ktb98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rate of weight gain

I've been training hard 5-6 days/week for the past four weeks since the gym opened, and I've been aiming to hit the recommended 0.5 lbs of weight gain per week since then. During quarantine, my home workouts consisted of exercises using bodyweight and light dumbbells. I've been eating in a very slight surplus since returning to the gym, yet I've gained 5.5 lbs in that span of time. What could I attribute to this?
    My stats: 22 year old female, 94 lbs, and I've been eating 1800-2000 calories daily. I also supplement with BCAA and creatine, and I eat a very clean, whole-foods based diet.
    Last edited by ktb98; 07-13-2020 at 04:10 PM.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just speculating, but you could have lost some muscle mass during quarantine. You could have gained some of the muscle mass back since you've been going to the gym. Creatine, I've heard, makes you hold water. So it can be water weight in addition to muscle. Also, don't believe what a scale says. Sometimes I weigh more after using the restroom.