on my unit actually slope downward a little bit. That's a kind of a big deal because unless you have collars on, the weights can start to slide off. It's the weirdest thing and I can't figure out why it happens. Because when I hold the weight horns up to the arm it bolts into with my hand, it looks straight. But the minute I bolt it in, it starts to sag down. But anyway, I fixed the issue by using some washers to act as shims to make the horns straight when I bolt them down. So now it's pretty close to perfect.

Also, the bolts they give you to bolt what I like to call "critical points" are unmarked so I gotta assume they're grade 2 bolts. Now, I probably wouldn't ever be using enough weight to cause those grade 2 bolts to snap. I mean, TDS claims the unit can handle 1,000lbs. But I decided to upgrade the bolts to grade 8 anyway. They cost next to nothing except the time time it took to put them in, so it's a small price to pay for a little piece of mind.
    yes I meant the one you posted. thanks for the info- I'm not to familiar with that company so good to know. Kinda sucks you have to manipulate each piece you get from them, but the prices aren't bad and its still good to have some equipment on hand during the shutdowns.
    I'm still undecided. I think its still between the body solid standing leverage and maybe edge fitness belt squat. I tried barbell squats again this week, but still too painful on the shoulder and neck when I start adding on any serious weight. Don't want to force it too much right now. Either way still want to get something to supplement my leg workouts.
    Seems like belt squats are all the rage right now. Bodysolid still out of stock.

pulled the trigger on the edge fitness belt squat. Got some re arranging to do now in the gym.

Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow, Nice! I would love to own one of those.

pulled the trigger on the edge fitness belt squat. Got some re arranging to do now in the gym.
    Awesome! Did you land up going with the standard, or deluxe version? With, or without the handles? It'll be great to see a write up on it once you put it to the test, I own Mech's rack attachment version and really have to stop procrastinating and start using it on certain days for high volume leg work.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 07-24-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Awesome! Did you land up going with the standard, or deluxe version? With, or without the handles? It'll be great to see a write up on it once you put it to the test, I own Mech's rack attachment version and really have to stop procrastinating and start using it on certain days for high volume leg work.
    I would be very interested in a review as well. I'm guessing the standard version probably wobbles a little bit once you start loading it up with sufficient amounts of weight due to it's single lever design. The deluxe probably wouldn't have this issue because it's double lever.

I'd like to know more about it's range of motion. Can you go full ATG or are you limited to just going a tad below parallel?

I went with the standard with handles. It should be fine. I think my days of wanting top of the line equipment are over. I think the smaller footprint is also what I need with my limited space that I have left in my gym. unless I offload some stuff, which I am not looking to do now. Talked with them over the phone- seemed real nice and answered my questions. He said the standard should fill my needs and wasn't looking to upsell me the more expensive unit, which I liked.
    Besides, there are Too many other things for the house I need to spend money on in the near future. Need to get a nice riding mower!

Its about a 5-6 week wait- which is ok. I have never used a belt squat. Never used a standing leverage as well, so either way taking a bit of a chance I guess.

I would be very interested in a review as well. I'm guessing the standard version probably wobbles a little bit once you start loading it up with sufficient amounts of weight due to it's single lever design. The deluxe probably wouldn't have this issue because it's double lever.

I'd like to know more about it's range of motion. Can you go full ATG or are you limited to just going a tad below parallel?
    I'm ok with a bit of wobble, Not looking to throw 1000lbs on it. I've always responded better with higher reps and slightly lower weight, especially during leg workouts.

I think the standard will be fine. not worried about slight wobble. Not looking to throw 1000lbs on there. I've always responded better with higher reps and using slightly lower weights in my leg workouts. Maybe why I've never had any knee issues. wish I took that approach earlier in life when doing any sort of pressing. My shoulders would be better off today.

I think the standard will be fine. not worried about slight wobble. Not looking to throw 1000lbs on there. I've always responded better with higher reps and using slightly lower weights in my leg workouts. Maybe why I've never had any knee issues. wish I took that approach earlier in life when doing any sort of pressing. My shoulders would be better off today.
    Here’s a guy on YouTube demonstrating what appears to be the standard version:

As suspected, there’s a bit of wobble. It’s probably not a big deal, as the lever arm of my TDS leverage squat machine tends to wobble like that too. It’s only a little daunting at first.

I wish that guy would’ve demonstrated trying to go ATG with at least one 45lb plate on each side to see if it can be done or does the plate hit the ground first.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is great advise.
    If you can try it before buying do it and compare.
    Ive made that mistake before.
    Also figure out what you might be able to do with it other than it's main purpose.
    For example i have a tuff stuff hack squat/leg press machine that i can also do calve work and what i call a hack machine shoulder press.

Those weights are halfway between the fulcrum and where the belt hooks. Pretty sure that makes the weight lighter with potential to be a plate eater. I could be wrong though.

here is another video from an older thread. Going a bit deeper than the other video. I could always make a nice platform if needed. no biggie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jS1...ature=emb_logo

according to their website
    • Weight loads towards the front, at the sides of the user. Weight ratio is roughly 70-75% of a barbell squat.-Deluxe
    • Weight ratio is aproximately 65-70% of a barbell squat. - Standard

The size of the foot plate

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    The size of the foot plate
    This we can agree on- could be bigger for sure.
    Still very usable though.